Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Harry - news and photos V  (Read 20674 times)
LadyCate

Warned
Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: April 13, 2017, 01:49:59 AM »

Look Harry is no dif than any of the RF - he works a pr image.  Ever notice the pattern of his pr - engagement - then adorable pic of Harry with a kid or dog.  And the monthly Mum article.  Harry charm - but I agree - the kid routine is less charming when you are 32 pushing 33.

He has gotten away with the rascal but charming routine for a long time - but he may discover it stops working at a certain point.

He is really immature and at some point a bit of growing up gets necessary.

gudgeon

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: April 13, 2017, 01:53:18 AM »

I haven't stopped singing "How far I'll go" from Disney's Moana all week; I wear my Mickey Mouse ears when I eat supper on my sofa sometimes; I dress my cat up in Darth Vader costumes even though he hates it, but it makes me laugh; the list goes on.

I'm 27. I am also a fully functioning adult. They're not mutually exclusive.

Star  Agreed, Winnifred. Especially since the event (taping the marathon message) was a serious, but not "serious" event, like a memorial...so I don't mind that he's being silly. The message itself was upbeat and cheerful and encouraging - he was full of smiles in the video so clearly in a good mood. This outtake feels in that same spirit - high energy, cheerful.

I don't really see the big deal either, but of course, to each his or her own.  (Oh, now I see the other pictures posted where he is more serious vs playful. IMO he was being "event-appropriate" especially since it appears to be an outtake or at the beginning or end (i.e. not in the official video).)

My adventures in baking: http://bakedtoorder.blogspot.com/ 
Sally_S4054

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: April 13, 2017, 03:39:50 AM »

Absolutely right.  Banana Star In the context of the video, it makes perfect sense and fits the fun and energizing point of the video. Frankly, after the places I have spent the past month seeing the pain people are going through, seeing something as wholesome or silly as this is a breath of fresh air. You can be serious and still have moments of levity. Even such vaunted leaders like Obama are silly sometimes.

Nice to see Harry promoting the marathon. Interesting that he was the one selected to do the main promo video for the HT campaign. A campaign whose function or actual plan to address these issues, I am frankly still puzzled over...

Agree wisdomofheaven and agree still with the whole HT campaign...maybe the runners will be broadcasting their thoughts as they run, in the spirit of "talk about your pain"*

*don't mean to be glib about talking about mental health but when that's literally all they say one can't help but turn it into a joke...

OrangeOrchids

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: April 13, 2017, 01:21:32 PM »

I'm sure it would cause an uproar, but I also wonder if Charles could sell something to Harry at way below market price, just to get around this rule. Like, is there anything stopping him from selling him a house for 1 pound? Do the rules specify the actual value of the sale or just the sales price? I wonder if he could also just rent him a property for his lifetime, his wife's lifetime, all his descendants' lifetimes, etc. It seems like there are always ways to get around rules...

I kind of also wonder what will happen when Willy takes the throne. I could totally see him be nasty to Harry by taking things away or changing agreements. This is why I want QEII and Charles to make the arrangements for Harry ironclad, so the spoiled baby who comes next can't screw over his own brother.

Let us remember that William& Harry were "suppose" to split Diana's jewelry................but Katie ended up  with either most of the good stuff or all of it........wonder what is left (if any
....for Harry to give a future wife and daughter........

So true! I have no doubt that Willy took what he wanted...seems to fit his personality!  I really wonder what Harry thinks about his brother...

identitycrisis - I believe that a pair of Diana's earrings were restyled for Kate so I kind of imagine she has a lot of other jewels...but we just haven't seen them yet (or they are being redesigned, etc.).

I also think that - because Kate has the sapphire ring, she will get the sapphire pieces. IMO, that kind of makes sense. I would think that Harry's wife wouldn't want to wear too much sapphire jewlery (at least, if I were Harry's wife, I wouldn't) since it's so associated with Kate and BigBlue. In my imagination, Harry's wife should get Diana's aquamarine set, and all her pearl jewelry...and then the boys should split the rest - emeralds, diamonds, watches, etc.

Sorry, I've drifted away from the topic!!   Blush

Screw that. If I was Harry and wife I would fight for the Saudi sapphires and the Sapphire choler brooch.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 01:39:57 PM by OrangeOrchids » Logged
Suzy

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: April 13, 2017, 02:22:15 PM »

I haven't stopped singing "How far I'll go" from Disney's Moana all week; I wear my Mickey Mouse ears when I eat supper on my sofa sometimes; I dress my cat up in Darth Vader costumes even though he hates it, but it makes me laugh; the list goes on.

Star  Agreed, Winnifred. Especially since the event (taping the marathon message) was a serious, but not "serious" event, like a memorial...so I don't mind that he's being silly. The message itself was upbeat and cheerful and encouraging - he was full of smiles in the video so clearly in a good mood. This outtake feels in that same spirit - high energy, cheerful.

I don't really see the big deal either, but of course, to each his or her own.  (Oh, now I see the other pictures posted where he is more serious vs playful. IMO he was being "event-appropriate" especially since it appears to be an outtake or at the beginning or end (i.e. not in the official video).)

TBH I do mind him being silly. Of course it's always depending on the situation but the things people found cute and funny and charming in a young carefree boy/man are the things people will dislike most in a grown up man. Just look at Andrew (or Kate and her cute girl act). That's why I think Harry needs to be careful with his silly moments in public. I still believe he has great potential but if he wants to be a well respected representative of HM and the UK there is no room for e.g. sticking out his tongue at children every time he meets them when on official functions. Just imagine our country's HoS or PM would do that. He/She would not last long. JMO

Witchell: Clearly a greater share of royal burden will fall on you and as that happens you will grasp it willingly?
Will: Absolutely willingly. And as that time comes I'll be the first person to put my hand up and take it on. But [] my grandfather is so active [] and unwilling to slow down.
Roll Eyes
KimmySue

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: April 13, 2017, 03:56:18 PM »

TBH I do mind him being silly. Of course it's always depending on the situation but the things people found cute and funny and charming in a young carefree boy/man are the things people will dislike most in a grown up man. Just look at Andrew (or Kate and her cute girl act). That's why I think Harry needs to be careful with his silly moments in public. I still believe he has great potential but if he wants to be a well respected representative of HM and the UK there is no room for e.g. sticking out his tongue at children every time he meets them when on official functions. Just imagine our country's HoS or PM would do that. He/She would not last long. JMO

Suzy, I think you nailed it. Agree with everything you said. Star
AddiesGirl

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: April 13, 2017, 04:56:57 PM »

Star Exactly Suzy, ITA. It's sad, because I used to really get a kick out of Harry and his easy-going attitude. I felt like he was one of my kids (same age group) and have been very protective of him. But his Peter Pan complex is getting old, unless he's in uniform he's playing the clown, not a good look on a grown man. It makes him seem very self-centered and artificial. Same with his SIL's manic facial expressions, very insincere and comes across as disrespectful and like a diversion tactic, 'Looker me, I'm so cute, how can you not love me!'  Dead

?What is the victory of a cat on a hot tin roof??I wish I knew... Just staying on it, I guess, as long as she can...?
― Tennessee Williams, Cat on a Hot Tin Roof
LDJJ

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: April 13, 2017, 07:50:51 PM »

Suzy and AddiesGirl  Star
Suzy

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: April 13, 2017, 10:42:31 PM »

Star Exactly Suzy, ITA. It's sad, because I used to really get a kick out of Harry and his easy-going attitude. I felt like he was one of my kids (same age group) and have been very protective of him. But his Peter Pan complex is getting old, unless he's in uniform he's playing the clown, not a good look on a grown man. It makes him seem very self-centered and artificial. Same with his SIL's manic facial expressions, very insincere and comes across as disrespectful and like a diversion tactic, 'Looker me, I'm so cute, how can you not love me!'  Dead

Beer
I think Peter Pan complex is a good description of it. I wouldn't go as far as you regarding his actions being artificial and self-centered but to me it looks like there is no one giving him honest feedback and telling him to stop when it's too much. I think he is genuine and that he really wants to do a proper job and make his granny and Charles proud but he seems to go by some old formula that maybe worked 10 years ago but is pretty outdated now that he is not in his 20s anymore and a senior royal with real royal (solo) duties. After Vegas when he talked about the three persons in him (army man, prince, private person) I thought it was a stupid explanation/excuse. Yes, these are his roles in life but he made it look as if he is Jekyll, Hyde and Hyde II and can't help it. He is just one person, sometimes more serious and sometimes more relaxed but always Harry, a grown up man who is responsible for his actions 24/7 like every other grown up is. I doubt the MoD was happy about him telling the nation that as a prince Vegasgate was bad but as army man it was alright. Both are representatives of a country and private Harry is the representative of a ruling royal family, so IMO in all three roles it was not alright.
He needs better advisers and someone who isn't afraid to tell him that he is an idiot when he is one. And he needs to stop believing in the media hype (or stop googling himself) and get a lesson in media competency. It's strange but I thought he had become quite good at it in recent years until THAT statement last year...  Snare

Witchell: Clearly a greater share of royal burden will fall on you and as that happens you will grasp it willingly?
Will: Absolutely willingly. And as that time comes I'll be the first person to put my hand up and take it on. But [] my grandfather is so active [] and unwilling to slow down.
Roll Eyes
PruNordstrom

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: April 13, 2017, 10:44:14 PM »

Harry is enjoying a Canadian Easter weekend.

He should enjoy Victoria Day weekend too.
 Wink
gudgeon

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: April 13, 2017, 11:45:51 PM »

That's a good point about the comparison to Kate. For me though, the difference is that she is like that ALL the time. At a memorial, formal events, casual events, always! IMO, Harry seems to be able to keep those lighter moments to...lighter moments. Or, appropriate (again, IMO) situations. E.g., not at a memorial or in church, etc. I also think that world leaders can and do sometimes act silly. Of course, he is not to everyone's political tastes (and I don't mean to stray too far off topic) but I'm sure there are TONS of photos of President Obama being silly when interacting with children. Or, the queen, dancing on that balcony that someone has in their signature.

Anyway, I'm not trying to be argumentative, but IMO there is a HUGE difference between his behavior and Kate's - and I don't see him straying into her territory any time soon...

My adventures in baking: http://bakedtoorder.blogspot.com/ 
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #161 on: April 13, 2017, 11:57:35 PM »

The topic here is news on Harry. Do stop going on about William, Kate et all..
rosella

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: April 14, 2017, 01:14:30 AM »

I think Harry does have several advisers though who would give it to him straight if he asked for advice. Mark Dyer's not a character who goes in for BS and Jamie LP is another.
With regard to the stupid actions at Las Vegas, that was quite a few years ago now.
ortensia

Huge Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: April 14, 2017, 11:20:49 AM »

Wink

" my house is my castle" but what to do when a prince actually comes to your house to spend a long weekend?
I mean,not being able to call a maiden to tide up,for fear of being spied,I guess if I was a royal gf I had to spend the days before not only doing yoga,but double checking and scrubbing any corner of my house!!!!is the fridge immaculate?what if he opens the dishwasher?
Nightmare 💓💓
Suzy

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: April 14, 2017, 02:30:33 PM »

Wink

" my house is my castle" but what to do when a prince actually comes to your house to spend a long weekend?
I mean,not being able to call a maiden to tide up,for fear of being spied,I guess if I was a royal gf I had to spend the days before not only doing yoga,but double checking and scrubbing any corner of my house!!!!is the fridge immaculate?what if he opens the dishwasher?
Nightmare 💓💓

He doesn't visit as prince so he shouldn't expect princely treatment.   I read somewhere that she has help even if he doesn't visit. And maybe the yoga was the distraction from the crowd of people cleaning her house from top to bottom that day.
BTW it would be great if he opens the dishwasher. At least it would prove he is not spoilt enough to let his gf clean up after him like palace staff probably does.

Roll Eyes
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: