Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: April The Giraffe  (Read 6693 times)
PruNordstrom

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: April 17, 2017, 09:30:36 AM »

17 April 03:00

Was way too busy Sunday. Every time I checked the live feed I saw April walking around, eating, hanging around the door to Oliver's pen or staring into the camera while chewing. Only once did I see Baby and he was running across the pen, stopping, running again. He must hide out on the loft end of the pen out of sight of the camera. This evening, April is doing the Starmaker cross ankle pose with her hind legs when she stops in her slow walk around the perimeter of the pen. Then it's on to the mannequin challenge for a bit. Wink

If I want to see anything from today I'll have to run through the recordings until Baby or Alyssa shows up on the preview. The live feed will be up for only another week. I will miss the morning check-in at the barn especially since Baby is here. The video clips from the keepers are nice to see. There is a ground level perspective that the live feed camera doesn't have. I wonder if the artist who did the ''April In Waiting'' prints will now do one of April and her calf.
PruNordstrom

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: April 18, 2017, 07:36:43 PM »

The next day or two will be the last chance to view April and Baby through the GiraffeCam live feed. It will shut down ''between Wednesday and Friday'' according to the owner of the Animal adventure Park. They will continue posting occasional updates to FB and Twitter. Take a last look.

SavageGrace

Ginormous Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: April 20, 2017, 03:58:21 PM »

Camera is going down tomorrow at 4:30pm EST Sad Sad

https://www.facebook.com/...58752824/963901513712728/

~❤~ Royals Online ~❤~
http://royalsonline.forumer.com
Hester
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Sudan Sudan

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: April 21, 2017, 10:09:26 AM »

I was working online near midnight Melbourne time and saw a message that the birth was imminent. What a beautiful thing it was to witness. Really admire all the staff and keepers. Also admire April and noted that unlike me she did not swear in labour!

Oh you lucky, lucky thing! I hovered for ages over a few days but of course missed it!
PruNordstrom

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: April 21, 2017, 11:56:38 PM »

If you really want to see it, Animal Adventure Park posted it (official).
www.youtube.com/watch?v=dz_errIBq3Y
PruNordstrom

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: April 21, 2017, 11:57:55 PM »

PruNordstrom

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: April 24, 2017, 04:46:38 AM »

From Animal Adventure Park FB 23 April

Good Morning from the Giraffe Barn!
All is well and baby continues to grow, he is now looking us in the eyes!
To answer a few of the pressing questions we continue to receive inquiry on:
The Giraffe Cam is not gone forever! This week we will announce viewing day/times for you to check in and watch progress! This schedule will continue until noted differently.
A permanent yard cam will go up this season which will also reconnect you to your favorite giraffe family.
...Lastly! We will announce the calf's name - tentatively - May 1st.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: April 24, 2017, 10:20:39 AM »

Unfortunately this weekend a baby giraffe died at the zoo in Amsterdam  Sad  Cry
cordtx

Warned
Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: April 24, 2017, 02:42:18 PM »

We had one die in Dallas awiile back. Hit it's head on a wall

There's a feeling I get when I look to the West....and my Spirit is crying for leaving
PruNordstrom

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: April 25, 2017, 07:32:22 AM »

I've heard of these sad occurrences. Considering the gestation period of this animal, the deaths are a terrible loss. It seems that great care has been taken by the animal park to keep Baby from harm. April appears to be minding her offspring with good attention. I've watched Baby perk up and run circles around the pen, 'skip' and jump a little and seen Mother check his exuberance. He had been spending time at the barn door seeming to sniff the incoming air and aromas. I hope he isn't let out into the yard too soon. There are hidden dangers there, similar to those a human mother would recognize. 10 days old on the 24th.  Smiley
PruNordstrom

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: April 25, 2017, 08:10:48 PM »

From Animal Adventure Park FB 25 April

The Giraffe Cam returns today, and every Tuesday from 4 PM - 8 PM Eastern.
Why this time frame?
1) Soon the giraffes are outside, and you will be watching an empty stall, but with our closing daily at 5 pm - you will have hours of enjoyment while they retire for the evening.
2) It allows us to capture the majority of our major fan bases (worldwide) at a relatively decent time in their daily routines.

The ''authentic and authorized'' link to the live cam is always at aprilthegiraffe  dot com
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: