Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amal Clooney expecting Twins  (Read 2842 times)
temi

Huge Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« on: February 10, 2017, 02:01:17 AM »

https://ca.yahoo.com/news...julie-chen-204822693.html

George is quite old to be a first time dad. But I guess its not surprising. Its not a substantiated report.
Princess MS

Warned
Micro Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2017, 04:24:24 AM »

https://ca.yahoo.com/news...julie-chen-204822693.html

George is quite old to be a first time dad. But I guess its not surprising. Its not a substantiated report.

Yes and Amal is oldish to be a first time Mum - if it is true I'm guessing IVF
PruNordstrom

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2017, 07:25:00 AM »

So, really, not yet confirmed. If they are, suppose they are waiting until a bit further on to get past the early months.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2017, 11:51:55 AM »

Yahoo quotes Matt Damon, so that makes it semi-official.
But seriously is the one-baby-pregnancy not fashionable any longer?

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
temi

Huge Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2017, 01:22:48 PM »

Fraternal twins are actually more common among older moms. She looks amazing but she IS 39.

It used to be all about getting married by the time you're 30, then having kids by 30. Now its having your kids by 40.
onar

Small Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2017, 03:47:30 PM »

I wish them all the best!

I used to think that I would like to have my 1st kid before my 30s but I see that the time is not enough to do the things I want to do for my career. Once you have kids, you cannot leave them to study abroad, even for a short period of time. Now I understand all these women, who I used to judge for choosing to have kids close to their 40s.
Suzerain

Warned
Humongous Member

Heard Island and McDonald Islands Heard Island and McDonald Islands

Still not queen, Maz reacts

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2017, 04:17:27 PM »

onar, I agree!

It's not an easy choice to make and as far as I've understood neither George or Amal have been particularly interested in having children. As a matter of fact I find it quite strange they are now having twins after years of insisting they don't want that sort of lifestyle. Peer pressure perhaps? Boy do I know what that is like... I've never understood why other people feel they need to even lie to people with no kids to get them to have kids but that is another topic and OT.

She's 39 but she's not too old, obviously. It's not like she's that old. Some women her age might be much older physically and then again, she might be younger than her years (as told by a doctor). In any case I wish them well and hope they'll be happy. To me it's a mystery how people have the courage to have children in the first place, especially in a world like this but I guess they have all the help they could possibly need.
Snow Queen

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2017, 05:57:31 PM »

Oldie chiming in....

Big Congratulations to George & Amal. I hope she has a happy healthy pregnancy with her babies.

39 isn't too old for babies at all. My husband and I dealt with infertility for over a decade. We decided not to persue fertility treatments and decided if it happens it happens, if it doesn't it doesn't. We could have a happy life with or without children. Last February we got a huge surprise with a positive pregnancy test, she was born in October and I'm 39! I was so worried about my age but honestly, my daughter has been rejuvenating and I feel younger now at 39 then I did in my 20s. You can be a great parent or a crappy parent at any age. It's all a matter of choice.
onar

Small Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2017, 06:32:23 PM »

Oldie chiming in....

Big Congratulations to George & Amal. I hope she has a happy healthy pregnancy with her babies.

39 isn't too old for babies at all. My husband and I dealt with infertility for over a decade. We decided not to persue fertility treatments and decided if it happens it happens, if it doesn't it doesn't. We could have a happy life with or without children. Last February we got a huge surprise with a positive pregnancy test, she was born in October and I'm 39! I was so worried about my age but honestly, my daughter has been rejuvenating and I feel younger now at 39 then I did in my 20s. You can be a great parent or a crappy parent at any age. It's all a matter of choice.
my very best wishes for your baby girl!
Kaiserin

Big Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2017, 07:24:05 PM »

Wow, if it's true, twins ...

But my first thought was ... prepare for a very expensive divorce in latest 3 years time.
Clooney never wanted to get married at the first place - imho she managed to finally talk him into marriage -
and now I cannot imagine him to have the nerves for 2 babies.
I am wishing them well, too, but I do not expect that to last. He doesn't strike me as a family type, and he could be the grandfather of those kids, age wise.
lothwen

Warned
Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2017, 10:44:41 PM »

Considering that they hadn't talked about wanting children,  or going through IVF treatment,  it's very possible this just happened naturally

Hester
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Sudan Sudan

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2017, 12:13:09 AM »

Considering that they hadn't talked about wanting children,  or going through IVF treatment,  it's very possible this just happened naturally

I wonder whether Mary passed on Dr Yehudi Gordon's number to Amal! : )
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2017, 08:41:20 AM »

Fraternal twins are actually more common among older moms. She looks amazing but she IS 39.

It used to be all about getting married by the time you're 30, then having kids by 30. Now its having your kids by 40.

I guess they had help. And if you are in your late 30s you might "try for twins" because it is "easier" for them. Let's face it. They are not a "normal" couple who will have to get up at night or be stressed out because of two small kids. So all the disadvantages a "normal" twin mother would experience do not matter to them.

There are so many twins in the celebrity world: Julia Roberts, Beyonce, etc etc.
Harley
Board Helper
Ginormous Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2017, 10:02:26 AM »

Well, if it's true, congratulations to them. I can't imagine those kids aren't wanted as I would guess they've had help. I wish them all the best as a family.

On a sidenote, I'm about to start fertility treatment so anyone getting pregnant (who wants kids) is just blessed in my book.

lothwen

Warned
Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2017, 02:01:57 PM »

Well, if it's true, congratulations to them. I can't imagine those kids aren't wanted as I would guess they've had help. I wish them all the best as a family.

On a sidenote, I'm about to start fertility treatment so anyone getting pregnant (who wants kids) is just blessed in my book.

((hugs))

I don't get the backlash against celebrities who use fertility treatments,  and /or who have twins.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: