Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Marie vs. Mary  (Read 201220 times)
Harley
Board Helper
Ginormous Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #765 on: March 15, 2017, 06:43:58 PM »

I don't remember ever reading or seeing anything that suggested that he wasn't close with Alexandra. But then, the whole family came across as much closer pre Mosh.

Not saying that all Asian countries are the same (they're obviously not, just like all African and all European countries aren't), but Henrik also has ties to Asia so he's not alien to that part of the world.

It's not that Marie is French born and Mosh isn't - it's that Marie is nice and Mosh isn't.

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #766 on: March 15, 2017, 07:26:08 PM »

Regarding the relationships between Henrik and his daughters-in-law, I remember when I first started paying attention to the Danish royals in around 2001 and the harsh comments Frederik made about his parenting and his father in particular. I've never gotten the sense that the relationship between father and son has been fully healed. If there's distance between father and one son, it does make sense that son's wife isn't as close to father as the other son's wife.

Mmmm no I disagree. Henrik is a snob, Marie is quite upper-class and Mary is from a pretty downmarket background compared to Marie. Taking into account that Marie is French, and a very warm person, explains the apparent difference here.

This made me wonder about Henrik around Alexandra. How was he with his first daughter-in-law? Close? Cold? She's neither French nor Western and from a relatively humble Far East Asian background...

I remember seeing Henrik quite civil with Mary earlier on, and not so snobbishly avoiding like now (although the now includes Marie when before no Marie, so Henrik has another dil to gravitate towards).

I think he liked Alexandra quite a lot during her marriage with Joachim.

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #767 on: March 15, 2017, 07:29:06 PM »

I don't get the feeling that Henrik prefers Marie due to her being French.  As someone said above, he appeared warm and friendly toward Mosh in the beginning.  I think he liked Alex and Marie simply because they were probably always warm and friendly toward him.  Mosh has never appeared that way, and I'm sure that like most people, it gets rather annoying when you're nice to someone and they're consistently cold toward you in return. 

All hail the future King Nobstante!!
Knight Grand Cross in the Order of the Whorish Spanx
https://31.media.tumblr.c...ine_mzekcuA9Ln1snsa9a.jpg
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #768 on: March 15, 2017, 08:24:13 PM »

I think it is a mixture of both. Henri has been acting very strange lately anyway, whatever the reason is. I think he is French to the core. That Marie is French is appealing to him. She seems to be friendly, elegant and good fun - that is another reason for him to like her.

Alex kind of knew what people expected of her and she grew into that role very fast. It was just that Jokke and her were not a really good match - was it Maria who once said that if the press had not gotten wind of it, it might have blown over without a marriage? I totally agree. I think Alex was very eager to fulfill the role as future princess and in fairness, she was ... her unfortunate choices came after the divorce. Plus she was the mom to Henrik's first two grandchildren ... so I guess that warmed him for her.

If I was Henrik I would not be very found of any of the Frodo clan. Starting with Frodo himself: While Daisy at times can't stand with backpains Frodo is taking things very easy ... His 76 year old mom works hard while Frodo is hardly seen. If he was ready for his role, it would be easier for Daisy as well to sneak to France for the odd week while Frodo was running the show. But Frodo is a lost case. Mary is not nice ... very ambitious and pushy so I think Henri sees through her ... The kids seem very wild, at least at times. So I think it is easier to be drawn to the Shaks - they seem to be more fun anyway.

editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #769 on: March 15, 2017, 08:47:26 PM »

I think he liked Alexandra quite a lot during her marriage with Joachim.

What a charming photo!
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #770 on: March 19, 2017, 04:10:46 AM »

Svenskdam.se has an article and VIDEO (didn't watch it b/c I cannot figure out Swedish) @ 6:20

can some of our Swedish dishers have a peek and see what's up?  Wink

The rift between Mary and Marie: "The relationship has become frostier and frostier"
In the past, the Danish Crown Princess Mary and Princess Marie were seen as sisters, but something has happened between them. Mary celebrated her birthday in February and as example, Marie was not even invited.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 04:15:57 AM by PeDe » Logged

Hester
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Sudan Sudan

Ignore
« Reply #771 on: March 19, 2017, 07:41:58 AM »

Swedish is a much nicer language to listen to than Danish! I listened to the whole thing, understanding about every tenth word! : )
janine1984

Micro Member

Czech Republic Czech Republic

Ignore
« Reply #772 on: March 19, 2017, 08:57:50 AM »

Swedish is a much nicer language to listen to than Danish! I listened to the whole thing, understanding about every tenth word! : )
Every tenth word? Congratulation! I understand ten words at most - og, med, mary, marie, princ harry, og, med Smiley Wink
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: