Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DRF court drawn into the Tibet inquiry  (Read 2853 times)
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« on: January 06, 2017, 07:59:22 PM »

In June 2012 the Chinese president Hu Jintaos was on an official state visit to Denmark. During the visit a number of protesters were detained or shielded off illegally to prevent them being seen holding and waving the Tibetan flag.

Ever since then questions have been raised just how this could happen, as it hasn't been possible to determine from where the instructions to the police for these actions came from. A commision is in charge to find out. A large number of police officers and civil servents from the ministry of foreign affairs and the PM's office has been questioned, as has directors from the national intelligence and security authority PET and three former ministers. This is far from a "small matter".

So it's a potentially big deal that members of the Danish court are now being asked to sit before the commision and answer questions. It's likely it's the former Lord Chamberlain Ove Ullerup and former Master of Ceremonies Christian Eugen-Olsen who have been asked to answer questions. The former were present at many of the meetings preparing the visit.

With people so close to the Queen being questioned it's not difficult to think that the she or some other royal was involved. That would be straight up illegal as they have no right to interfere in politics or how the police conduct their business.

According to Trine Villeman the court asked that "China was shown repsect" during the visit. I think it's very probable - I also think it's probable no one will wish to say this out loud, which is very disturbing considering law abiding Danish citizens were treated illegally as a result.

http://www.dr.dk/nyheder/...er-trukket-ind-i-tibetsag

An overview of the whole thing:
http://www.dr.dk/nyheder/tema/tibet-sagen
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2017, 08:19:03 PM »

Whoa....this is terrible if it turns out to be true that the court had something to do with stifling free expression. 

We know that Mosh's handlers deliberately got people to show up with Danish flags in Australia when Mosh was visiting.  It's not far-fetched to think that the court made sure that there was nothing negative happening in the view of the Chinese visitors. 

All hail the future King Nobstante!!
Knight Grand Cross in the Order of the Whorish Spanx
https://31.media.tumblr.c...ine_mzekcuA9Ln1snsa9a.jpg
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2017, 08:25:24 PM »

Time after time various members of the DRf have shown their lack of respect for the laws in Denmark so it's not surprising they would make such a request. It's not surprising they would attempt to meddle in politics - quite worryingly Fred shows his total lack of respect for his position when he votes in the IOC against the Danish policy line. Marge has been far too smart for that kind of behaviour but it could of course be that this stems from her, although I think she'd be very clever about hiding it, if it's on her request Nerves So yeah, it's all around quite disturbing. Espcially since I cannot see many politicians actual go hard on the DRF Crap Blink
ralf103

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2017, 08:38:48 PM »

It seems really odd that a foreign Royal Court would want to prevent peaceful protests. A foreign ministry possibly, but why is the royal court worried how the public react to the Chinese VIPs?

Surely, as long as the protests are peaceful there is no issue. Yes the Chinese might be offended, but shouldn't a democracy like Denmark so forward thinking and keen on civil liberties and human rights, only invite foreign guests who will be prepared to abide by their laws and rights during a visit?

Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2017, 09:05:33 PM »

It seems really odd that a foreign Royal Court would want to prevent peaceful protests. A foreign ministry possibly, but why is the royal court worried how the public react to the Chinese VIPs?

Surely, as long as the protests are peaceful there is no issue. Yes the Chinese might be offended, but shouldn't a democracy like Denmark so forward thinking and keen on civil liberties and human rights, only invite foreign guests who will be prepared to abide by their laws and rights during a visit?

Which foreign royal court do you mean? Confused

And yes, Denmark is - or should be - so "forward thinking". That's the entire point. What happened was illegal. The protesters should have had their say.
freethespoon

Most Exalted Member

BooHoo Sugars

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2017, 09:41:47 PM »

Is this really any surprise?  How long did Ceacescu keep his Order of the Elephant again?

Of of all the royal families, the DRF is one of the most incredibly entitled, detached and corrupt.   A few people getting pushed around = no biggie.  So long as it wasn't Daisy, who gives a hoot?

Ain't nobody got time for Mary's sh*t.
Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2017, 01:18:04 AM »

Is this really any surprise?  How long did Ceacescu keep his Order of the Elephant again?

Of of all the royal families, the DRF is one of the most incredibly entitled, detached and corrupt.   A few people getting pushed around = no biggie.  So long as it wasn't Daisy, who gives a hoot?

So long the DRF's benefactors were happy, who cares about the peasants, especially brown peasants?  Snare Roll Eyes
just a serf

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2017, 02:17:13 AM »

Could this have come from Henrik? Didn't he work as a diplomat in Asia? I can see him treating rich Chinese officials or businesspeople favourably and listening to their demands. I don't recall him showing any interest in human rights issues  Thinking I may be wrong.

With the DRF's cosy ties to these big companies they've left themselves wide open to corruption. I hope the investigators are looking at connections between Lego and any Chinese subsidiary or the Chinese government. We know the Lego billionaires are very close to the DRF and could easily exert influence if they wanted. Google "lego china"  Whistle

On the whole this is very very troubling.

"I haven't played since I stopped." - Waity Middleton
"You only have it if you've got it." - James, Marquis of Mallow
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2017, 06:22:24 PM »

http://www.dr.dk/nyheder/...-kommission-om-tibetsagen

Marge' newest L'i'w might have been involved.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2017, 02:50:17 PM »

The former court marshall Ove Ullerup claims the court wasn't involved, implies that the person who mentioned that the court was involved has been lying:

http://www.dr.dk/nyheder/...s-indblanding-i-tibet-sag
Royal Me!

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2017, 04:35:15 PM »

He's bias and should keep his mouth shut.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2017, 10:18:42 PM »

He's bias and should keep his mouth shut.

Well, in this case he was called to answer the questions of the inquiry so he couldn't really not say something..
Royal Me!

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2017, 11:26:07 PM »

Well ... his mouth shut and not speak for ALL.

The implication that he knows ALL and knew that absolutely no one involved is very troubling.

Best to speak for oneself and let the others do the same.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2017, 12:11:35 PM »

Well ... his mouth shut and not speak for ALL.

The implication that he knows ALL and knew that absolutely no one involved is very troubling.

Best to speak for oneself and let the others do the same.

He's not speaking for all, nor is he speaking for himself. He's speaking for the court and since they are above the law, he's the only one who can be requested to be there.
The (potential and somewhat likely) problem here is - again - that the court has meddled in politics. That is the issue here, not the person dilivering their arrogant defence.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: