Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Duke of Westminster has passed away  (Read 12858 times)
Music in Motion

Warned
Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: August 12, 2016, 05:33:13 PM »

I expect a lot of royals, Aristos, and VIPs will be at the memorial. Glad the family got to grieve and say goodbye in private.
Princess BlueEyes

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: August 12, 2016, 05:38:04 PM »

Not sure if this was mentioned

A private funeral service, attended only by close family members, was held this afternoon for the Duke of Westminster.

And

A memorial service will be held later in the year for the Duke of Westminster, who died on Tuesday.

Just wanted to post the same! Also from Palmer

"Senior members of the Royal Family had been primed to attend the funeral but that was always subject to the family's wishes."

Though I don't quite get what it means that they "had been primed", can anyone explain, please? They wanted to go, but the Gs decided they wanted closest family only, thus none of the royals were in attendance?

Means they were ready to attend as soon as the date and time were known.

Olya

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: August 12, 2016, 05:49:38 PM »

Not sure if this was mentioned

A private funeral service, attended only by close family members, was held this afternoon for the Duke of Westminster.

And

A memorial service will be held later in the year for the Duke of Westminster, who died on Tuesday.

Just wanted to post the same! Also from Palmer

"Senior members of the Royal Family had been primed to attend the funeral but that was always subject to the family's wishes."

Though I don't quite get what it means that they "had been primed", can anyone explain, please? They wanted to go, but the Gs decided they wanted closest family only, thus none of the royals were in attendance?

Means they were ready to attend as soon as the date and time were known.

Thank you! That's what I thought and I can also understand that they didn't want a fuss and say goodbye in private. Think that was a good choice.
cordtx

Warned
Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: August 12, 2016, 06:25:21 PM »

For G:

https://spidercatweb.word...8/10/duke-of-westminster/

« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 07:25:28 PM by cordtx » Logged

There's a feeling I get when I look to the West....and my Spirit is crying for leaving
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #64 on: August 12, 2016, 07:05:08 PM »

Ngl, I think it reflects very poorly on the board to write that out directly, when the man just died He hasn't been the topic of discussions here and just died. Can you post a link instead cordtx?
cordtx

Warned
Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: August 12, 2016, 07:22:10 PM »

Oh, sure, sorry!

Fixed it

There's a feeling I get when I look to the West....and my Spirit is crying for leaving
getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: August 13, 2016, 04:23:36 AM »

thx Ctx  Hug Star

the lives the rich and the mighty live  Blink Blink

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
DebbieB

Humongous Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Debbers and Bruners. (Thanks Pomme)

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: August 13, 2016, 02:19:00 PM »

Luckily , this didn't happen to the dozy duo  Angel

http://www.dailymail.co.u...ner-Duke-Westminster.html

"The great thing about Diana, is she always looked her best— you never saw her slumped in the backseat of a car with legs akimbo." Tina Brown
smf3000

Small Member

Botswana Botswana

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: August 13, 2016, 04:51:25 PM »

Yes, thank you for posting this link Cordtx Thumb up

He has passed and may he rest in peace.

But he was no saint.

And I find his actions disgusting  Dead
valentine14

Baby Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: August 14, 2016, 09:51:29 AM »

I really can't tell you how abhorrent I've found the trash reporting about Hugh Grosvenor this week. He has a day job, seems discreet, has never let himself down.

When you lose a beloved father early, your world collapses. This week the coverage has been skewed to the eligibility of Hugh, whom he might date, how does he "compare" to other heirs as a target. His father (may he RIP) is barely cold in the ground.

I miss a world in which mourning and bereavement were respected.
Olya

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: August 14, 2016, 04:33:33 PM »

I really can't tell you how abhorrent I've found the trash reporting about Hugh Grosvenor this week. He has a day job, seems discreet, has never let himself down.

When you lose a beloved father early, your world collapses. This week the coverage has been skewed to the eligibility of Hugh, whom he might date, how does he "compare" to other heirs as a target. His father (may he RIP) is barely cold in the ground.

So so right. They do everything to avoid the press but the press goes totally bananas and report every trivial thing. Decency has long been lost. I suposed and hope for all of them that it's going to die down soon.
Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: August 14, 2016, 04:59:06 PM »

Was he a close friend of King JC? Just wondering.  Angel
cordtx

Warned
Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: August 14, 2016, 06:34:09 PM »

There are pics of Hugh out partying after his father died if the dates are correct.
But, I do feel sorry him as well.

Olya

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: August 14, 2016, 06:38:11 PM »

There are pics of Hugh out partying after his father died if the dates are correct.
But, I do feel sorry him as well.

Where? Do you mean those published by the DM? I think those are from his uni years
smf3000

Small Member

Botswana Botswana

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: August 14, 2016, 06:52:44 PM »

So so right. They do everything to avoid the press Decency has long been lost.

Well, yes and no IMO. Becoming the Godfather to Prince George THE Prince George, heir to the heir to the heir of the British throne, future King WILL put you into the spotlight. This was a choice. I don't think Hugh should have said no and refused, but saying yes does put one into the spotlight.

Also, I think that the ACTUAL mourning has been respected  Secret

No shots of mourners. No photos of the coffin. No paparazzi shots in Hugh's face, outside his home, at his place of business etc.

Yes, public discourse has taken place, bringing up disgusting bits, as well as more admirable aspects, of the Duke's behavior.

IMO gossip is just that. He's now one of the richest individuals on the planet, with all the concomitant power. Observing and discussing how they use or misuse that power is both necessary and important.

You own half of Mayfair. Your actions determine people's livelihoods. You're going to be watched and discussed.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: