Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: State visit to Japan - 4/4/2017 ~ 4/7/2017  (Read 2911 times)
Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

United States United States

Ignore
« on: March 05, 2017, 09:08:37 PM »

Not too early to start the thread!  Wink Japan's Foreign Ministry's announcement:

http://www.mofa.go.jp/mof...elease/press4_004290.html

Japanese love pearls and produces pearls. I'm hoping Leti will wear this Cartier pearl and diamond tiara:

I like this CH gown. The floral embroidery and the color make me think of Japan in Spring:

« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 09:21:43 PM by Laprincess » Logged
Tinika

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2017, 07:24:42 AM »

Not too early to start the thread!  Wink Japan's Foreign Ministry's announcement:

http://www.mofa.go.jp/mof...elease/press4_004290.html

Japanese love pearls and produces pearls. I'm hoping Leti will wear this Cartier pearl and diamond tiara:

I like this CH gown. The floral embroidery and the color make me think of Japan in Spring:

Both of those would be glorious!  Star
chocolate_angel

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2017, 04:34:59 PM »

love the dress Drool
Nuno

Gigantic Member

Portugal Portugal

TM The King and Queen of Spain

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2017, 12:35:27 PM »

I like the dress, but not the color  Smiley I think it might be too much cleavage for a state dinner with the imperial family.  Thinking But Leti if you're reading us bring the Cartier tiara and more crown jewels  Yes

"You can call me Happiness...yes Queen Happiness. It sounds great!" - Queen Letizia, Red Cross 150th Anniversary Wink

"Hey Cristina, I'm the Queen now :D"
pocahontas

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2017, 04:40:20 AM »

This is the type of "slim" gown I wish Leti and other royals would wear instead of the form-fitting gowns that are so trendy right now. Form-fitting gowns show every curve - and bulge and underwear line (if not properly fitted). Leti is the only royal who can pull off form-fitting gowns, but they make her look very small compared to people around her.

The CH gown below is columnar but not form-fitting. It is a silhouette from the 60's: very elegant, flattering without showing too much or looking uncomfortably tight.

Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2017, 07:25:41 AM »

Leti can take this whole set of pearls to Japan. Is this pearl necklace, with the big pearl pendant, a part of the "Jewels to pass"?

Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2017, 09:31:56 AM »

The necklace yes, and the pendent too (the Cartier Pearl Tiara do not belong to the joyas de passar btw). But they are different pieces Wink The pearl pendant is removable - "La Pelegrina" pearl - and it originally belongs to a brooch.

Sofia wore the pendant with different pearl necklaces. The "Joyas de Passar" set have several pearl pieces. If you're curious about the pieces that belong to the joyas de passar, left by Queen Ena's in her will, here the list:

- The Ansorena Fleur-de-Lys tiara
- The Diamond riviere
- Diamond brooch with the hanging "La Peregrina" pearl
- Diamond earrings
- Two matching Diamond bracelets
- Pearl neckace with 37 pearls
- Four rows of big pearls (necklace)
- Grey pearl brooch, with an hanging pear shape pearl

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2017, 02:07:35 AM »

Thanks, Thistle.  Star

Is the pearl pendant really "Pelegrina"? I just looked it up on Wiki. So the pearl Elizabeth Taylor owned is called "Peregrina" but there's another pearl called "Pelegrina". Both were first owned by the Spanish royal family but Peregrina was taken by Joseph Napoleon and the latter was passed into France through royal marriage and then got lost in French Revelution. Most recently, the former was auctioned off after Taylor's death for $10.5 millions. The latter was sold by a Russian noble family in 1953 to a Geneva jeweler. There's no mentioning of it being bought back by the Spanish Royal Family.  Thinking This pearl seems a bit smaller than Peregrina and less a pear-shape. Of course, I wouldn't turn it down if someone gives it to me.  Putting the pearl on the necklace is a bit of overkill. I think using it as a brooch with this tiara would be enough.

This Cartier tiara was not part of the "Jewels to Pass" but it was reportedly bought back by JC from his aunt or given to JC by his aunt. It's not Sofia's. I can't imagine JC would pass it onto Elena or Cristina. I think the chances are it will remain in the main line.   
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2017, 10:40:32 AM »

I'm quite certain that the Cartier will stay in the main line of the SRF Wink I was just mentioning it because many people assume the Cartier and the Flower Tiaras belong to the set Wink

And I was knew the pendant as "La Pelegrina" and royal watchers that are jewels fanatics also refer to it as "La Pelegrina". Probably a popular name for pearls back in the day 

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
Clara
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2017, 07:09:40 PM »

Since she's going to have so many "big tiaras" moments in the near future (State visits to Japan and the UK, perhaps birthdays of the Kings of Norway and NL) and she just wore the Fleur de Lys she could wear another big gun pearl tiara, the Cartier Loop tiara. It's not my favourite but I would love to see how it looks on Letizia. This tiara belonged to Alfonso XII second wife, the Austrian Queen Regnant (Maria Cristina), and passed to her son Alfonso XIII who gave it to his daughter-in-law the Countess of Barcelona. She kept it until her death, although she loaned it to Sofia and especially to her daughter Pilar (whose daughter Simoneta wore it at her wedding). After the Countess death it's been in JC's possession. It's also known as the Russian Tiara since it was inspired by the Kokoshnik.
(the photomontages are not mine, I found them in google images)

Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2017, 07:16:58 PM »

I think Letizia will look much better with the Cartier Loop tiara and the Cartier Diamond and Pearl Tiara because the proportion is better for her small head. But still, her stylist will need to come up with bigger tiara updo than the last one. This loose French braid look is not bad with the bigger tiara because she needs width on the sides to balance out the tiara.

Clara
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2017, 07:27:17 PM »

I loved how the Fleur de Lys tiara looked on her, I have no complaints  Smiley But in the last couple of years Leti and her hair stylist love to try different styles.

But I hope she'll wear a pearl tiara and matching pearl jewelry in Japan (and a strong colour for the gala dinner among the white of the imperial ladies)

Elissa

Ginormous Member

France France

Aquamarine for March

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2017, 07:39:12 PM »

My hopes are the Cartier Diamond and Pearl tiara in Japan, and the Cartier Loop tiara for the UK visit !  Smiley
Clara
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2017, 07:45:15 PM »

In the good old times (when JC&Sofia paid a state visit to the UK 30 years ago) there were 3 tiara events (iirc). The state banquet, the dinner with the mayor and the return event? I'm 99% sure Letizia will wear the Fleur de Lys tiara for the British state banquet, but if there's another tiara event she can wear the Loop tiara to that! 

Coya

Big Member

Peru Peru

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2017, 08:49:49 PM »

I would love to see Leti wearing this beautiful Marchesa dress 2017 resort collection   (with a little alteration to cover her chest)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: