Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Maxima: 2017 Events  (Read 18037 times)
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2017, 09:32:53 AM »

Closest using English words: Neigh-May-Gun. If you can make the May-Gun sound like one word, you pretty much got it!

Please don't ask me to do Jipsing-Boertange, Emmererfscheiderveen, or Tytsjerksteradiel.

Well we can start with Een (which is a city in Drenthe)
ortensia

Huge Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2017, 09:43:24 AM »

i guess learning the right pronunciation is very difficoult and,depending in which country you are,important.

over here we are people pleasers and if a stranger speaks with a stammer 2 semi italian words we are oohhh woooww goood i understand you very well!(while our brain is working fast to decipher what the stranger tried to tell us).
proof is we never correct people who pronounce italian word with a,say,english pronunciation. eg big fashion houses like versace e dolce e gabbana never corrected anyone for pronouncing their names in a wrong way.

the important thing,in italy,is to please friends,clients and turn strangers into new friends.(and if closing one eye over the wrong pronunciation makes you earn friends and clients and money...not bad !)

fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2017, 09:46:08 AM »

When I grew up we shortly lived at the dutch border, and some school wits taught me some dutch.
So now I am the proud owner of vital and most essential vocabulary: like bromfiets and Verbuddelplats, which I later found out was definitely not the correct dutch word for cemetery.... Confused

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Missynat

Mini Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2017, 09:54:23 AM »

Max visits a windmill park in Nijmegen, Netherlands.  I have no clue where in Netherlands Nijimegen is located and I am sure if I googled it I will find out.  However, don't ask me to pronounce the word, I would slaughter it with my pronunciation.   Cry

Hahahaha  

Many, many years ago I stayed at a guest family in England (vicinity of London) for a short period (part of my highschool programm). They proudly told us (my classmate and I) they knew more about the Netherlands as they had lived in Nimwegen or Nimwehen. It took some effort, but finally it became clear Nijmegen was ment.  

Nijmegen is a city in the approximately mid-east of the Netherland, not far from the border with Germany.  It is well know for its annual Wandelvierdaags (hiking 4 days), which has many national and international (especially military) participants. In the map below, you will see the location of Nijmegen (the black dot just below the black dot of the city of Arnhem).

Thanks for a quick lesson on geography and giving some info about Nijmegen.   Thumb up
Missynat

Mini Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2017, 09:56:17 AM »

Closest using English words: Neigh-May-Gun. If you can make the May-Gun sound like one word, you pretty much got it!

Please don't ask me to do Jipsing-Boertange, Emmererfscheiderveen, or Tytsjerksteradiel.

Catananche, I won't even try... Tongue  The Dutch people will think I am speaking some exotic language when in actual fact I am trying to pronounce these Dutch towns/cities 
Missynat

Mini Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2017, 09:59:01 AM »

Max visiting the IMC Weekendschool in Haarlem.  I think she is getting her mojo back.  The sparkling personality is coming out again...   Banana

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2017, 09:59:51 AM »

i guess learning the right pronunciation is very difficoult and,depending in which country you are,important.

over here we are people pleasers and if a stranger speaks with a stammer 2 semi italian words we are oohhh woooww goood i understand you very well!(while our brain is working fast to decipher what the stranger tried to tell us).
proof is we never correct people who pronounce italian word with a,say,english pronunciation. eg big fashion houses like versace e dolce e gabbana never corrected anyone for pronouncing their names in a wrong way.

the important thing,in italy,is to please friends,clients and turn strangers into new friends.(and if closing one eye over the wrong pronunciation makes you earn friends and clients and money...not bad !)

Very recognizable! For many Dutch it is the same 
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2017, 04:02:27 PM »

Yes, she seems to be getting her "Max mojo" back. Thumb up But her hair Nerves
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2017, 04:35:16 PM »

When I grew up we shortly lived at the dutch border, and some school wits taught me some dutch.
So now I am the proud owner of vital and most essential vocabulary: like bromfiets and Verbuddelplats, which I later found out was definitely not the correct dutch word for cemetery.... Confused

Hahahaha, when reading that word I was wondering "What does she mean??". As this word is unknown to me, a native Dutch speaker. But then I saw the rest.
The Dutch word for cemetery is 'begraafplaats'.

BTW I grew up with a dialect, which is according to the experts a variation of German (and not of Dutch as many people think). With the knowledge of this dialect it often was easy to understand each other at both sides of the Dutch/German border. And many years ago I heard that in several Dutch-German border regions it was possible for Germans high school students to have the subject 'Dutch'.

Nowadays you see a lot of German students in the Netherlands. For example at the Universities in Nijmegen en Maastricht. The last one claims to have the highest concentration of foreign students, but they don't tell you the majority is German Wink Smiley

Kaiserin

Big Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2017, 07:34:40 PM »

Star
Love the Verbuddelsplats. For a German, it sounds logic  ;-)

I love "Brandslang" - which I am told is a valid dutch word. For Feuerwehrschlauch (engl. fire hose).
Princess BlueEyes

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2017, 02:46:23 PM »

While I love the colour - I do not think the dress is good on Max. I can't figure out if it is her posture, she has a bad bra, lost too much weight or just the dress but her breasts seem very low.

fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2017, 05:42:46 PM »

TBH, she looks like she forget the girls at home. The cut and pattern of the dress makes some very low boobage, but if you look is nothing there.
F?nny how it seems that the coat was originally on Maxima, and then Amalia snapped it up.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
myloveforroyals

Medium Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2017, 05:56:09 PM »

TBH, she looks like she forget the girls at home. The cut and pattern of the dress makes some very low boobage, but if you look is nothing there.
F?nny how it seems that the coat was originally on Maxima, and then Amalia snapped it up.
The coat actually belongs to Maxima  Smiley http://www.modekoninginma...j-society-huwelijk-londen
Amalia's dress is by Self-Portrait!
Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2017, 06:09:12 PM »

Amalia really needs to lose some weights. She seems to be gaining weight every time we see her. This is not good for a kid. It's not healthy.
Royalfan 72

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2017, 06:51:58 PM »

Amalia really needs to lose some weights. She seems to be gaining weight every time we see her. This is not good for a kid. It's not healthy.

Sorry, she is a kid/teenager. Her parents will take care of her health. I think this topic shouldn't be discussed in public for Amalias sake.

Just my opinion.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: