Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Queen Margrethe to host dinner meeting with the cabinet  (Read 15916 times)
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2017, 09:33:49 AM »

Perhaps after Richard's recent death she re-evaluated some things and wants to move to France to be with Henrik.
If Marge wants to be with her husband after Richard died, I'd be ok with it.

This dinner was announced days before Richard died, so it's not related. A Danish disher could give us a scoop about the current political situation. I remember reading one writting at the time of his election that it would be hard for him to stay in office for the whole term Thinking

Marge stated very recently in an interview that she wouldn't abdicate, so if that's the case something happened for her to change her mind Secret

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
MidnightDiamond

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2017, 09:39:28 AM »

Thinking

There must be a reason. They say Margarethe requested it, so it has to be royal related?
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2017, 09:43:46 AM »

She is the Queen, so Head of the State Council, right? She is the one that can request it, even if it's for other non-royal reason Thinking

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2017, 12:43:14 PM »

It could simply be because it's a long time since she held that kind of dinner. I find it hard to believe that she would break a 1000 year tradition (literally a 1000 year tradition!) so abdicate. If she does though - good for her. And for us. I doubt Fred's up for it and it'll show quickly IMO. Perhaps it would be a good thing for him to have mummy around when things collaps for him even Thinking
tcalvar

Micro Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2017, 12:49:58 PM »

We won't know anything until Thursday, but my guess is perhaps she's planning on cutting back in some fashion? She's been very vocal that she's not going to abdicate but perhaps she intends to make Fred regent? 
Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2017, 01:29:00 PM »

Australian press is going to be on hyperventilation until Thursday... Whistle
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2017, 02:36:55 PM »

I have the weird feeling that it will be a bag of beans: perhaps Marge made Fred prepare a speech in which he vows to take his role more serious? And that (taking a page from the other highly lauded heirs to a throne) both Mary and he are very keen on taking on more work?

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Lizardcandy

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2017, 02:38:29 PM »

Maybe she's I'll? Cancer or severe limiting illness?
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2017, 02:47:53 PM »

Maybe she's I'll? Cancer or severe limiting illness?

A dinner doesn't seem a fitting place to announce a serious illness, I think Confused
Nuno

Gigantic Member

Portugal Portugal

TM The King and Queen of Spain

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2017, 03:07:59 PM »

I'm really curious....no one expected J-C to abdicate and he did, so we'll have to wait  Cool but I don't want to see Queen Mary now  I need to see her curtsying to Leti at least once please 

"You can call me Happiness...yes Queen Happiness. It sounds great!" - Queen Letizia, Red Cross 150th Anniversary Wink

"Hey Cristina, I'm the Queen now :D"
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2017, 03:08:48 PM »

You are right Maria. If Marge had to step down because of a severe illness, then I don't think this would be cause for a formal dinner and chatter.
I honestly think that if it is more than a casual "haven't done that in a while", then it might be that Marge and Fred are planning on "sharing" more responsibilities and Fred will be regent for a lot longer portion of the year.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
tcalvar

Micro Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2017, 03:18:55 PM »

Given that two of the previous three meeting dinners were about major royal announcements, I would suspect that same is true of this one.  I doubt it has to do with a divorce because who would hold a dinner to announce that? 2009 was a one off because the Prime Minister was standing down to become the Secretary General of NATO and that deemed as a major event for the country.  There is no indication something major is happening in government.  

My two hunches are abdication or regency. Also it appears Joachim will also be present.  Despite her denials there were leaks back in January from "Royal Experts" in Denmark that the Queen had changed her views on abdication:
 http://royalcentral.co.uk...rethe-will-abdicate-74750
Trier1

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2017, 03:20:43 PM »

Or she wants to announce that because of gender equality, the consort is from now on only called prince/princess and not queen  Thinking.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2017, 03:20:49 PM »

Given that two of the previous three meeting dinners were about major royal announcements, I would suspect that same is true of this one.  I doubt it has to do with a divorce because who would hold a dinner to announce that? 2009 was a one off because the Prime Minister was standing down to become the Secretary General of NATO and that deemed as a major event for the country.  There is no indication something major is happening in government.  

My two hunches are abdication or regency. Also it appears Joachim will also be present.

REgency would be good! She deserves a break and Fred deserves to fail. Maybe that could make him apply himself.

Curious that Joachim is attending Thinking
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2017, 03:22:42 PM »

LOL, they'll make some changes:
Fred is going to be King and Jocke is to be the consort...Let it all stay in the family. (and for some odd reason I can just picture Jokke in some of Mary's frocks with a tiara)

Mary's life motto:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: