Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The RD birthday and reminiscence thread  (Read 3011 times)
AddiesGirl

Medium Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2016, 09:19:54 AM »

Oh Hester, I love what you've written and dug up! See, I never would have known where the dancing banana came from if it wasn't for you LOL Beer
Thanks for the giggles, hope we hear more stories like these, I think they're a hoot! Star

?What is the victory of a cat on a hot tin roof??I wish I knew... Just staying on it, I guess, as long as she can...?
― Tennessee Williams, Cat on a Hot Tin Roof
Hester
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Sudan Sudan

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2016, 09:59:51 AM »

Ha ha ha ha and who could forget Pixie's photos of Mary on the waterfront trailing after Fred when he still used to go yachting. And when Fred lost his wedding ring in Florida on another yachting trip - which led to the wonderful double entendre of deep "C" diving!
Clara
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2016, 11:14:51 AM »

10 years!!! Happy Birthday RD, and Thank You Maria and Thomas, for keeping us in style  Grin and specially Maria for putting up with us, our petty fights and our childish whining! Marys' best moments make it all worth it  Grin

I joined after Victoria's wedding, and, iirc, PeDe was the first person to welcome me  
It was the first board I ever joined and after lurking in sugarland during Vic's wedding, when I felt like my sight was failing me (I thought Mary was a camera-whore and a nasty person laughing at Carinna while everyone wrote she was a perfect princess who should be cloned and sent to each royal court) and realised I had found my people. Sadly Mary has quieted down, she's not as obviously and publicly desperate as she used to be, but there are still good moments in the future, I have no doubts. Shout out to Baroness Lee, who's maybe reading this (or posting under her 35th fake identity). There was a time when trying to find her new username first was a fun game in the board  
Hugs to all the wonderful posters I've met through the years, some of them no longer post  Cry, some of them post little now Sad, but some still do  Champagne Icecream

PS- I   the bubbles!
PPS- I just remembered our war stories about the number of people who ignored us!! I know that my number rose up quickly just before we lost our ability to see how many people ignored us! I'd love to know my number after so many years and posts!
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 11:40:16 AM by Clara » Logged

ronda

Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2016, 11:37:27 AM »

Happy 10th Birthday RD  Champagne Thumb up

I love RD and all the many wonderful posters past and present who have made it the most entertaining,
  witty, and a great community to be a part of. I also received that "invite' back in 2006. Thank you Maria
  and Thomas for saving us all once RB crashed and closed. We have made friendships and I can remember
  emails flying back and forth when RB went down and members checking up on each other. I think
  we were in shock but Maria and Thomas steered us all to RD and Wow, has it flourished.
  Fantastic members and friendships here.
  Some years back I went through a difficult time with my health and alot of my "friends'
  here helped me through it with their love, understanding, and encouragement. I will forever be grateful.

Love you all and here's to many more years dishing. Banana Banana Banana

Smiley...Knowledge is Power...Smiley
Suzy

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2016, 01:51:35 PM »

I came on board after the snoozefest of W&K's wedding. While all the tv commenters and the sugars were gushing about the beautiful young bride and her dashing groom who looked like his mother, how much they loved each other and how much the families liked each other all I saw was the most unromatic royal wedding ever, boring dress, boring people, smug in-laws and an awkward and arrogant couple who appeared much older than they were and not in love at all. Not even the wonderful Westminster Abbey and the choir could make this wedding great. RD was my sane haven in the sugary sea of comments where the lazy toad was still the lazy toad and Cindrella was nothing more than a girl pushed by the family to get into the right circles to meet the right person and turn herself into the woman the lazy toad wanted to marry.

Since then there have been great RD times as well as a few bad times. I've seen that very often it doesn't make a difference where you're from while on some occasions discussions show a very big gap between countries and languages/words used.

I'm grateful for the reputation button as well as the ignore button (although I sometimes have wished for a button to not only add reputation but to reduce it as well  Wink). The banter, the witty comments and the photoshop experts made me laugh countless times in the last 5 years. I've learned many new words (some of them I even use now in real life), some of the nicknames dishers come up with are just hilarious and every time I see a pic of Kate's hair on RD I assume someone has made her hair much bigger until I realize it is the original picture.

Happy Birthday RD and Maria and Thomas. Champagne

Witchell: Clearly a greater share of royal burden will fall on you and as that happens you will grasp it willingly?
Will: Absolutely willingly. And as that time comes I'll be the first person to put my hand up and take it on. But [] my grandfather is so active [] and unwilling to slow down.
Roll Eyes
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2016, 04:14:56 PM »

Ten years!! Congrats Maria and Thomas, and everyone that makes this an awesome and free place to discuss royals.

I'm a royal watcher for many year now, but around the time RD was created, I decided I needed a break and left the online forums. I stayed in a few forums on Facebook, as I am a FB addict. And 2/3 years ago started to be around forums, but only as a lurker. Last year, while reading a Mosh thread, I couldn't stop laughing with a post by pixiecat and I decided to be active again and joined. The funny, honest and witty way we discuss things made me return to the Royal world.

Thank you all for being an oasis in the middle of the Sugardom that floats online.  Star Star

P.S - Loved the bubbles 

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2016, 04:19:32 PM »

I am another one of the very old posters and have joined here once RD opened it's welcome doors.

And Hester, that C****was a laugh riot wasn't it? I remember thinking it was like those gothic novels, expected to hear that while she was but a wee babe, her mother had been hacked to death by pigeons. Hilarious.
The clapping bananas, you needed a very healthy dose of good humor to endure those 500+ bananas

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
zinzen

Gigantic Member

Belgium Belgium

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2016, 04:53:17 PM »

Dear RD friends I wish you a very happy Birthday  Champagne Champagne Champagne Champagne and  Star Star for Maria ans Thomas

In reality, hope is the worst of all evils, it prolongs the torments of man. F.Nietzche
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2016, 05:34:00 PM »

Kaiserin

Large Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2016, 05:40:03 PM »

10 years is a real achievement for a discussion board, congrats to all of you who were foundation members and are still posting!

To reach 10 years, one needs a real good mod & helpers team, so thanks to all of you who engage themselves in moderation, especially Maria!

Plus: thanks for the technical support, which I believe is mostly given by Thomas.

And last but not least, a discussion board "lives" from the broad variety of its posters. I do specifically enjoy to read opinions from all over the world, which makes "our" board really unique.

So here's to the next 10  Champagne, Ladies and Gentlemen! Stay as witty as you all are, I love it!

freethespoon

Most Exalted Member

BooHoo Sugars

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2016, 05:46:00 PM »

The board that gave me Nobstante, Spanish Enthusiasts, and Presque-zizi.... long may RD reign.  Unlike the royals, it has EARNED its position.

Ain't nobody got time for Mary's sh*t.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2016, 06:07:50 PM »

Dear RD friends I wish you a very happy Birthday  Champagne Champagne Champagne Champagne and  Star Star for Maria ans Thomas

Hey zinny  Supercontent Jumping Supercontent so good to see you  Hug Star

Tulip of Nonsense

Medium Member

Monaco Monaco

Je chante donc je suis...

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: January 01, 2017, 03:34:35 PM »

Happy New Year everyone!  Champagne Peace, good health and prosperity to all people. Hug Ianuarius - the time for beginnings, endings and transitions into new advancements let's hope!  Smiley

And lots of thanks to the Dishers  Star who keep twitting the royals, holidays or not... gamer

"I was given a degree by a college of unbeautiful nonsense... And I have kissed a prince in a land where men grind their wheat in the sky..."
Melville Davisson Post
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: