Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prinsjesdag 2016  (Read 5243 times)
QueenEM

Large Member

Argentina Argentina

I'm SWexxy and I know it

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2016, 02:17:44 PM »

What the heck is Max wearing? And Laurentien (she is wearing some sort of a bra  Jumping) looks like a member of the Adams family. Maybe they should colour-coordinate like the SRF?

See the links to ModekoningMaxima earlier in the topic Smiley

Google translate is off.. If I'm not mistaken by the link, the dress is not new? Does she has something like it? It looked familiar to me.

And Laurentien... well, she is always interesting 
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2016, 02:24:32 PM »

What the heck is Max wearing? And Laurentien (she is wearing some sort of a bra  Jumping) looks like a member of the Adams family. Maybe they should colour-coordinate like the SRF?

See the links to ModekoningMaxima earlier in the topic Smiley

Google translate is off.. If I'm not mistaken by the link, the dress is not new? Does she has something like it? It looked familiar to me.

And Laurentien... well, she is always interesting  

I have modified my previous post, the one you are referring to, and added a kind of summary in English.

The shape of the dress looks familiar, she has dresses with a similar shape. Also the blue of the top reminds of the inauguration in 2013. When Max and her 3 daughters were all in blue.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 02:31:08 PM by Principessa » Logged
Nuno

Gigantic Member

Portugal Portugal

TM The King and Queen of Spain

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2016, 02:27:23 PM »

Maxima looks amazing  I really like this event and Max always (or almost always) dresses impeccably and all the jewelry is to die for  Yikes

"You can call me Happiness...yes Queen Happiness. It sounds great!" - Queen Letizia, Red Cross 150th Anniversary Wink

"Hey Cristina, I'm the Queen now :D"
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2016, 02:28:19 PM »

Maxima looks amazing   I really like this event and Max always (or almost always) dresses impeccably and all the jewelry is to die for  Yikes

Both the jewels in the royal vault as in Max (and the other ladies) personal jewelry box are magnificent.

Laurentien:
- dragon fly brooch (royal vault):

- Cartier chandelier earrings (borrowed from Maxima)

Maxima:
- sapphires bow brooch of Queen Wilhelmina (royal vault)

- sapphire earrings (royal vault).
When Queen Wilhelmina died it was decided that the parure which she had received at her wedding was divided among her four granddaughters (Beatrix, Irene, Margriet and Christina).
In 1960 these earrings, partly from this parure, were designed and made for Beatrix by jeweler Bodes and Bode. Since then they have been worn in 2 variations: with a large diamond or with sapphires.

« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 02:45:24 PM by Principessa » Logged
Nuno

Gigantic Member

Portugal Portugal

TM The King and Queen of Spain

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2016, 02:33:27 PM »

Maxima looks amazing  I really like this event and Max always (or almost always) dresses impeccably and all the jewelry is to die for  Yikes

Both the jewels in the royal vault as in Max (and the other ladies) personal jewelry box are magnificent.
I know  Thumb up She even changed her "normal" ( ) Cartier watch for a smaller and more elegant one 

"You can call me Happiness...yes Queen Happiness. It sounds great!" - Queen Letizia, Red Cross 150th Anniversary Wink

"Hey Cristina, I'm the Queen now :D"
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2016, 03:12:31 PM »

Beatrix:

bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2016, 03:48:20 PM »

Great to see Oma Trixie looking so good. It looks as if she's finally shaken off that pall of sadness from the death of Prince Friso.

That intense cobalt blue is, in my opinion, Max's go-to color. And that brooch. Holy cow! Not a fan of the hat, but apparently long dresses with hats are the protocol for this event.

WA looks hale and hearty.  And I am assuming that they will not be going to NYC for the UN event, given the festivities today in the Netherlands.
debbydeb

Gigantic Member

Indonesia Indonesia

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2016, 03:52:33 PM »

Oh Omaaaaaa. I so miss her.
Still can't get used to Princess title of Beatrix.

Queensessan!

Laurentien's dress reminds me of something Soph Wessex would wear.

Btw, the chair's proportion made it look like WAX had gone to a Giant's palace and sat on the giant's throne :D

Thank you all for the pictures!! Star Star
Harley
Board Helper
Ginormous Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2016, 03:57:32 PM »

She'll always be Queen Bea to me 

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2016, 04:15:44 PM »

Great to see Oma Trixie looking so good. It looks as if she's finally shaken off that pall of sadness from the death of Prince Friso.

That intense cobalt blue is, in my opinion, Max's go-to color. And that brooch. Holy cow! Not a fan of the hat, but apparently long dresses with hats are the protocol for this event.

WA looks hale and hearty.  And I am assuming that they will not be going to NYC for the UN event, given the festivities today in the Netherlands.

Prinsjesdag can be considered a Dutch kind of Ascot with regard to the hats. Apparently in the past the female politicians and other female guests (besides the royals) didn't wear hats or almost no hats. In 1977 former Olympic swimmer, Erica Terpstra, was invited to Prinsjesdag. As at time she was a new member of parlement for the Dutch political party VVD. That Prinsjesdag there were only 3 women to wear a hat, Terpstra, the Queen (Juliana) and a female member of the corps diplomats. Terpstra who was used to wear hats at official events, partially because of her student time in Leiden, found it sad that no other women wore hats. This was taken by heart by other ladies, and over the years the amount of females wearing hats at Prinsjesdag increased. Also the hats became more and more exuberant, and more often used to make a statement.

Terpstra in 1977:

Some weird hats over the years, most female, but occasionally a male   :

Elissa

Ginormous Member

France France

Aquamarine for March

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2016, 04:21:54 PM »

Thank you for the pictures Principessa !

Those hats could give Ascot's a run for its money  Shocked Yikes
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2016, 04:37:22 PM »

Oh Omaaaaaa. I so miss her.
Still can't get used to Princess title of Beatrix.

Queensessan!

Laurentien's dress reminds me of something Soph Wessex would wear.

Btw, the chair's proportion made it look like WAX had gone to a Giant's palace and sat on the giant's throne :D

Thank you all for the pictures!! Star Star

When looking at the news about Prinsjesdag, I remembered the first time I saw the Ridderzaal from the inside (several years ago). It looked much and much smaller than I imagined based on the news reports from Prinsjesdag before. IMO it has to be a hard task for the planners etc, to fit in every one.

The throne of the head of state is made by architect P.J.H. Cuypers and dating from 1904. There are 3 small seats ("beside thrones") for the spouse of the head of state and their adult successors. Until 1964 these were the princesses Beatrix and Irene, and then Beatrix and Margriet. As in 1964 Irene married prince Carlos Hugo de Bourbon Parma and did not receive approval for it from the Dutch Parlement (and therefore was not in the line of succession anymore). While that same year Margriet became 21 years old. In 1968, a fourth "beside throne" was made for princess Christina. So one of the "beside thrones" was 'fake', which one has been kept a secret. Since 2013 one of the "beside thrones" is back in the hall for Queen Maxima. The other seats are not used (yet) and stored in the Grafelijke Zalen (Count Halls).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ridderzaal
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2016, 04:43:26 PM »

What the heck is Max wearing? And Laurentien (she is wearing some sort of a bra  Jumping) looks like a member of the Adams family. Maybe they should colour-coordinate like the SRF?

Laurentien's outfit is apparently based on a hauberk, which was worn by knights

Makes sense.  Knights typically aren't known for wearing bras, so I'd say she nailed the look. 

I love Max's skirt and hat, but the top is wrong.  It doesn't work with this outfit, especially with that order sash. 

All hail the future King Nobstante!!
Knight Grand Cross in the Order of the Whorish Spanx
https://31.media.tumblr.c...ine_mzekcuA9Ln1snsa9a.jpg
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2016, 04:44:53 PM »

Laurentien's outfit is apparently based on a hauberk, which was worn by knights

Makes sense. Knights typically aren't known for wearing bras, so I'd say she nailed the look. 

I love Max's skirt and hat, but the top is wrong.  It doesn't work with this outfit, especially with that order sash. 

Laughing
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2016, 06:07:30 PM »

I don't really care what they wear, I just want the brooch  Drool

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: