Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Carl Philip and Sofia Expecting Second Child  (Read 14808 times)
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: March 28, 2017, 09:57:35 AM »

IMO CG and Silvia should take part of the blame. AFAIK Carl Philip is nearly the only spare in his age group who does not do something "useful" with his time.

Harry: joined the army at one stage
ML: Mom to three girls and talks to angels  Halo
Constantin: Works despite his family being loaded and so did Friso
Jokke: Stands in all the time if his brother is not able to roll out of bed, was a farmer
Elena: okay, ... another a bit lost cause, but at least keeps a low profile
Felix: makes wine

Have I forgotten anything? Alexander most likely will have to work for a living, so it would be good if his parents were a great example to him and would not throw glass bubbles into wine glasses and call it "design".

I guess in the Netherlands it became clear that the spare and the following ones needed to be self sufficient. Ok they had some pro's and extra's which came with being a royal and coming from a rich family. Among others easy to get to specific positions than others.

In the past, as a child and teenager, Friso already expressed not happy being the spare. As a child he even remarked about Willem-Alexander: "Je mag Alex wel in elkaar slaan, maar niet doodslaan, want dan moet ik koning worden" (= "You may well beat up Alex, but not kill, because then I should be king").
Lovis

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: March 28, 2017, 10:05:29 AM »

IMO CG and Silvia should take part of the blame. AFAIK Carl Philip is nearly the only spare in his age group who does not do something "useful" with his time.

Jokke: Stands in all the time if his brother is not able to roll out of bed, was a farmer

Have I forgotten anything? Alexander most likely will have to work for a living, so it would be good if his parents were a great example to him and would not throw glass bubbles into wine glasses and call it "design".

I don't think so, CG will will give him all he is able to. He already got Stenhammer, I wouldn't be suprised if he would inherit all things that aren't connected to the crown (by the way: I'm curious who will inherit Solliden one day)
Ostermalmstanten

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: March 28, 2017, 12:41:23 PM »

I don't think so, CG will will give him all he is able to. He already got Stenhammer, I wouldn't be suprised if he would inherit all things that aren't connected to the crown (by the way: I'm curious who will inherit Solliden one day)

I agree with Lovis. Stenhammar will never be Alexander's own, but it consists of 2200 hectares of land. Even if he would only visit Stenhammar a couple of times every year and hire staff to take care of the land, he will still earn enough money from Stenhammar that he never has to work a single day in his life.

I really hope that Victoria will inherit Solliden as it's strongly associated with the royal family. As Victoria already has her own house on Solliden I'm afraid that CP will have the castle and Madde the house where her family stay when they are visiting Solliden. If Alexander ever gets a brother I think that he will he will have the house on the French riviera. The house is not private enough for a royal family, so that would be a good compensation for Alexander's brother who "should" be next in line after CP and Alexander and who will live a quite normal life once Victoria is queen.
Imperial Majesty

Small Member

Madeleine's reaction to the wedding

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: April 20, 2017, 03:02:51 AM »

Let's hope the christening will have more impressive outfits. I wonder what will Maddie wear.
Aubiette

Baby Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: April 20, 2017, 04:33:06 AM »

Alexander is beyond adorable and he looks so happy. Just love that picture of him!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: