Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: State visit to Japan - 4/4/2017 ~ 4/7/2017  (Read 2907 times)
Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2017, 09:14:36 PM »

In the good old times (when JC&Sofia paid a state visit to the UK 30 years ago) there were 3 tiara events (iirc). The state banquet, the dinner with the mayor and the return event? I'm 99% sure Letizia will wear the Fleur de Lys tiara for the British state banquet, but if there's another tiara event she can wear the Loop tiara to that!  

I agree with you. I would bet my money on Fleur de Lys in Buckingham Palace too. If she doesn't wear it in a state visit to UK, where else can she wear it? I think she will wear the Cartier diamond and pearl in Japan. I'm hoping for the pearl set with strong pastel color, e.g. coral pink or hot pink, lavender, turquoise etc., gown in Japan.

I'm hoping she'll wear the grey and lavender CH coat/dress combo in Japan, maybe upon arrival? It's still cold in Japan in early April. That coat is too lovely not to wear it again. She can wear the Oscar de la Renta-inspired embroidered ivory coat that she wore at the National Day or the light pink coat with embroidered scallop edges she wore only once to London. Both should be okay for London weather in early June.  Wink

« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 09:47:30 PM by Laprincess » Logged
TexasBear

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2017, 12:08:04 AM »

I'm thinking the Cartier pearl and diamond tiara for the UK state dinner given its connection to the British royal family.
Clara
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2017, 01:26:24 PM »

I hope she wears the CH outfit soon, it was  (she can throw the scalloped pink coat into the garbage  ) but she may think it's too soon for a state visit. The State Visit to Portugal was arranged last minute due to the political situation in Spain so Letizia repeated many outfits and only debuted ready-to-wear pieces, but she didn't wear anything that we had seen in the last two-three years.

I still think she'll wear the Fleur de Lys, it has the same connection to the UK than Ena's Cartier tiara.

Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2017, 03:18:11 PM »

I hope she wears the CH outfit soon, it was  (she can throw the scalloped pink coat into the garbage  ) but she may think it's too soon for a state visit. The State Visit to Portugal was arranged last minute due to the political situation in Spain so Letizia repeated many outfits and only debuted ready-to-wear pieces, but she didn't wear anything that we had seen in the last two-three years.

I still think she'll wear the Fleur de Lys, it has the same connection to the UK than Ena's Cartier tiara.

What? You don't like the pink coat? Why?  Yes, it's prim and conservative but it's pretty and more queenly than those Varela suits she wore at the arrival in France and Mexico. Both Japan and UK will be formal and conservative. It seems appropriate. She just needs to find a hat to go with it.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: