Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gustav & Carina  (Read 9819 times)
lynda

Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« on: August 18, 2008, 06:55:19 PM »

Gustav & Carina have been very quiet.  The last time I remembered them being in Denmark was for the 40th Birthday party.
Did they go to China to watch his sister Nathalie compete ??
Cece

Ginormous Member

presque-zizi

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008, 04:58:41 AM »

From BB #32

1. Interview with Gustav and Carina, from the gardens at Graasten, mostly on the occasion of her 40th birthday. "It was just the two of us"

They talk about how it's funny that everyone thinks she's so much younger than Gustav, but it's only by five months. She doesn't mind being asked her age. The first birthday she really remembers was her 5th. Her mother had sewn her a green dress and was promised she could ride a pony. Gustav had hurt his back, but is in fine form for the birthday for which he's got a big surprise for Carina since this is such a special birthday. Carina hopes to get many presents because she loves to unwrap pressies.

2. They met six years ago and have been together five years and have lived together three years, but only went public at the wedding of Phillip of Hesse (Amber's Thailand lay) in 2006. They were invited to the same dinner each by a separate German friend, the friends knowing each other. So it was a set-up. Her mobile rang the second she walked into the room and as she took it Gustav thought, she's really beautiful. Her phone kept ringing so he got her number, went to the other side of the room and called her. They both smiled and spent the rest of the evening together. 'It was a clever trick', says Carina.

Carina also goes by the name Lynn (!) and is the oldest of three so she says 'I'm the boss'. She's from Santa Cruz, California where her family still is. She mostly speaks English with Gustav since she speaks German with some difficulty still. Her French and Spanish are perfect and she also speaks a bit of Danish: her greeting and goodbye to the reporter.  Roll Eyes
Cece

Ginormous Member

presque-zizi

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 05:23:37 AM »

From BB #32

1. 'I love nature and to be outdoors', says Carina. She and Gustav spend lots of time with his two black Labradors. Gustav lived in London for two years but always considered Berleberg home where nature surrounds the castle. He and his father work well together. Carina moved to Paris when she was 20 and was there when she and Gustav got to know each other. 'Paris and London are okay, but I love Copenhagen', she says. It's such a beautiful city with so much culture and wonderful restaurants. I think the Danes are really friendly and obliging. With my Danish friends, even if they've got jobs and kids and homes, they'll be there if I call. French and German women disappear once they have kids.'

Carina naturally hangs out with Mary if the Crown Princess has the time. We definitely don't see the Crown Princess every time we're in DK, but as cousins, we can of course call each other. Carina's not just a shopper. 'But when you live at Berleberg, that's easy to be', she says. Carina and Mary both have the problem of being very far from their families, but says they survive on emails and phone calls.

Inset: Carina's a good cook. She cooks for them in their apartment on the grounds of the castle. Whenever Benedikte is away, they eat with Prince Richard which means they usually eat 'eisbein' with sauerkraut. 'My father loves German cooking, but we think it's a little heavy', says Gustav.

2. Carina has presented Gustav to her Swedish rellies. Carina's also a children's author with her books starring Nigel the Dragon, says Carina who has been accepted warmly at Berleberg and is known as Frau Axelsson, even though she and Gustav aren't married. Asked if she would like to become a princess, she says 'princess or Mrs. Axelsson, it doesn't matter to me. It would have if I were 20, but I'm 40 now. I'm happy about my life. Many couples live together without being married'. Gustav says, 'our situation is special and my whole family has been very accepting. Carina has been welcomed by everyone.' Carina says, 'Princess Benedikte and Prince Richard have been so fantastic with me and I've felt warmth from the royal family as well. The queen and Prince Henrik have been unbelievably sweet and generous with me.' She and Gustav do hope one day to become legally husband and wife. God's in charge, says Gustav. Asked if they would like children, Gustav says 'we leave it in God's hands.'

3. Carina at the Graasten summer concert, typically held after the photo session on the steps.
lynda

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2008, 05:54:49 PM »

Nice interview, she came across very well and very mature.
shoshanah

Humongous Member

New Zealand New Zealand

getting ready for a date with Shosh

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2008, 08:17:24 PM »

She is 40?

Ugly Betty

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2008, 11:05:22 PM »

I would have placed her at 45.  Boy, that girl needs some serious dental work.
jamerican

Micro Member

Canada Canada

I think she's cute!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2008, 03:56:40 AM »

That made me laugh, Betty- I was thinking the same thing.

"Life ain't short.. Life is long, especially if you make the wrong decisions."
-Chris Rock
autumn

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2008, 07:32:13 PM »

Carina has a strange smile
Chris

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2008, 09:33:51 PM »

You're right, UB.  She's definitely got a Madonna tooth gap working there.  But he's no prize either, so maybe they're happy with each other as they are.  And why aren't they married?  Is he the one whose grandfather's will says he can't marry a non-royal?  Or is he just not that into her? 
Ugly Betty

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2008, 09:53:20 PM »

You're right, UB.  She's definitely got a Madonna tooth gap working there.  But he's no prize either, so maybe they're happy with each other as they are.  And why aren't they married?  Is he the one whose grandfather's will says he can't marry a non-royal?  Or is he just not that into her? 

At least the rest of Madonna's teeth look like actual human teeth.  Carina looks as though a bunch of randomly shaped off-white rocks were put in her mouth.  No wonder her 'modeling' career stalled before it began.

Gustav would lose everything if he married Carina since she doesn't meet at least two of the requirements of a Berleberg bride.  He is obviously into her but apparently loves the estate more.  A real woman wouldn't tolerate such treatment.
Michelle

Gigantic Member

I smell bogan approaching

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2008, 10:09:41 PM »

Gustav would lose everything if he married Carina since she doesn't meet at least two of the requirements of a Berleberg bride.  He is obviously into her but apparently loves the estate more.  A real woman wouldn't tolerate such treatment.

Exactly!!  Gustav loves Carina but he doesn't want to part away from the land and such that would be taken away from him if he marries her.  He knew the requirements that were expected for his bride in order to be able to inherit the estate but now he wants to have his cake and eat it too.  But in this case he is having trouble swallowing it down.

stephanyjml

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2008, 06:24:22 AM »

Gustav and his father are apparently contesting the will but, from what I've read, it doesn't look good.

Carina does have an odd smile. Sometimes I think she looks really good, and other times I think she looks funny.
Ugly Betty

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2008, 02:14:17 PM »

Gustav and Richard have been contesting the will for years to no avail. 

Carina looks okay in profile when she isn't smiling.  The impact of the bad teeth and potato nose is too cruel to inflict on innocent people.
ronda

Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2008, 06:37:23 PM »

I don't know what is worse, her hideous jaw choppers or his white wobbly Mr Bean knees.     
    These two are painful to look at.....  Yikes

Smiley...Knowledge is Power...Smiley
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2008, 07:18:55 PM »

Carina is 40?! Huh? I've always thought she was a lot younger than that.

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: