Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Japanese Royals News  (Read 261778 times)
MidnightDiamond

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #915 on: January 26, 2017, 07:10:03 AM »

To be honest, I pity ALL members of this family, not just Masako, Aiko and Naruhito.

I used to not like Kiko but she has grown on me. It's not her fault that Masako had a girl instead of a boy and when Masako was ill, Kiko was needed to take over but then she is disliked for doing so. I don't think it's fair because what was she supposed to do?

I find myself feeling for both women as that can't have been an easy situation for either of them. I also don't really see the need to always pit women against each other as rivals just because they're in the same family.

As someone who's on her way well into the "Doctor, I need help conceiving"-land while having a very pregnant sil, I find it very easy to sympathise with the pain they must both have had regarding the "Masako fertility" issue.

In the end, they're all super restricted and I don't envy them one bit. Sad I hope there's room to breathe when cameras are off.

THANK YOU. I said something similar a few pages back--I'm sure Kiko was under just as much pressure to have a boy during those same years-probably for even longer since she married in several years before. It's not her fault Masako wasn't able to have a son.
It is really not fair to put them against each other and say that Kiko wishes she was going to be Empress. People say that because she's around so much, well yeah-she has to be! If Masako can't be there-Kiko is the next in the line up, it's simple birth order.  Can't we admire her for taking on so many of Masako's responsibilities so that Masako can rest?

Um.  Kiko was more than happy to stick the knife in Masako's back when the opportunity presented itself.

After Prince Naruhito called out the IF and repressive structure for trying to destroy his wife's personality; Kiko publicly stated how well she had adapted to the imperial life when she married....thus minimizing Masako's difficulties and 'blaming her'.

Kiko is stone cold.  After many years of living with a philandering husband, and in a repressive system within a repressive society...that charming young girl who entered the royal family is gone.

What is the proof her husband cheated?
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #916 on: January 26, 2017, 09:44:37 PM »

Bumbershoot, I heard the same praise of Kiko, so I am another one who doesn't subscribe to the "stone cold bitch"-story.
But of course the diplomats I heard it from only see the official side of the people and not the private faces.
In any case the diplomat couple  I know said, Kiko was very lovely, very sweet and very warm and seemed quite protective of both Michiko and Masako during the event.
Her daughters were very typical young japanese girls: extremely shy, with those suppressed giggles and the downcast glances.

From afar there are two possible scenarios for the Kiko-Masako-male offspring dilemma:
A) Kiko saw the chance to at least become mother of the emperor, since wife of the emperor was out of the question. And she has been milking the position of vice-crownprincess while her poor sil was too sick to work for all it's worth and enjoying every minute of it
B) When Masako was at the point of total break-down and yet another ill-fated pregnancy might have sent her into the final abyss, Kiko took the heat and provided a relief. Would the grey men have accepted a female succession? Or would they have hunted Masako until she gave out?

I assume, I simply like the second scenario better, and since it does go with the nicer Kiko-image I am going with this one. I somewhat like both Masako and Naruhito and find their struggle so very sad. The idea of their family being there for them, supporting them and having their back is just ...nicer.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
just a serf

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #917 on: January 27, 2017, 04:05:31 AM »

Aiko reappeared by occasion of her 15th birthday. She lost so much weight  Yikes No I hope everything is alright.

Very sad to see her so ill.

"I haven't played since I stopped." - Waity Middleton
"You only have it if you've got it." - James, Marquis of Mallow
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #918 on: January 27, 2017, 04:04:04 PM »

Oh oh, these are bad pictures, she is incredibly thin and her hair looks like even thinner, you should not be able to see the skin along the parts so easily. Poor little one, I hope she will be all right soon.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Harley
Board Helper
Ginormous Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #919 on: January 27, 2017, 04:05:58 PM »

She looks really ill  Sad Poor Aiko. I hope I'm mistaken here.

Kimothy

Baby Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #920 on: February 10, 2017, 12:32:29 AM »

According to these articles, she lost a lot of weight recently due to stress. Poor thing!  Sad

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2016/12/01/national/princess-aiko-turns-15-studies-official-duties/#.WJ0ISdQrJQI

http://royalcentral.co.uk/international/japanese-imperial-family/princess-aiko-turns-fifteen-72607

Where did the little girl go??

bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #921 on: February 10, 2017, 03:06:52 AM »

Aiko is at a very competitive school: Gakshuin, the former peers' school. And she's at an age when she is probably going to  juku -- cram schools -- after class as part of her preparation to take entrance examinations for high school and college. These exams add so much stress to young Japanese kids' lives.

I once met someone in Japan whose three-year-old son was going to juki after pre-school, to prepare him for the entrance examination for kindergarten. It was a way of getting the first foot onto the ladder of upward mobility.
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #922 on: Yesterday at 05:09:03 PM »

Naruhito turned 57 yesterday and new pictures from the family were made public. Aiko looks even more skinny than she did on her birthday pictures  No No No

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
Curtains

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #923 on: Yesterday at 05:19:03 PM »

Oh, no, dear Aiko....

For her health and sanity, I hope to God that they can find a safe haven for her somewhere.  If her schoolmates are bullying her literally to death, time to find another refuge away from the insanity of the suffocation.

"Some of it's magic, and some of it's tragic: but I had a good life, all the way." - Jimmy Buffet, America's premiere poet
LittleThunder

Huge Member

France France

Forever my Queen.

Ignore
« Reply #924 on: Yesterday at 08:11:56 PM »

Now, I'm really worried for Aiko.  Sad

Oh, no, dear Aiko....

For her health and sanity, I hope to God that they can find a safe haven for her somewhere.  If her schoolmates are bullying her literally to death, time to find another refuge away from the insanity of the suffocation.

I hope for the same, after all she isn't a male heir, the agency could/should protect her from any destructive pressure, but her mother's long sufferings aren't making me optimist. Let's hope her father can support her needs.

onar

Mini Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #925 on: Yesterday at 08:39:45 PM »

Aiko is disappearing more and more, every time we see her. I hope they'll give her the proper health and she'll recover unless they bury the problem in order to provide a perfect image.
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #926 on: Yesterday at 09:12:59 PM »

That poor child.
mjkimura1976

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #927 on: Yesterday at 10:39:16 PM »

Not to state the obvious, but she looks horrible. While all we can do is speculate, is this the intense pressure from school? Not just being bullied, but the regular intense pressure of the Japanese school system? I feel sad that even though Naruhito and Masako want to do something for her, they in all likelihood can't because of the intense pressure they themselves are under. I just feel bad for her.
Lille

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #928 on: Yesterday at 11:52:14 PM »

For some reason most photos coming out of Japan of their royal family spook the hell out of me ... often for reasons I can't really put my finger on (although here it's quite obvious)
Princess BlueEyes

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #929 on: Today at 01:20:26 AM »

I won't speculate on the why, however she looks beyond thin.  IF this is more than just a natural slimming or stress induced....the family is often the last to know.

I pray that if she is unwell or going through something significant, that she receives help before serious health issues arise.

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: