Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oscars 2017  (Read 2726 times)
Kaiserin

Big Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« on: February 26, 2017, 03:37:54 PM »

Tonight's the night.

We could pretend it's about movies, but everybody knows it's mostly about fashion. Hits and misses. Wardrobe malfunctions. Spanx. Cleavage & slits. And jewels.

So let the show begin!

Kimothy

Micro Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2017, 03:57:31 PM »

Thanks! I remember everyone fawning over Gwyneth Paltrow's gown but honestly? It looked like it was about to slip off of her! On top of that, I saw Shakespeare In Love and while everyone went gaga over it (and Paltrow and the fact she went flipping topless in one scene) I thought it was "meh" and and concluded that I've got a much better rack than her. Truth be told, I thought Cate Blanchett was robbed for Elizabeth. She was the Best Actress winner that year, IMO.

(or maybe I just don't like Gwyneth Paltrow in general  Wink )
Lurker

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2017, 01:06:47 AM »

Here's a link to photo of celebs arriving on the red carpet.  I don't intend to watch the awards show itself, but I do enjoy seeing the gowns.  So far, the best dressed celeb is Taraji P. Henson. 

http://oscar.go.com/photo...l-academy-awards-arrivals

I don't intend to watch the awards show itself, but I do enjoy seeing the gowns.  So far, the best dressed celeb is Taraji P. Henson.  Her gown, jewels, hair and makeup are stunning.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2017, 01:30:56 AM »

Kirsten Dunst looks amazing!
Lurker

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2017, 01:31:44 AM »

Here's a better photo gallery from Vogue:  http://www.vogue.com/slid...arpet-celebrity-fashion#1
Lurker

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2017, 01:52:19 AM »

Kirsten Dunst looks amazing!

She sure does.  She got the mullet hem right too, which I haven't seen anyone else do.  Laura Dern looks terrific as well.  I'm not keen on the neckline of Viola Davis's gown, but I love the bright red on her.  I wonder where Nicole Kidman got my grandma's bedspread.   
cowgrrl

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2017, 02:30:03 AM »

Janele Monae looks amazing & very her.  So far I haven't seen any total losers in the wardrobe department. 

And can Lin-Manuel Miranda win so he can complete the PEGOT (Pulitizer, Emmy, Grammy, Oscar, Tony)??  If he does, he will become only the 3rd person in history to do so. 
lellobeetle

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2017, 03:53:30 AM »

Won't be watching that circus this year. 

Nuno

Humongous Member

Portugal Portugal

TM The King and Queen of Spain

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2017, 04:02:40 AM »

I'm so glad that (so far!) it's not getting too much into the political issues  Beer
Kirsten Dunst sure looks good - she lost weight, didn't she?
Viola Davis and Octavia Spencer look amazing.
I also like a lot what Nicole Kidman is wearing - a shame her face doesn't look like her anymore  Cry
Janelle Monae is a beauty  Yes

"You can call me Happiness...yes Queen Happiness. It sounds great!" - Queen Letizia, Red Cross 150th Anniversary Wink

"Hey Cristina, I'm the Queen now :D"
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2017, 04:05:26 AM »

ooooh, love me some Viggo 

lyndell75

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2017, 04:16:26 AM »

Viola Davis is the now the first Black Woman to win and Oscar, Emmy and Tony ...amazing!

temi

Huge Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2017, 04:27:34 AM »

lyndell75 - you've captured all my favourite looks for the night!
 Star
cowgrrl

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2017, 05:39:07 AM »

SO disappointed that Lin-Manuel didn't win for Best Song. 
Herazeus

Warned
Medium Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2017, 06:14:35 AM »

Lyndell75: it should be clear that she's the first black woman to almost get to the Egot circle in one category ie acting because i'm pretty sure that Whoopi Goldberg is already an Egot winner, but her collection came from different disciplines...an acting Oscar for Ghost, Grammy for her comedy recording of her stand up show , Tony for producing Thoroughly Modern Millie, emmy for TV presenting a show on Hattie MacDaniel from Gone with the Wind. 

Also, as far as the exclusive Egot circle, Rita Moreno is another non white person in the circle, but again for different disciplines an Oscar for West Side Story, a guest spot of the Muppet show, a mostly spoken word recording album for a children's show, and a broadway play.

It's a very exclusive club with only 12 people so far. Viola would be the first person to join it, if she does,  by winning in only one discipline.
lellobeetle

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2017, 07:53:05 AM »

Also, as far as the exclusive Egot circle, Rita Moreno is another non white person in the circle, but again for different disciplines an Oscar for West Side Story, a guest spot of the Muppet show, a mostly spoken word recording album for a children's show, and a broadway play.

I was just going to mention the fantastic Rita Moreno - who keeps looking more and more beautiful as time goes on.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: