Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mary's Jewellery  (Read 173167 times)
ralf103

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #750 on: January 07, 2017, 03:18:03 PM »

Maybe that's why she bought herself a new tiara, so she can finally retire the wedding gift as a tiara and just wear it as a necklace. Really that wedding tiara is pitiful, it mustn't have cost hardly anything so I really wonder why they even bothered buying it for her and didn't just lend her one.

The best bit about it is, if (big IF) Mary and Fred ever divorced she would walk away with two necklaces that can be worn as sad little tiaras.
Elissa

Ginormous Member

France France

Aquamarine for March

Ignore
« Reply #751 on: January 07, 2017, 03:58:25 PM »

Really that wedding tiara is pitiful, it mustn't have cost hardly anything so I really wonder why they even bothered buying it for her and didn't just lend her one.

The family could have let her wear the Khedive tiara for her wedding. Would have been cheaper  no need to buy a new tiara for her (because she would have the ruby parure at her disposal once married) and the Khedive is also family jewel so no need to let her wear it another time.
temi

Huge Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #752 on: January 09, 2017, 04:10:00 AM »

I found a necklace/tiara for Mary that will actually help her finally stand out:
https://www.skullsworld.c...m/products/skull-necklace

esther angeline

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #753 on: January 09, 2017, 07:59:04 PM »

Really that wedding tiara is pitiful, it mustn't have cost hardly anything so I really wonder why they even bothered buying it for her and didn't just lend her one.

The family could have let her wear the Khedive tiara for her wedding. Would have been cheaper  no need to buy a new tiara for her (because she would have the ruby parure at her disposal once married) and the Khedive is also family jewel so no need to let her wear it another time.

I think only the female blood descendants of Queen Ingridnare allowed to get their mitts on that one.  It is bad enough she got to wear the historic veil.
Kittycat_dish

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #754 on: January 28, 2017, 02:21:25 AM »

I'm not sure if these items were posted earlier.  Mosh's aquamarine & pearl choker and earrings appear to have been purchased at a Bruun Rasmussen auction in 2003.

I believe the earrings were altered at a later date:

On a side note, I've seen several Cartier Love Bracelets listed in Bruun Rasmussen auctions... Thinking

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #755 on: January 28, 2017, 02:34:20 AM »

I'm not sure if these items were posted earlier.  Mosh's aquamarine & pearl choker and earrings appear to have been purchased at a Bruun Rasmussen auction in 2003.

I believe the earrings were altered at a later date:

On a side note, I've seen several Cartier Love Bracelets listed in Bruun Rasmussen auctions... Thinking

EXCELLENT sleuthing, Kittycat_dish  Star

chocolate_angel

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #756 on: January 28, 2017, 08:41:56 AM »

ah, interseting, I always wondering where Mosh got the cartier "love bracelet" from...So, in the end Mosh bought herself the love she (in her mind) deserves...
ralf103

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #757 on: January 28, 2017, 02:18:31 PM »

Certainly seems Mary has been quite happy to spend money on new jewels for herself over the years - no wonder they had a span of overspending their budget.

Looking at Mary's new tiara when she wore it more recently it was really impossible to notice the jewels in it, it really did just look like a plain frame plonked on her head.

It seems odd to me that she would buy herself a new tiara when she will, when Queen M passes on, have a whole stash to wear. That really says something about how important Mary sees herself and jewels.
temi

Huge Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #758 on: January 28, 2017, 05:29:31 PM »

I think she's planning ahead for when she's queen - she has two tiara's to give her two daughters, while she wears the "good stuff". And the ruby parure is hers to use until Fred wills it to someone else (Christian?).
Kittycat_dish

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #759 on: January 28, 2017, 07:45:47 PM »

Star PeDe & ralf103 (congrats on 500 posts!)

The photo for Mosh's new earrings isn't great, however, the design is an attempt to mirror the tiara IMO.  I like the earrings purchased with the necklace/tiara better than this pair.  The tiara looks like an antique while the earrings look too new. 

I wonder if Mosh actually pays for most of her wardrobe pieces or if she gets a significant amount of freebies or loans.  If Mares did pay for most of the items over the years, she should have saved the money to purchase a nice tiara or demi parure.  The amount spent on shoes alone (especially multiple pairs of the same color) would add up to a nice sum.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #760 on: February 04, 2017, 08:34:59 PM »

Does that look like an heirloom piece or a auction piece. AFAIK, Denmark does not have any Amethyst jewelry, no?

other brooches

« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 09:07:44 PM by PeDe » Logged

Lille

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #761 on: February 05, 2017, 06:55:07 PM »

More brooches

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #762 on: February 06, 2017, 02:24:23 PM »

More brooches

She tried to copy the Dutch with the Dragonfly brooche?

Royal Me!

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #763 on: February 10, 2017, 09:32:55 PM »

I think Mary's wedding tiara is really pretty as a necklace. I'd give up trying to wear it any other way.

IMO, I think the necklace was given to her ... as a necklace.

Mary made it into a tiara.
She might have jumped the gun ahead of QMII ...
perhaps not knowing that QMII would not have let the future Crown Princess of Denmark
walk down the aisle without a royal tiara.

Tinika

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #764 on: February 11, 2017, 09:21:56 AM »

She looked so much better back then.  Still sour-faced and b*tchy, but better.

Also I love that brooch.  Very Art Nouveau. Shame she hasn't repeated it. 
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: