Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 240 241 [242]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Meghan Markle (Harry's gf)  (Read 213322 times)
Robyn

Micro Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #3615 on: December 06, 2016, 08:04:26 PM »

So should we take a vote? Smiley

He went to Toronto or didn't?

I vote didn't. What do others think?

Me too. I vote didn't. DM rubbish, if you ask me.

I vote didn't with the twist thrown in that she might be in London. Toronto is a smoke screen. Especially the toilet paper.  

The things that this relationship is associated with are so romantic. I can already imagine the Hallmark movie about their love story. Spooning bananas, tea in an elephant-shaped teapot and toilet paper... 

Star   Laughing   Laughing 

And if they ever get married, that's what we can all get them as gifts.  Whistle
Aspidistra

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #3616 on: December 06, 2016, 08:07:03 PM »

I vote didn't with the twist thrown in that she might be in London. Toronto is a smoke screen. Especially the toilet paper.  

The things that this relationship is associated with are so romantic. I can already imagine the Hallmark movie about their love story. Spooning bananas, tea in an elephant-shaped teapot and toilet paper... 

And if they ever get married, that's what we can all get them as gifts.  Whistle

Laughing

This is why I love this forum.  Champagne
little stinkers

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #3617 on: December 06, 2016, 08:10:11 PM »

I know this goes against what was obviously a phoned in pap shoot but I kinda think the toilet paper pic may have been candid.
Because I'm sure she didn't want that papped with the toilet paper so prominent and then we see little miss smiles skipping down the road with a huge smile and flowers and The Bracelet..total phone in.
I can't think of a reason that she wouldn't go to London.
I'm sure she is having tea with the Queen as I type this Whistle

little stinkers

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #3618 on: December 06, 2016, 08:15:27 PM »

Laughing

This is why I love this forum.  Champagne

Here's to a long and fruitful marriage Champagne

Aspidistra

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #3619 on: December 06, 2016, 08:21:28 PM »

Ah I didn't know about the government policy on personal and work travel. Well if he is there or was ( I imagine he is on his way back now since he has to be back for the engagement tomorrow) this was a misstep IMO.

But how is this different than the times he stayed behind to do other things I.e in Nepal when he stayed an extra week to help out with rebuilding? I am asking from a technical stand point not moral. Wasn't the staying behind in Nepal technically personal time too?
Excellent question. I think he was working with an organization when he stayed behind - while it could be considered personal time - it certainly wasn't private time.

The Nepal trip was probably classified as an official add-on on to the trip. It was a charity thing wasn't it?

This isn't a huge deal. They probably have a system where an accountant adds everything up at the end of the year, they all sign checks and "I'm sorry" letters, and then promptly forget about it.

But it's the kind of small issue that the public really resents, because if a regular person does this, he gets sacked. It could be argued that Hillary Clinton lost her presidency parroyo because of this kind of issue.

So it looks bad.

I'd love to see the trip debunked. Has there been an official confirmation? I thought there was one, but I may be wrong.

Meghan meeting him in London makes a lot more sense.
DebbieB

Humongous Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Debbers and Bruners. (Thanks Pomme)

Ignore
« Reply #3620 on: December 06, 2016, 08:24:07 PM »

Time and time again, Andrew's write pure fiction so I am taking this with a huge mountain of salt.

BUT, if he did fly to Toronto, who cares??? I fail to see how this is a big deal since he just finished a successful tour and has an engagement tomorrow still. If he wants to take a detour to see Meghan, why are people so appalled? Maybe the detour is because he missed her or maybe it's because he is going to dump her in person or maybe he just had a hankering for Toronto. Idk but as long as he is chipper tomorrow at his event, it's not a big deal imo.

And Palmer whining about the Palace misleading them is ridiculous. Why should Harry have to tell him he is going on a private trip to see his girlfriend? That is a sure fire way to tip off a media frenzy in Toronto.

Actually, Wisdomheaven, I would be appalled if I, as a UK taxpayer who funded this tour, funded this little 'detour' too. I certainly paid for his RPO's. That's why I have the right to be appalled at the deceit once again metered out by KP (if this news is true, of course).

Edited to add; I have been reading through the thread after my posting this reply to Wisdomheaven. Good to see that the telegraph (royal apologisers) has posted their view after my outburst first thing this morning.... about five pages ago. :-)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 08:47:40 PM by DebbieB » Logged

"The great thing about Diana, is she always looked her best— you never saw her slumped in the backseat of a car with legs akimbo." Tina Brown
Georgie

Mini Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #3621 on: December 06, 2016, 08:33:33 PM »

I know this goes against what was obviously a phoned in pap shoot but I kinda think the toilet paper pic may have been candid.
Because I'm sure she didn't want that papped with the toilet paper so prominent and then we see little miss smiles skipping down the road with a huge smile and flowers and The Bracelet..total phone in.
I can't think of a reason that she wouldn't go to London.
I'm sure she is having tea with the Queen as I type this Whistle

I vote didn't as well, but tbh I can't help but think that even if we do get pics it'll be for pr reasons...
LadyCate

Warned
Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #3622 on: December 06, 2016, 08:51:18 PM »

he is an idiot - this was irresponsible.  He deserves all and any flack he gets over this plus more.

He just did a taxpayer funded tour representing the Queen - a very successful tour IMHO - and then he acts like a lust struck 16 year old and takes 15 hours of flying about - after making all his "climate change we need to change the way we live" statements.  Hypocrite.

And of course - all the security costs too. 

lies to the press corps from BP mind you

and then someone leaks this very poorly thought out booty call to the press - I rather doubt Harry wanted this to get out.  Way to go Meaghan!

Stupid boy - out of control.

freethespoon

Most Exalted Member

BooHoo Sugars

Ignore
« Reply #3623 on: December 06, 2016, 08:55:19 PM »

Everything he does cost the taxpayer's money via those RPOs.  But what do they say? You're inclined to be careful with your own money but couldn't care less when it's someone elses.

As the KP statement showed us, tin ears are inherited in the BRF.  The peasants will do as they are told. Or else, mummy.

Ain't nobody got time for Mary's sh*t.
AddiesGirl

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #3624 on: December 06, 2016, 08:58:03 PM »

OK, I can't resist any longer, darn this thread!

I keep picturing this little scene from the movie My Cousin Vinnie when I think of Marbles and her desperation:

?What is the victory of a cat on a hot tin roof??I wish I knew... Just staying on it, I guess, as long as she can...?
― Tennessee Williams, Cat on a Hot Tin Roof
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #3625 on: December 06, 2016, 08:58:30 PM »

Tbh I have lost track of this thread. We've got 190 (!) pages on Meghan already and they've been dating for what? two, three months? We'd like it if maybe you could all stick to the topic. News and photos of Meghan. There can (and are) lots of spin off topics obviously, but this board is for discussing royalty. We're not interested in hosting or moderating any discussions of politics, race and so on. My guess is that oftentimes there will be little to discuss.. which I am sure you can all deal with after this instense introduction Wink

Soo. 36 more pages of.. more or less nothing. Seriously, if this thread doesn't get more serious and ON TOPIC: NEWS AND PHOTOS of Meghan - NOT SPECULATION! - we will make Meghan O/T and close the thread. Honestly, it's ridiculous how this thread reads now. Y'all feel the same, nothing new happens so it's nothing more than bickering back and forth about how much you dislike her. It reflects extremely poorly on the board. Stick to writing about her, when something actually happens and it will be fine.

So.. 16 more pages in just two days, with little other than speculations and, quite frankly, dishing on Meghan that makes the board look like a fan club for Kate. This has gotten out of hand (I seem to have to clarify this very, very clearly as you all don't seem to care one bit about the guidelines laid out for the thread). So: Meghan is now O/T and the thread is closed.
Pages: 1 ... 240 241 [242]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: