Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 30   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Danish Crown Prince Couple to Visit Thailand  (Read 36251 times)
Cara

Humongous Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: November 30, 2008, 05:40:35 PM »

It wasn't the Embassy that got them out, it was their rich pals with a private plane! Shocked

lupina

you're right in that they got out on a chartered/private plane. but it's more than likely that the embassy was involved in that.

i was actually talking about the embassy taking care of their citizens in general when there are serious problems. i do not think that there governments urged their citizens to leave or organized planes to get them out. or did they?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 06:47:44 PM by Cara » Logged
Cece

Ginormous Member

presque-zizi

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: November 30, 2008, 07:56:44 PM »

Of course given Our Mary's proclivities, maybe they offered to get stranded Aussies out of the country!!  Spiteful  Mary and Nina have her real priorities in check!
Cece

Ginormous Member

presque-zizi

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: November 30, 2008, 08:01:56 PM »

As stated earlier, Danfoss is the company that was lined up to give Fred and Mares a lift home out of the turmoil of Thailand. They manufacture valves and other accessories for climate control systems, ie. how to make life comfortable for cold climate royals in a tropical country. Here is the company's Vision and Values statement:

With our Vision and Core Values as foundation, Danfoss lives up to the expectations being a responsible world citizen.
This is deeply rooted in our history and culture and it shall be reflected in the way we carry out our daily business.

Danfoss' relationship with all stakeholders shall be characterised by trust. We are, of course, aware that trust must be earned through our actions and corporate reputation.

http://www.danfoss.com/AboutUs/Vision_Values/

I guess the poor slobs who couldn't get a hitch home weren't stakeholders. That's capitalism, baby! May the strong (and rich) survive!
Máxima

Medium Member

Argentina Argentina

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: November 30, 2008, 08:04:47 PM »

And what happened with the poor journalists, photographers, etc, that followed M&F in Thailand??!

I assume they're still in Thailand and couldnt got out in a private plane
Cara

Humongous Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: November 30, 2008, 09:10:31 PM »

And what happened with the poor journalists, photographers, etc, that followed M&F in Thailand??!

I assume they're still in Thailand and couldnt got out in a private plane

they may have been on the plane with the rest of the delegation. or they could have decided to stay and cover the events.  Tongue
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #350 on: November 30, 2008, 09:52:37 PM »

I wouldn't expect them to take anyone home with them but it would have been smart if they toned the visit down. Somehow it seemed very arrogant to me to parade around selling things while the Thais are obviously very upset and the country is in political chaos.
thrilla

Gigantic Member

Desperately seeking one's kabuki makeup& Photoshop

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: November 30, 2008, 09:58:50 PM »

I wouldn't expect them to take anyone home with them but it would have been smart if they toned the visit down. Somehow it seemed very arrogant to me to parade around selling things while the Thais are obviously very upset and the country is in political chaos.

I'm reminded of the expression "fiddling while Rome is burning". 
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #352 on: November 30, 2008, 10:03:46 PM »

I'm reminded of the expression "fiddling while Rome is burning". 

Yes - something like that Beer It just seems so respectless to first of all the Thais but also to the Danes caught in Thailand Blink
jewel

Big Member

HRH Crown Princess Mary of Trademark

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: November 30, 2008, 11:24:19 PM »

it's the embassy's job and responsibility to take care of the danes and get them out in case of danger.

it didn't look like any country undertook anything to get their citizens out. so why would you expect a CP couple to overrule the danish government and its representatives, while being a guest of thailand?

now if somebody was in a life threatening situation, i'd be more likely to expect them to step in, although it'd still be the embassy's primary responsibility... but it didn't sound like there was anything like that going on.
Most decent people would do their utmost to ensure their fellow ciizens were helped, there is no indication they have.

If I were in that situation I would offer my assistance, poilitics has nothing to do with in such circumstances if it means that they coul have helped people escape from an unpleasant situation.

For them to jet in and then jet out of Thailand as though things are perfectly fine when they are not is showing a complete disregard for the people they serve.

Agree Thumb up As a statesman (or at least what his people think he is) who happened to be on spot of the troubled area, Fred should at least made a statement before leaving Thailand: expressing concerns & sympathies toward hundreds (maybe thousands) Danes who were stranded in the country, and offering help to make sure they feel comfortable while waiting. Not just sneaking to military airport and flying out of the country quietly (and spotted having fun with their children on the next day... Whistle)
In the old days, good statesmen/leaders should be the ones who determined to stay to make sure his/her people can feel safe (i.e. George VI & Queen Mother). I understand this Thailand case is different, but at least Fred should should've done (or spoken) something before utilising his priviledge No  
Btw, has he made any statement regarding the safety of Danes in Thailand after he touched down in Copenhagen?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 12:06:30 AM by jewel » Logged
HC

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: November 30, 2008, 11:25:22 PM »

it didn't look like any country undertook anything to get their citizens out. so why would you expect a CP couple to overrule the danish government and its representatives, while being a guest of thailand?

actually, the australian government has been organising buses, temporary accomodation, getting Qantas to organise extra flights and taken other steps to evacuate australians.  i was quite surprised. i haven't heard of other governments doing as much.

australians given their government at hard time and whinge about taxes, but IMO expect a lot of their government when it comes to these types of matters.  the aussie government was also very proactive in accounting for and getting aussies out of mumbai last week.

having lived in many countries around the world, i don't recall any national governments being so active in helping their citizens in these types of situations.  maybe they are but you just don't hear about it??

HC

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: November 30, 2008, 11:35:03 PM »

Agree Thumb up As a stateman (or at least what his people thinks he is) who happened to be on spot of the troubled area, Fred should at least made a statement before leaving Thailand: expressing concerns & sympathies toward hundreds (maybe thousands) Danes who were stranded in the country, and offering help to make sure they feel comfortable while waiting. Not just sneaking to army's airport and flying out of the country quitely (and spotted having fun with their children on the next day... Whistle)
In the old days, good statemen/leaders should be the ones who determined to stay to make sure his/her people can feel safe (i.e. George VI & Queen Mother). I understand this Thailand case is different, but at least Fred should should've been done (or spoken) something before utilising his priviledge No  
Btw, has he made any statement regarding the safety of Danes in Thailand after he touched down in Copenhagen?

jewel, it really makes you wonder doesn't it (or maybe confirms what we suspected all along)?

if mosh and freddles cannot show leadership, compassion, humanity (or common sense and decency) with the situation in thailand, what the hell would they do if there was a far more serious situation like in mumbai or in the event of a war?  absolutely useless imbeciles.  as soon as they heard about the impending situation they should have cancelled their trip.  and once they were stuck in the middle of it, they should have taken some steps (small but visible) to assist Danes or at least offer support (e.g. be seen to be encouraging embassy to organise buses, alternative flights, etc.).

why do Danes put up with this selfishness and arrogance? isn't it the primary role of the DRF to be diplomats and to represent and look out for the interest of the Danish people who give them millions and millions of kroners a year?  or is their role to to buy designer clothing, jewels, hang out at fashion shows, go sailing, take lavish vacations and refurbish various residences with new italian kitchens and 22+ toilets??

mosh and freddles' appalling behaviour in thailand would be enough for me to be lobbying the Danish government to finally pull the plug and let these idiots fend for themselves in the real world.  Real mad

Cece

Ginormous Member

presque-zizi

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: December 01, 2008, 12:50:35 AM »

mosh and freddles' appalling behaviour in thailand would be enough for me to be lobbying the Danish government to finally pull the plug and let these idiots fend for themselves in the real world.  Real mad

To that end, I went to the web sites of the more serious broadsheets and I thought I'd lucked out at Berlingske with a semi-critical tone to this article on Fred meeting the Thai king. No such luck. The editors have actually framed the visit as a kindness on the part of Official Denmark to see how the dear old king is holding up given that his country is smouldering.

Nonetheless, click on the link because the photo that accompanies the article is terrific.
1. Mary's bra is so tight that her back boob is a tube!
2. The queen looks physically ill to be in the company of such boors, quite the contrast to her more happy and gracious appearance with the European royals who bothered (unlike F&M) to come to Thailand a couple of years ago to celebrate the king's birthday.
3. The photo on the table next to Fred is a formal portrait of Mette Marit. Maybe one with Haakon, too, as MM doesn't look centred in the frame. Hilarious! That's what Mary had to look at all evening - a happy loving couple!
http://www.berlingske.dk/...20081126/verden/81126004/

There is, however, a photo series on the same site, illustrating the Clown Prince Couple's visit and all the shots of Mary as centre of attention have her beaming, but in the photos of her interacting with others, she's stern, aloof and wary (check out 16/16!). What a social deviant.
http://www.berlingske.dk/...dtext/81126054/&pic=0
getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: December 01, 2008, 12:58:36 AM »

3. The photo on the table next to Fred is a formal portrait of Mette Marit. Maybe one with Haakon, too, as MM doesn't look centred in the frame. Hilarious! That's what Mary had to look at all evening - a happy loving couple!
http://www.berlingske.dk/...20081126/verden/81126004/

[/quote]

Cece..can't find that photo of MM next to Frex Confused  Blush
does it say so in the article or am I going blind and can't see it... Blush

tak

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: December 01, 2008, 01:13:27 AM »

With our Vision and Core Values as foundation, Danfoss lives up to the expectations being a responsible world citizen.
This is deeply rooted in our history and culture and it shall be reflected in the way we carry out our daily business.

Danfoss' relationship with all stakeholders shall be characterised by trust. We are, of course, aware that trust must be earned through our actions and corporate reputation.

http://www.danfoss.com/AboutUs/Vision_Values/
[/quote]

Thx for this Cece, but I wonder if they actually clarify what these three key words mean: history, culture, and trust?

sounds like it means what you'd like them to mean. Dead

G Snare

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Jane

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Daiz

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: December 01, 2008, 02:19:43 AM »

Somehow it seemed very arrogant to me to parade around selling things while the Thais are obviously very upset and the country is in political chaos.

I agree it was incongrous but that is their actual brief. They were there to draw attention to the trade mission. Thailand has been oin the edge of a meltdown for months ( if not years) it was bad luck for the Danes that this week it went over the precipice. Presumably the Danish Foriegn Office made the decision for the trip to go ahead, so M and F went along as it is their job to show up. It would have looked worse if the delegation had gone ahead with F and M pulling out at the last minute.
I am entertained by the idea that Fred and Mary should be wandering among the thousands of Danes stranded in Bangkok and choosing who to give their private seats out to; I do think there are a few logistical and security issues with this. I don't think the Danish Embassy would find it helpful to have the Crown Prince Couple roaming around Bangkok as well as all the stranded people. I think the most useful thing Fred and Mary could do was to get out from people's way so that there was nobody tied up looking after them. It would be great,of course,  if having arrived in Denmark, they paid Danfoss to go straight back and get another plane load of people. It is unfair that royalty gets the first seat out - it is a completely unfair system - but it is the system that the Danes have at the moment and under the system the royals are entitled to more convenience and protection than anyone else. I imagine the Danish ambassador to Thailand waved them off with considerable relief that their safety was no longer his responsibility.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 30   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: