Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2017 Henrik - NEWS & EVENTS  (Read 2357 times)
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« on: January 11, 2017, 07:36:22 PM »

Prince Henrik in Myanmar

Prince Henrik has taken on a working trip to Myanmar, where the climate at this time of year is nothing more pleasant than in Winter cold Denmark.

The heat index for Myanmar lies above the 30, and the sun is shining from a cloudless sky in Yangon, Myanmar, where Prince Henry is right now. The prince, who has retired from most official duties at home, is not on a beach holiday.

Prince Henrik is on working trip, for now using the time helping the organizations and patronages that his heart aches for. One of them is the WWF, that Prince Henrik started in Denmark, and he is still president in Denmark of.

Together with its international project director, Jacob Shawl, Prince Henrik is on a trip around Myanmar, formerly Burma, to visit and see for himself the many projects in the country, which WWF supports and puts work in. The work in the country is multiform, but WWF's focus is mostly on the protection of nature and endangered species.

Especially nature and wildlife in the hitherto very closed country is seriously threatened by the country's rapid growth, in commercial, economic and population terms. Forest areas where a very large population of wild life's favorable homestead is under pressure, and WWF and Prince Henrik are trying to inspire both the government and local people to put more appreciative of nature and wildlife and make suggestions on how to keep tha damage to wildlife, forests, rivers as minimal as possible.

Such projects are Prince Henrik's heart close, and he has traveled from north to south in the country to see and visit as many projects as possible.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 07:46:37 PM by PeDe » Logged

jigmesjigga

Medium Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2017, 08:24:30 PM »

Now I'm seeing where Fred gets part of his sense of entitlement - dear old dad also seems to just do what he wants to do when he wants to. Who cares about family obligations or giving a crap about supporting your wife? I can't even look at him anymore. Plus I only see Colonel Sanders of KFC fame when I look at his stupid facial hair.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2017, 06:22:17 PM »

January 21
Henrik opens exhibition of his private jade collection

Since childhood, Prince Henrik has collected oriental jade art, and on a special occasion he is now exhibiting nearly 750 sculptures and legendary creatures made of jade, in collaboration with the museum at Koldinghus.

In his opening speech, Prince Henrik admitted great joy to be allowed to exhibit his private collection, and to be allowed to share it with others. Prince hopes that it can help to make jadekunst large.

- "It's a great show, and I've been looking forward to collaborating with the museum, and seeing it", said a delighted Prince Henrik.

After the tour of the exhibition lunch with musical entertainment was arranged. Among those invited was Count Ingolf and Countess Sussie and auctioneers couple Jesper and Birthe Bruun Rasmussen, who had their daughter Alexa Bruun Rasmussen.

The exhibition is called "Himmel stone. HRH Prince Henrik's collection of oriental jadekunst", and will be running in Koldinghus until August 27.

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2017, 09:16:43 PM »

Royal Me!

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2017, 09:46:20 PM »

WOW from me.   Supercontent
I would love to see the exhibit. 
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2017, 10:54:56 PM »

It would be interesting to hear which specific places he got them from, what they mean, what their history is. I imagine Henrik to be very interesting to listen to, when he talkes about his life experiences,

Great exhibition.

Royal Me!

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2017, 11:45:28 PM »

I love that he's sharing with Denmark his passion for Asian culture.  Definitely Vietnam.
just a serf

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2017, 02:17:18 PM »

Madam would have asked for the display glass to be removed so she could try some pieces on.

"I haven't played since I stopped." - Waity Middleton
"You only have it if you've got it." - James, Marquis of Mallow
Royal Me!

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2017, 03:02:37 PM »

She'll try to one-up him TRUMP him with her collection of ... well you know ... her stuff.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2017, 07:25:17 PM »

January 22
Henrik in the battle against poker star

Prince Henrik presented a number of prizes at the bridge tournament Copenhagen Bridge International in Copenhagen. But the bridge-happy prince was not content only with that - he played even a few rounds.

Prince Henrik played ia against the star Gustav Hansen, known as one of the world's best poker players. Gustav, called Gus, is now well on its way to becoming a really good bridge player.

- "It was very very nice to play against Prince Henrik, but there was war to the knife. For Prince doubled me a few times and I doubled him", says Gus Hansen, who has previously taken Prince Henrik to bridge tournaments.

- "Gustav Hansen is very appealing and cozy. And he plays bridge very well", praised Prince Henry's opponent.

The prince, who in recent months has had a becomingly beard, showed up completely clean-shaven. Sometimes one has to change it up, maybe I will grow it again later, laughed the prince cheerfully, before he went in to present the prizes to the winners of the tournament, where more than 200 players took part.

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2017, 01:09:41 AM »

January 27
Henrik received representatives of 22 of his patronage, a total of almost 70 guests. A warm and relaxed atmosphere at the Christiansborg palace.

(photos courtesy of our friend Oceane  Hug )

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2017, 05:45:20 PM »

I've never seen photos of Henrik's parents

here at his wedding - curtesy of following BLOG

Next to the royal couple are, from left, Prince Henrik?s parents Countess Ren?e and Count Andr? de Laborde de Monpezat, HM Queen Juliana of the Netherlands and Mrs. Kekkonen. In front are the two bridesmaids, Anne and Carina Oxholm Tillisch.

Front row, from left:
Margrethe - HRH Princess Benedikte of Denmark - Henrik - the sisters of Prince Henrik (Fran?oise, Mrs. Bardin, Countess Catherine and Countess Maurille), HRH Grand-Duke Jean of Luxembourg, HRH Grand-Duchess Josephine-Charlotte of Luxembourg, HRH Princess Marina, Duchess of Kent, Mr. Claude Bardin and HRH Crown Prince Harald of Norway.

Second row, from left:
HRH Princess Beatrix of The Netherlands and the two brothers of Prince Henrik, Count Etienne and Count Jean-Baptiste.

Third row, from left:
HRH Prince Louis Ferdinand of Prussia, HH Duke Christian of Mecklenburg-Schwerin, HE the French Minister of the Interior, Mr. Fouchet, Mrs. Fouchet, Marquess Jacques de Laborde de Monpezat (uncle of Prince Henrik) and HRH Prince Bertil of Sweden.

Fourth row, from left:
partially hidden behind her husband is Duchess Christian of Mecklenburg-Schwerin, HRH Princess D?sir?e of Sweden and Baron Niclas Silfverschio?ld.

Sixth row, from left:
HRH The Prince of the Asturias, HH Prince Georg of Denmark, HH Princess Anne of Denmark, Count and Countess Sigvard Bernardotte. Behind are shown Mr. Ivar Vind, Countess Alexandra of Rosenborg, Mrs. Vind (partially hidden by Prince Georg), Count Flemming and Countess Ruth of Rosenborg and Captain Ramsay.

lynda

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2017, 05:49:28 PM »

She'll try to one-up him TRUMP him with her collection of ... well you know ... her stuff.

well said.......................TRUMP him..........
lellobeetle

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2017, 10:57:47 AM »

From a DailyMail article:  http://www.dailymail.co.u...OT-pharoah-Ramses-II.html

Not mentioned or identified in the article, but I think this might be Henrik viewing that ancient statue they found in Cairo that they thought was of Ramses II.  I'm pretty certain this is Henrik.

temi

Huge Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2017, 11:15:35 AM »

Good eye: http://www.abc.net.au/new...-next-to-colossus/8363492

Confirmed by ABC news Australia!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: