Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The weather where you are  (Read 118918 times)
cowgrrl

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1575 on: March 30, 2017, 04:54:17 AM »

Horrendous storms last night.  Woke up to huge limbs in both the backyard & front yard.  Thankfully our power didn't go out but others did & apparently it still isn't back on in a few areas.
Possibly tornados but I haven't heard anything definite.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #1576 on: March 30, 2017, 04:57:37 AM »

WTF

Ranting Ranting Real mad Real mad Ranting Real mad Real mad

It's 2:12AM right now, and I just came in from shoveling heavy, water-laden ice snow away. Even my dog was freaking out when taking him out for last pee.

I've had it, and am officially hybernating.
Peeds dear, have a  Beer (it's hot chocolate, not beer Tongue).  My shoveling days are long over (oh, the joys of not being responsible for outdoor maintenance), but I remember very clearly what it was like, right down to my frozen toes. And the 2 winters I lived in your neck of the woods we got hit with a couple of blizzards that were every bit as bad as any I've experienced in Chicago! Take heart - winter is almost over! Hug

I just saw your comforting message, edit  Hug

It was a short shoveling stint...HALELLUJAH....and now I'm well riding my bike to work again....it's the cray-cray one on her red broom, diddle-daddling down the side walk packed like donkey...LOL  Hug

lellobeetle

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #1577 on: March 30, 2017, 06:48:47 AM »

Been very nice here, lately. 50 something Fahrenheit and about 11 degrees Celsius

onar

Small Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #1578 on: March 30, 2017, 08:29:15 AM »

The last 2-3 weeks had very nice days, you knew that Spring is here. Warm weather, only a gentle brease... Now I see that is about to rain and the air is colder than the previous days.
Princess BlueEyes

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #1579 on: March 30, 2017, 08:47:12 PM »

36° F, (little over 2° C) rain and wind.   

Margaret

Large Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1580 on: March 31, 2017, 03:49:58 AM »

We're getting the tail end of Cyclone Debbie that crossed the coast in north/central Queensland a couple of days ago and since then has wreaked havoc along the Queensland coast and down into the Northern Rivers area of New South Wales.  The rain has stopped but in NSW we're getting the strong winds now.  Roads are closed near me but we are on high ground so not flooded, but the river breached the levee at Lismore, flooding the town and causing evacuations.  The floodwaters are not yet at their highest in the area. Murwillumbah also flooded and evactuated.  http://www.abc.net.au/new...in,-winds,-floods/8402788   
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1581 on: March 31, 2017, 11:19:12 AM »

Sunny and warm!! Hello Spring

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
cordtx

Warned
Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1582 on: March 31, 2017, 01:35:24 PM »

Hope you're ok, Margaret!

There's a feeling I get when I look to the West....and my Spirit is crying for leaving
Margaret

Large Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1583 on: April 02, 2017, 03:05:08 PM »

Hope you're ok, Margaret!

Thank you for your kind thoughts.   We are fine.  We are nowhere near the flooded areas.  We had a tiny bit of inconvenience, but nothing of consequence.  Unlike the people of Lismore.  We went there today.  The roads into the area had opened overnight but some local roads were still under water.  It is hard to comprehend the amount of water that had been there.  My husband and I were overwhelmed by the experience.  I had been there for a conference only last weekend, and the building our meeting was in had had 2 metres of water through it; the ground floor had been flooded.  And the carpark where I had parked my car for two days last weekend had been inundated.  If my car had been parked there, there would have been three feet of water over the top of it. The whole of the Lismore CBD has been flooded.  Every shop and business had up to three metres of water through it.  And that's only the CBD.  There are also all the houses that were similarly flooded.  When we were there people were sweeping out the floors and piling up the waterlogged trading stock in the streets.  It has devastated the area.  We didn't stay long as we felt like ghouls.  Neither of us is fit enough to be of any help in clearing up so we left.  Unless you see that scale of devastation in person you can't really envisage it.  Just seeing it on TV the scale of the problem doesn't sink in. I've never seen anything like it. It was a very sobering sight.
lothwen

Warned
Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #1584 on: April 03, 2017, 03:24:31 AM »

Calls for sunny skies until Wednesday,  then rain the rest of the week

Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: