Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The RD birthday and reminiscence thread  (Read 2946 times)
lellobeetle

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2016, 01:26:33 AM »

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2016, 01:52:29 AM »

I joined November 19, 2009 - 7 years ago.....What in the world. Unbeliebable how time got away from me.

I hadn't joined a forum before, never mind a royal one. I was researching some royal history when I came upon RD. I spend a whole evening reading through different threads and laughed throughout the entire time. I knew about Maxima and Mary from German gossip front pages I glanced at in supermarkets, or kiosks, but never got into following them. Until I got hooked on Royal Dish.

People here were/are very witty, very welcoming, and to my delight very snarky and sarcastic. I learned that our posters are immensly intelligent, mutilingual and full of humour. Instances and posts made me LOL to the point where either my familiy and also people at work (yeah...I log in at work  Spiteful ) wondered what the hell happend.

I really cannot pinpoint a dishworthy moment, because the most dishiest times for me don't depend on royal events, but on the time I spend with you Dishers here.

There are many old dishers that I miss to chat with, and we've welcomed new funny posters that make it easy to snark on certain subjects. All in all it's one of my favourite past times to dish with you guys here   So, thanks! gamer

smf3000

Small Member

Botswana Botswana

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2016, 02:05:57 AM »

I started lurking after Victoria and Daniel's wedding. It was such a love and tiara fest I was like....MOAR ROYAL! And I found my way to the RD snark and haven't looked back since. I've been here 6 years (!?) and still feel like a newbie  Blush

Once RD was down for like a week. Remember? So we migrated to the RD on blogspot and kept on dishing. Everyone kept their username so it was really fun to play spot the poster.

At differing times different threads have had to be shuttered and reformed. The ENTIRE BRF section was once shut down. No Queen-dishing, No William-snarking. Nothing.

The Monaco thread turned into a tussle, so you had to have a certain amount of posts before you could comment.

The Middletons were moved to OT. Gather 'round children and I'll tell you about the olden days when iPads were made of wood, plane rides cost a shilling and people thought Pippa and her posterior were interesting Spiteful  

Thus sayeth the Moderators:

Thy Number one rule of the Dish is: don't talk about Royal dish dish on other posters.

From this was promised, let the comments flow like wine, without fear, down a mountain of golden 'Not-Queen Mary' quips.  Angel Amen.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2016, 02:37:37 AM »

great to see you again smf3000  Star

temi

Huge Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2016, 02:37:45 AM »

I made a cake:

Happy Birthday RD and thank you Maria and Thomas for building such a wonderful community!
AddiesGirl

Medium Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2016, 02:52:34 AM »

mmmm, beefcake, my favorite! Blush
Temi, you got the cake, let me get the presents (from the thread who must not be named) Banana

?What is the victory of a cat on a hot tin roof??I wish I knew... Just staying on it, I guess, as long as she can...?
― Tennessee Williams, Cat on a Hot Tin Roof
smf3000

Small Member

Botswana Botswana

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2016, 03:37:22 AM »

great to see you again smf3000  Star

PeDe  Hug  Star

AddiesGirl, that SNL skit neva gets old  Jumping
JessDawn

Small Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2016, 04:14:46 AM »

Congratulations, M&T, you deserve it.

I wouldn't know how to entertain myself if you Dishers weren't here. We certainly share the same opinions in royals, and it's one of the things I love about you guys. But there is something special about each and only one of you that make this place a paradise. How you share your views is what makes the discussion going on. This forum has come to it's glory, but it was all because of you. Be proud of it.

Don't forget about it, we're a family.    Beer

MAY ROYAL DISH BE BLESSED WITH MORE YEARS OF DISHING!  Hug

Athena

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2016, 04:49:01 AM »

Congratulations, felicitations - and thanks: I always appreciate fresh perspectives, and especially the witty, not to say saucy, observations!
Best wishes.
Arturo94

Big Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2016, 06:28:17 AM »

Happy Birthday RD and Congratulations to Maria and Thoms for the amazing job  Beer Champagne

loubna

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2016, 07:13:35 AM »

happy birthday RD  Jumping and many thanks Maria & Thomas for your wonderful job  Thumb up Champagne
DebbieB

Humongous Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Debbers and Bruners. (Thanks Pomme)

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2016, 07:14:57 AM »

Happy birthday RD. I want to add my congratulations and warmest thanks to Maria and Thomas. I joined in 2012 after comments in the DM after the Wimbledon beatch fest by waity and orangina led me to this forum. This was also my first ever venture into the world of forums and my eyes were opened. So many posters shared my thoughts on choppers and chutters! I have made some great friends from here over the years and hope to add to my list. Love to all of you.  Banana  Banana  Banana

Love those bubbles.

"The great thing about Diana, is she always looked her best— you never saw her slumped in the backseat of a car with legs akimbo." Tina Brown
Hester
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Sudan Sudan

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2016, 07:31:23 AM »

Hey, this is a birthday and reminiscence thread, can we have some war stories from the old timers? As a newbie I sometimes wonder what it must have been like in the wild, wild west of RD history

There were some crazy folk on Royal Blue! We had a pair of kindergarten teacher twins in Canada, who moderated with extreme fury, as did Toni, and Lady L.

We had Linda H, responsible for our obsession with Happy Clappy Banana Thinggies  Banana Banana

There was a bizarre Norwegian member who invented an entire life including several sets of stillborn twins - after much sympathy from the board, none of which turned out to be true.

Here on RD we had the genius of Cece, and of Patricia B whose wicked gifs etc are still sadly missed.

And who could overlook all the sleuthing? Who would have thought that a Crown Princess would have invited a convicted child rapist relative to her wedding? John Cockburn - yep! Her cousin by marriage.

And the endless Amber sagas: bitchslapped in a pub - ran away with a bikie when his baby was a few weeks old - was photographed with her arms around Rodney Monk who was shot dead over a drug deal a few months later. Amber was the gift that kept on giving.

The photo sleuthing has been incredible. All those members with photographic memories for fashion, and can spot and remember when Mary has recycled an outfit. Speaking of outfits: the revelations that Mary sells her old clothes through Haberdash - gold!

My favourite photos: Max's disbelief when Mary overcame Fred at the gala table and planted a kiss on his mouth, at which he went "whaaaaa"? to Max straight after; the presque-zizi through the red silk ballgown; Madame with her hand over Christian's mouth at Hobart airport; the endless bunion candids; wearing f***-me shoes for Mr B's benefit in a refugee camp among modestly dressed women; stroking her neck when gazing at Mr B; stroking her stomach when gazing at Mr B .... Mary's fake cutesie-poo waves at the opera ...

And Cece's photo of "Crown Princess Katya"!

It has been great being among the Bannedshees for all this time!  We've warded off concerted Sugar attacks many times.

Highlight expressions that entered our lexicon:

"Presque-zizi" - from Cece!

"The Dumbling" Frederick

the "Freckled Gargoyles" - Mary's nieces and nephews

And Mary's dad's moniker:  Papa "Half-Mast" Sluurrrpson - based on his undone fly at some do or other, and his habit of turning up uninvited to events (such as a society funeral) and being carefully shepherded away from Margarethe by her friends, and being spotted carrying a carton of Henrik's wines to load into his car at Cayx ....

Here's to a fantastic 10 years with some sorrow and some losses.

I may post more as things come to mind!

Love Youse All!
Hester Hoganson
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 07:44:25 AM by Hester » Logged
Hester
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Sudan Sudan

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2016, 07:43:12 AM »

If anyone hasn't seen it yet, Cece's blog is a hoot, especially the old archived posts from 06/07.

http://cpmary.blogspot.co...u/2006_11_01_archive.html
Hester
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Sudan Sudan

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2016, 07:58:31 AM »

The strangest thing to happen on RD was a member called C****** and also calling herself  L****** who tugged on people's heart strings with sad stories about her ill twins. She tied herself up in knots though with contradicting stories on different boards. I got tired of her manipulating people who had real grief around lost babies, and uncovered her using another member name on one of the sugar boards where she was posting similar "twin grief" stories, so I messaged her and got a reply! She had pretended to post on the board via her "boyfriend" "Noah" that she was gravely ill:

Quote:
(from me under a pseudonym)
Hi L******,

Is C*****a OK? You posted a while ago her story, and Noah posted on RB to say she's unconscious in hospital and gravely ill. She also posted that you had had twins on 1 September.
People are VERY worried about her, of course. Can you let us know how your best friend is, and when she'll be back on board?

Thank you so much, and sorry to barge in like this, there was no other way to find out.

You're in Bergen too, so hopefully you'll be visiting her in hospital and can update us straight away. Email me at xxxxxxxx....

Have a terrific day with your bubs, that's such an amazing synchronicity between the two of you (shared birthday as well!) , and the four babies will be a riot together!!! Smiley

xxxxx

(Reply from C*****/L*******)
Hi!

Mary Cecilia died yesterday.. Yes we had an amazing synchronicity we had birthday on the same day. And Noah is the brother of my boyfriend Thomas Daniel.

My little "bubs" love their cousins Grace and Julian.

I will try to have a nice day. Have a nice day you to..

Love, Grace Mariella
(?Yet another name!)
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: