Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Conflict Turkey - Netherlands  (Read 5953 times)
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #90 on: March 20, 2017, 05:00:54 PM »

I am thinking Ergodan is in dire trouble since he's so agressive about provoking Europe.. Nerves Just today Merkel has requested he stops using the nazi-card and suggested Germany will put a stop to more election meetings in Germany if he doesn't.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: March 20, 2017, 10:11:00 PM »

Merkel does a lot of talking, but there won't be many consequences. Erdogan is an idiot, would they simply stop making a lot of noise, his ministers would without any doubt be allowed to hold their campaigns in Germany. Germany is so incredibly terrified of being considered racist, that they would never ban foreigners esp. foreign dignitaries from coming in.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: March 21, 2017, 12:21:50 PM »

Merkel does a lot of talking, but there won't be many consequences. Erdogan is an idiot, would they simply stop making a lot of noise, his ministers would without any doubt be allowed to hold their campaigns in Germany. Germany is so incredibly terrified of being considered racist, that they would never ban foreigners esp. foreign dignitaries from coming in.

therein lies the problem, dear Fairy!

Tayyip is extremely racist and Xenophobic and will (and has) used it to his advantage to get his dictatorship Snare

By 'attacking' Germand and Dutch, he's created an imaginary enemy for his 'loyal tribe' to rally against his may-pole to support him.

Brilliant. Simple analogy 101. Works everytime.  Dead  Dead

G Crap Snare

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: March 21, 2017, 02:08:19 PM »

"...Accession Process
Erdogan said that "a very different Turkey" will show after the referendum, which will lecture the European Union on the accession process (to the EU). European agens will no longer be ably to "spy" on Turkish soil....."

getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: March 22, 2017, 05:45:23 AM »

"...Accession Process
Erdogan said that "a very different Turkey" will show after the referendum, which will lecture the European Union on the accession process (to the EU). European agens will no longer be ably to "spy" on Turkish soil....."

Translation:

The Republic will die on 16th April. Sad Cry
Long live the Sultanate of Erdogan. Dead
Ottoman Sultans always lectured fellow Europeans on how to behave and think  Roll Eyes  Snare
 there is news now that E is paying people to stay away from the polls  Snare
Paying people to vote YES  Snare
there is a real threat of violence if the NO vote gets up  Dead

G Crap

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: March 24, 2017, 06:32:29 AM »

"...Accession Process

Translation:

The Republic will die on 16th April. Sad Cry
Long live the Sultanate of Erdogan. Dead
Ottoman Sultans always lectured fellow Europeans on how to behave and think  Roll Eyes  Snare
 there is news now that E is paying people to stay away from the polls  Snare
Paying people to vote YES  Snare
there is a real threat of violence if the NO vote gets up  Dead

G Crap

https://www.theguardian.c...s-can-still-turn-the-tide

G

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: March 24, 2017, 10:41:22 AM »

Turkey <-- --> Bulgaria:

http://www.nu.nl/buitenla...-verzet-zich-erdogan.html
http://www.balkaninsight....n-angers-sofia-03-19-2017
http://www.reuters.com/ar...tion-turkey-idUSKBN16O1Q1
getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: March 27, 2017, 11:49:26 AM »

http://www.al-monitor.com...led-referendum-nears.html

G

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: March 29, 2017, 01:18:19 PM »

Wondering who are is main clients? I personally haven't been in Turkey for holiday, but if I hear the stories there are a lot of Dutch and German tourists in Turkey.
Also what about the ones with a double nationality. Are Dutch-Turks and German-Turks also banned?  Thinking  Thinking

http://freewestmedia.com/...erman-and-dutch-tourists/

Ah wait:
"..But this decision does not apply to expatriate citizens living in Germany and the Netherlands however. It only concerns Europeans..."

Ok, so Turks, even the ones born (and raised) in Europe, are no Europeans?? Why then the need to be member of the European Union?  Wink
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: March 29, 2017, 01:21:49 PM »

Even a Wiki page with regard to Turkey-Netherlands relationship: https://en.wikipedia.org/...%E2%80%93Turkey_relations  & https://en.wikipedia.org/...rkish_diplomatic_incident

"...Protesters in cities of Turkey including İzmit were seen squeezing and sticking knives into oranges (a prominent symbol of the Dutch royal family; the orange color is also associated with the Netherlands). Some protesters also burnt the flags of France since they assumed French President Fran?ois Hollande was the President of Holland (Netherlands).[19][20] Similarly, some Erdoğan supporters intended to call the Rotterdam police department and make the operators force to listen to religious and nationalistic Turkish songs. However, they mistakenly called the police department of the Town of Rotterdam in New York State, United States.[21] A man replaced the Dutch flag of the Dutch Consulate General in Istanbul with a Turkish one with some protesters making signs of the ultra-nationalist Grey Wolves and shouting "Allahu akbar", "Racist Holland" and "Damn Holland".[22][23]..."

Laughing  Laughing
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: March 29, 2017, 01:34:55 PM »

"...On 22 March, 2017, Erdogan said that Europeans would not be able to walk safely on the streets if they kept up their current attitude toward Turkey. "If Europe continues this way, no European in any part of the world can walk safely on the streets. Europe will be damaged by this. We, as Turkey, call on Europe to respect human rights and democracy," he said...."

And what about Turkey and Turks to respect human rights and democracy?  Thinking
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #101 on: March 29, 2017, 02:36:26 PM »

Somewhat related I read that the AFD (?) got their worst election yet (in Germany) and that Angela Merkel's CDU got a much better election than expected so perhaps we should hope for more Ergodan attempts of interfering..
Kaiserin

Big Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: March 29, 2017, 11:10:06 PM »

That was a local election in the federal state of Saarland. In my opinion, it's not an indication for the next national election.
Saarland was CDU governed before.
The Green Party as well as the Liiberals didn't even make it to the parliament - this won't happen with the national parliament.
And AfD-result in Saarland isn't representative for the rest of the Republic, as they had specific internal problems there who have most probably costed them votes. Then again, they still got 6,2% - which is 6,2 % more than last time, because last time, they did not even run there.
CDU won 5,5% compared to last time, but they won from the Greens, the Liberals and the Pirates.
Last but not least, Saarland is the second smallest fed state we have - shortly under 1 Mio of inhabitants. Compare that with the 83 Mio inhabitants in Germany and you'll see that whatever one would try to project on this basis will lead to false assumptions.

The main reason for AfD losing support nationwide (which they did indeed, if you believe the polls) is that CDU has started to "correct" their position in the refugee issue  - and the more one of the established parties does with regard to a stricter refuguee policy, the more people will cast their votes back in this direction.
Just because AfD is protest voting only, but would not lead into something fruitful, while voting for one of the established parties might result in a real change - if they keep their promises after election.
Means: CDU has well learned that their former position ("Wir schaffen das") didn't go down well, and has corrected their course just in time for the Bundestag campaign ...
cordtx

Warned
Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: March 30, 2017, 02:15:09 AM »

I love that Germany has a political party called the Pirates  Thumb up

There's a feeling I get when I look to the West....and my Spirit is crying for leaving
getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: April 03, 2017, 01:38:40 AM »

http://www.skynews.com.au...-anti-erdogan-expats.html

G Snare

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: