Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: State visit to Japan - 4/4/2017 ~ 4/7/2017  (Read 20299 times)
Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2017, 10:14:36 PM »

In the good old times (when JC&Sofia paid a state visit to the UK 30 years ago) there were 3 tiara events (iirc). The state banquet, the dinner with the mayor and the return event? I'm 99% sure Letizia will wear the Fleur de Lys tiara for the British state banquet, but if there's another tiara event she can wear the Loop tiara to that!  

I agree with you. I would bet my money on Fleur de Lys in Buckingham Palace too. If she doesn't wear it in a state visit to UK, where else can she wear it? I think she will wear the Cartier diamond and pearl in Japan. I'm hoping for the pearl set with strong pastel color, e.g. coral pink or hot pink, lavender, turquoise etc., gown in Japan.

I'm hoping she'll wear the grey and lavender CH coat/dress combo in Japan, maybe upon arrival? It's still cold in Japan in early April. That coat is too lovely not to wear it again. She can wear the Oscar de la Renta-inspired embroidered ivory coat that she wore at the National Day or the light pink coat with embroidered scallop edges she wore only once to London. Both should be okay for London weather in early June.  Wink

« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 10:47:30 PM by Laprincess » Logged
TexasBear

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2017, 01:08:04 AM »

I'm thinking the Cartier pearl and diamond tiara for the UK state dinner given its connection to the British royal family.
Clara
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2017, 02:26:24 PM »

I hope she wears the CH outfit soon, it was  (she can throw the scalloped pink coat into the garbage  ) but she may think it's too soon for a state visit. The State Visit to Portugal was arranged last minute due to the political situation in Spain so Letizia repeated many outfits and only debuted ready-to-wear pieces, but she didn't wear anything that we had seen in the last two-three years.

I still think she'll wear the Fleur de Lys, it has the same connection to the UK than Ena's Cartier tiara.

Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2017, 04:18:11 PM »

I hope she wears the CH outfit soon, it was  (she can throw the scalloped pink coat into the garbage  ) but she may think it's too soon for a state visit. The State Visit to Portugal was arranged last minute due to the political situation in Spain so Letizia repeated many outfits and only debuted ready-to-wear pieces, but she didn't wear anything that we had seen in the last two-three years.

I still think she'll wear the Fleur de Lys, it has the same connection to the UK than Ena's Cartier tiara.

What? You don't like the pink coat? Why?  Yes, it's prim and conservative but it's pretty and more queenly than those Varela suits she wore at the arrival in France and Mexico. Both Japan and UK will be formal and conservative. It seems appropriate. She just needs to find a hat to go with it.
Nuno

Humongous Member

Portugal Portugal

TM The King and Queen of Spain

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2017, 04:20:52 PM »

Official program - Their Majesties are going to be accompanied during this trip by the Minister of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation, Alfonso Dastis, and the Secretaries of State for Commerce, Mar?a Luisa Poncela, and Research, Development and Innovation, Carmen Vela.

April 3rd
- Official departure from Barajas (afternoon)

April 4th
- F&L are going to be received by the Emperor and the Empress at the Imperial Palace
- F&L are going to visit the National Museum of Science and Innovation
- F&L are going to meet with the spanish community living in Japan
- Official dinner hosted by the Emperor and Empress of Japan

April 5th
- Felipe attends working breakfast with Japanese businessman interested in Spain
- Felipe attends a meeting with the Bilateral Committee for Business Cooperation Spain-Japan
- Letizia will visit Keio University and the Genetic Medical Center
- Felipe is going to receive in audience a representation of japanese personalities connected with Spain and its language and culture and japanese awardees with the Prince of Asturias Award
- In the afternoon, F&L are going to travel to Akasaka Palace, place where the agreements between Spain and Japan are going to be signed. In the end the Prime Minister Shinzo Abe is going to host a dinner in honor of Felipe and Letizia.

April 6th
- F&L accompanied by the Emperor and the Empress of Japan are going to travel by train to Shiizuoka, in order to visit the Center for the study and prevention of natural catastrophes caused by seismic activity. In the end of the trip, they're going to visit the Sengen Jinja temple.

"You can call me Happiness...yes Queen Happiness. It sounds great!" - Queen Letizia, Red Cross 150th Anniversary Wink

"Hey Cristina, I'm the Queen now :D"
Clara
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2017, 11:44:02 PM »

Nice pic of F&L's visit to Japan in June 2005. Letizia was pregnant with Leonor. They had dinner with the Emperor and Empress and their daughter, with the Crown Prince and Masako another night (Masako didn't pose for the photos) and Princess Takamado travelled with them to the Expo.

Coya

Big Member

Peru Peru

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2017, 11:47:12 PM »

Official program - Their Majesties are going to be accompanied during this trip by the Minister of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation, Alfonso Dastis, and the Secretaries of State for Commerce, Mar?a Luisa Poncela, and Research, Development and Innovation, Carmen Vela.

April 3rd
- Official departure from Barajas (afternoon)

April 4th
- F&L are going to be received by the Emperor and the Empress at the Imperial Palace
- F&L are going to visit the National Museum of Science and Innovation
- F&L are going to meet with the spanish community living in Japan
- Official dinner hosted by the Emperor and Empress of Japan

April 5th
- Felipe attends working breakfast with Japanese businessman interested in Spain
- Felipe attends a meeting with the Bilateral Committee for Business Cooperation Spain-Japan
- Letizia will visit Keio University and the Genetic Medical Center
- Felipe is going to receive in audience a representation of japanese personalities connected with Spain and its language and culture and japanese awardees with the Prince of Asturias Award
- In the afternoon, F&L are going to travel to Akasaka Palace, place where the agreements between Spain and Japan are going to be signed. In the end the Prime Minister Shinzo Abe is going to host a dinner in honor of Felipe and Letizia.

April 6th
- F&L accompanied by the Emperor and the Empress of Japan are going to travel by train to Shiizuoka, in order to visit the Center for the study and prevention of natural catastrophes caused by seismic activity. In the end of the trip, they're going to visit the Sengen Jinja temple.

Congratulations Nuno!!  Beer Banana thank you for the info  Star

Clara
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2017, 11:58:33 PM »

Jumping Jumping Champagne Champagne Champagne Congratulations Nuno!! Let's celebrate this week with the state visit! 

Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2017, 12:11:08 AM »

That was a frumpy coat Leti wore in her first visit to Japan. I hope she will do better this time.  Wink

Clara
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2017, 12:18:27 AM »

They were her first maternity clothes!  And also, like most commoners who married royalty, when she married she went through a phase of prim and princessy dressing that thankfully she outgrew

Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2017, 02:56:07 AM »

With a little luck, the photographers who accompany them during the visit will be able to capture this image of the Kings before the volcano, although it is often very difficult to portray them along attractive scenarios that can be considered tourist. And, unlike trips don Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia, who reconciled working with the promotion of cultural and natural wealth of the country visited, displacement of current Monarcas usually limited, just to work, work and work.

http://www.mujerhoy.com/c...japon-20170330112147.html

Seriously, they didn't even pose in front of the Eiffel Tower or Belem Tower in Lisbon. What PR novices! They need to learn from other royals.  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 03:08:06 AM by Laprincess » Logged
Nuno

Humongous Member

Portugal Portugal

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2017, 07:12:43 PM »

Thanks Clara and Coya  Thumb up Let's do it Clara  Yes Banana
Farewell ceremony in Barajas  Yes

twitter

"You can call me Happiness...yes Queen Happiness. It sounds great!" - Queen Letizia, Red Cross 150th Anniversary Wink

Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2017, 07:20:29 PM »

Leti is such a tease. She's covering it up with the trench coat.  Wink

It seems to be something black underneath. Japan in spring doesn't make me think of black. Thinking
Nuno

Humongous Member

Portugal Portugal

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2017, 07:41:31 PM »

Leti is such a tease. She's covering it up with the trench coat.  Wink

It seems to be something black underneath. Japan in spring doesn't make me think of black. Thinking
She had a small Marilyn Monroe moment and it seems to be something in black and white - I wonder she's wearing a skirt she wore only once form HB a couple of months ago

http://www.gettyimages.es/license/664121504

Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2017, 07:46:55 PM »

I hope she will change on the plane. I don't like that outfit at all.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: