Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Women's March on Washington - January 21, 2017  (Read 7292 times)
Margaret

Large Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: February 19, 2017, 03:21:35 AM »

Pregnant women have been described as "hosts" by the man behind the bill.
-BBC

http://www.bbc.com/news/w...ws&ns_source=facebook

I felt due to political overtones and theme this belongs here

Here's another one- Arkansas' governor has signed a bill to allow husbands (or parents of minors) to sue in order to keep their wives (or daughters) from having an abortion, or for monetary damages afterwards.

I apologize if this article is TOO off-topic, but I find this highly alarming in that it can keep women in dangerous domestic abuse situations trapped in that cycle (not to mention bringing vulnerable children into such a situation). Also, usually in the US with abortion laws there are exceptions for rape and incest, which is also not the case here- the quote in the article says these exceptions weren't even considered for this law.

http://nytlive.nytimes.co...rtions/amp/?client=safari

And since this is the Women's March thread, for those still wondering why women feel we need to march, here's a reminder- Lawrence Lockman (R-Maine) feels that (as long as a a woman has a right to an abortion) men should be "free to use his superior strength to force himself on a woman"

I understand that not everyone agrees with a woman having the right to an abortion. But an elected official advocating for rape?  Ranting

This is one of the biggest WTF moments in a long time. That and Putin decriminalizing domestic violence....FOR FUCK'S SAKE, let's take women back into the middle ages.

minimoos  Star

You took the words right out of my mouth.   WTF?  He has the audacity to advocate rape?   Nerves  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: