Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2017 Carl Philip - NEWS & EVENTS  (Read 13526 times)
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« on: January 05, 2017, 07:23:27 PM »

January 5
Carl Philip's fine words about Prince Bertil
Carl Philip and Prince Bertil were incredibly close. Now the prince celebrates his godfather and great uncle.

In all the years Prince Carl Philip and Prince Bertil were very close. Not only was Bertil Carl Philip's godfather, they also shared the interest in motorsport and when Prince Bertil died he bequeathed Villa Solbacken to Prince Carl Philip.

Now, after Lilian's death, the beautiful villa on the island of Djurgarden was renovated. Prince Carl Philip, Princess Sophia and little Alexander will move in there in Spring 2017.

Carl Philip has often talked about Bertil, and how much he, as godfather, meant. Among other things, he gave a speech to Bertil, four years ago.

"Prince Bertil's efforts were important for Sweden. He went to many countries and led delegations around the world. One of his most interesting assignments was as a naval attache in London during World War II. It was also then that he met his great love, Lilian Craig.

Moreover, Prince Bertil's involvement in the sports is well known. He was chairman of SOK, the Swedish Olympic Committee, in 50 years, almost as long as he was also chairman of the Swedish Sports Confederation.

Both Prince Bertil and I went to Lundsberg, and it was at Lundsberg as his great interest in sports deepened. I have seen many photo evidence and heard him talk about. For example, he was a very good skate runner and held the school record for many years, and other records at the district level.

Prince Bertil large engine interest is also familiar and something that we both share. He raced happily with his beloved Bugatti in France under the fictitious name of Monsieur Adrian.

Prince Bertil introduced me to the motor world early, something we can see on one of the photos in this exhibition. The photo shows when a police officer demonstrates his motorcycle for both of us, and I remember that it was difficult to say which of us was most interested.

For me it meant Prince Bertil enormously, not just because he was my godfather, but also for what he accomplished for Sweden and for what he did to my dad. I have many good memories of Prince Bertil. He was a warm happy and respectful person and I often think of him. "

so Spring, huh. Let's see what it'll look like.

Arturo94

Big Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2017, 04:58:54 PM »

Some days ago, the guy in the photo posted this selfie with CP in Stockholm

Arturo94

Big Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2017, 12:53:14 PM »

Today CP attends Chef of the Year as part of the Honorary Jury, he is even the Patron of the event.

[live] https://www.youtube.com/w...SzurfVx&v=B4yHig-BgHo

Instagram videos
 https://www.instagram.com...y/?tagged=prinscarlphilip
https://www.instagram.com...p/?tagged=prinscarlphilip

12.50 The jury arrives
15.40 Pause and the jury chooses the winners
16.30-17.00 Award ceremony. Best Commis appointed with Karin Fransson's Mentor Price 2017. Bronze and silver medalists appointed. Chef of the Year 2017 receives Gastronomic Academy Dairy gold medal by H.K.H. Prince Carl Philip.

« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 02:38:48 PM by Arturo94 » Logged

Arturo94

Big Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2017, 05:39:59 PM »

Other photos

LauraMarie

Small Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2017, 05:58:04 PM »

His hair is still 1000x too greasy, but I find him so much more charming when he does events sans Snake.

I saw he's doing an event with CG for the Canadian State Visit.  Here's hoping Sofia isn't added to that event.
Arturo94

Big Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2017, 06:05:05 PM »

His hair is still 1000x too greasy, but I find him so much more charming when he does events sans Snake.

I saw he's doing an event with CG for the Canadian State Visit.  Here's hoping Sofia isn't added to that event.

I do not think that Sofia will be there. Expressen wrote that CP will take Silvia's place since she cannot attend the 4th day of the visit.  Smiley

Ostermalmstanten

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2017, 02:42:55 AM »

I wonder what it feels like for CP to work on his own again. It's of course a tradition for him to attend this competition and I can imagine that this event is one of the highlights of the year for him, but as his only job the last 1,5 years has been to be Sofia's personal assistant and purse holder, I wonder if he has got "lazy" and find it difficult to be back in his old role. People expect him to say something spontaneously and take own initiatives when she is not around and not only do and say what his wife tells him to say and do.
debbydeb

Gigantic Member

Indonesia Indonesia

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2017, 03:09:15 AM »

In some photos (I know they're not really doing that), some of the chefs look like they're worried he'd be dripping his own oil into the food and ruin the flavor Smiley

Snake grease...

What is lacking in CP is charisma, he's not a small guy, neither is he built like a linebacker, but his lack of charisma just lost him in the sea of white and tall hats. Like "almost-literally" lost in the crowd.
You'd never see people like Wax or Charles like that.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2017, 12:15:33 PM »

CP and his new boyfriend celebrate the victory together  Wink

Arturo94

Big Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2017, 05:15:31 PM »

After the competition, yesterday evening CP was still in Malm? to attend the red carpet with the winner of the year.

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2017, 02:33:55 AM »

After the competition, yesterday evening CP was still in Malm? to attend the red carpet with the winner of the year.

He looks awful.  He looks like a guy who has been on a month-long coke binge and just completed his first weekend in rehab.  Seriously. Thumb down

All hail the future King Nobstante!!
Knight Grand Cross in the Order of the Whorish Spanx
https://31.media.tumblr.c...ine_mzekcuA9Ln1snsa9a.jpg
Antevorta

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2017, 03:17:24 AM »

Good lord, how much grease does CP have in his hair?  It looks like a helmet.  The two holes in his beard look odd and the overall hairiness reminds me of baby bear.  I am thisclose to traveling to Sweden and holding him down just to take a razor to that embarrassment.
cordtx

Warned
Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2017, 04:48:47 AM »

His hair is naturally quite curly and he keeps trying to force it to lay straight with the grease.
But,  I think it looks so much better curly. Maybe it's a Swedish thing though, Daniel greases his as well.

There's a feeling I get when I look to the West....and my Spirit is crying for leaving
just a serf

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2017, 06:14:06 AM »

It's not just a Swedish thing unfortunately.

"I haven't played since I stopped." - Waity Middleton
"You only have it if you've got it." - James, Marquis of Mallow
Arturo94

Big Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2017, 11:41:50 AM »

His hair is naturally quite curly and he keeps trying to force it to lay straight with the grease.
But,  I think it looks so much better curly. Maybe it's a Swedish thing though, Daniel greases his as well.

ITA  Thumb up I really cannot understand why forcing curly hair to lay straight. Yes Daniel also does it but it should be considered that Daniel has not a lot of hair and they are thin and I think naturally straight. CP has more hair, thicker and curly so I think this is why he uses the full amount of hair oil available in Sweden.
Maybe it is strange for me even because in Italy the hair in that way are not exactly a fashion...especially in the upper classes. Maybe it is even the contrary...we are now in the ruffled hair period  And I think that the beard is a worldwide fashion right now.
IMO his problem is not the beard (even if he should lower the cheek line) but the hair. The things are two: or he has to cut back on oil (unlikely) or he has to cut his hair (best) coming back at the lenght he used to have when he was younger. The latter with the beard would be the best IMO.

However CP released an interview during the Chef of the Year.
http://www.expressen.se/n...-och-carl-philip-i-koket/

How equal are Sofia and Carl Philip in the kitchen.

"Chef of the Year" has been criticized for being male dominated.
But Prince Carl Philip, who participated in the work of the jury, tries to share the kitchen servicewith the Princess Sofia.
- Sometimes it's me, sometimes it's Sofia- he says.

Prince Carl Philip attended on Thursday the finals of the "Chef of the Year" as a jury member.
Along with 27 other people, mostly chefs, he sat for almost three hours and assessed the 48 different dishes composed by eight competing chefs.
After jury's deliberations, Prince Carl Philip hung the Gastronomic Academy's dairy medal around the neck of John Backeus from Stockholm who won the award for "Chef of the Year 2017".
- All chefs who competed today have done a fantastic job. You are all characterized by skill, creativity, strong taste and you dare to bring in new influences- said Prince Carl Philip in a speech.

The Prince is patron of the "Chef of the Year" and has participated in the jury's work for several years. -The interest in food has grown gradually- he says in an interview after the ceremony.
- It has grown over the years, one can say. I do not know how it started, but I've always appreciated good food and always has been eating good food. We have had highly skilled chefs at home. But the interest has grown with time.-
Carl Philip puts special emphasis on his studies at the Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences in Alnarp as a key to the great interest in food.
- It is often said from the "farm to table" - and it really is true. I see the whole process and understand how much work there is behind the production of these commodities and how much these guys and girls toil to create that good food, beautiful and with good flavors.-

When Carl Philip is in a restaurant, he tries to be a good consumer and think about sustainability.
- I try, when we buy food or are at a restaurant, to choose the local, the Swedish products. Better than that, you can not do. In the worst case, you have to ask when you are out eating or shopping, "Where does this piece of meat come?".-

"Chef of the Year" has for years been criticized for the fact that only male chefs were finalists. Since the inception of the competition in 1983, only a female chef won the competition.
In the kitchen at the home of Carl Philip and Sofia, to couple tries to think about equality.
- We share the cooking, I would say. We both try to prepare as much as possible. Sometimes it's me, sometimes it's Sofia. But Sofia is very good at finding what we have at home in the fridge and make something good out of it- says Prince Carl Philip.
A little "you take what you have"?
- Yes exactly, but we try to share it.-

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: