Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 181   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Carina Axelsson - unofficial princess  (Read 416396 times)
Galuh

Ginormous Member

Tuvalu Tuvalu

Mary & Michael, twins separated at birth?

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2009, 02:36:44 AM »

Sorry but he needs to worry about his duty first.  Where will the title and property go if he doesn't produce an heir?   I'm sure there are some lovely, suitable girls he could marry.  Unfortunately, Carina has entangled herself so much into his life so what woman would want to take a chance with Gustav.

I'm pretty sure Berleburg house has list of succesors who has right to be head of the house if Gustav is childless.

So far Carina is allowed to company Gustav to formal events, his circle seems to have accepted her as Gustav's girlfriend, she does some "princess duties" she even gets loaned family's tiaras then I won't be surprised if he has signed something to secure her place.
Imo, this might be the best solution for Gustav to keep his position and lives with her while he can not marry her.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 03:10:01 AM by Galuh » Logged

Cece

Ginormous Member

presque-zizi

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2009, 02:40:16 AM »

Sorry but he needs to worry about his duty first.  Where will the title and property go if he doesn't produce an heir?  I'm sure there are some lovely, suitable girls he could marry.  Unfortunately, Carina has entangled herself so much into his life so what woman would want to take a chance with Gustav.
I'm pretty sure Berleburg house has list of succesors who has right to be head of the house if Gustav is childless.
So far Carina is allowed to company Gustav to formal events; his circle seems to have accepted her as Gustav's girlfriend; she does some "princess duties", she even gets loaned family's tiara then I won't be surprised if she has signed something to secure her place.
Imo, this might be the best solution for Gustav to keep his position and lives with her while he can not marry her.

But chère Galuh, you keep pointing out how nice this is for HIM. Agreed! Carina, however, has zero power as far as I can tell. Wearing a headache-inducing tiara every once in a while doesn't make up for thatty! It's a pretty bizarre arrangement that an otherwise 'modern' woman has accepted.
Galuh

Ginormous Member

Tuvalu Tuvalu

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2009, 02:47:59 AM »

So far Carina is allowed to company Gustav to formal events; his circle seems to have accepted her as Gustav's girlfriend; she does some "princess duties", she even gets loaned family's tiara then I won't be surprised if she has signed something to secure her place.

But chère Galuh, you keep pointing out how nice this is for HIM. Agreed! Carina, however, has zero power as far as I can tell. Wearing a headache-inducing tiara every once in a while doesn't make up for thatty! It's a pretty bizarre arrangement that an otherwise 'modern' woman has accepted.
My mistake it should be written " he has signed something to secure her place", and probably with family's blessing.

Summer

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2009, 02:49:50 AM »

Sorry but he needs to worry about his duty first.

A prince living in a republic has a rather reduced 'duty.'   He doesn't get money from the Danish or German people for the 'job' of prince.  I have never heard of him pushing himself into the limelight, grab freebies, or involve himself in politics, so I tend to feel he has the right to a private life free from comment. 

He lives with someone he's not married to, and he hasn't been in a rush to procreate - So?  He's obviously learned from his disastrous engagement to that French noblewoman, put his foot down, and refused a traditional royal/noble marriage. 

So far, I like him a lot more than his cousin. Grin
Michelle

Gigantic Member

I smell bogan approaching

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2009, 03:02:07 AM »

He's obviously learned from his disastrous engagement to that French noblewoman, put his foot down, and refused a traditional royal/noble marriage. 

Elvire was not a noble.  She was upper class but not from the french aristocracy.  Gustav was willing to marry her though she wasn't a protestant blue-blood and loved her enough to put a ring on her finger (for a while).  Interestingly enough, HAD there been a wedding between them, the inheritance would have been lost from him for good since Elvire didn't meet his grandfather's requirements.

Charlotte

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2009, 03:03:44 AM »

His duty to his family is to produce an heir.  These princely families still take their history and titles seriously even if the state doesn't.  So I say he ought to get married to a suitable girl and have some kids.  I'm sure he's always known the conditions of the will.  He should suck it up, drop the girl, and hurry up and get married and have some kids.  If I were his mom I would take it as a slap in the face if he didn't do this.  

As you can imagine I'd make one cruel princely mother.  

Also, what are the conditions of the will besides him marrying an aristocrat.  Is there a provision allowing him to marry a non-aristo as long as she is of a certain religion or nationality?

Michelle

Gigantic Member

I smell bogan approaching

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2009, 03:08:56 AM »

Also, what are the conditions of the will besides him marrying an aristocrat.  Is there a provision allowing him to marry a non-aristo as long as she is of a certain religion or nationality?

She has to be white, a protestant and either royal or noble.

dwi

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2009, 03:10:47 AM »

Yes, in some ways she does seem like a waity-Kaity.  I can't imagine that she is happy with this relationship and no marriage.  It has to be the perks.  Even people who are in love will leave the person if they don't commit to marriage.  Unfortunately, many of them do it after they've wasted lots of years with their boy/girl friends.  Seems she's in this group.  I also thought about children after reading the thread; I can't imagine that they're planning on children as that would really be a scandal if there's no marriage.  I think it reflects more on him that he doesn't love her enough to give it all up & just marry her.  Plus she is at the age that a pregnancy could be difficult and is considered risky.  I do hope that she didn't always want children and has given that up for him, esp. since he (so far) hasn't given up anything for her.  

Also, at this point she is accustomed to a certain lifestyle, so I'm sure it would be difficult to leave it and I wonder if she left him if that royal circle would bother with her anymore.  Hopefully he does have provisions for her because if something happened to him, they'd have her out-of-that-place in a New York minute, with nothing but the clothes on her back; afterall she is not family and certainly not by blood.    Whistle Whistle Whistle
Charlotte

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2009, 03:14:15 AM »

She has to be white, a protestant and either royal or noble.

So does she have to be born Protestant or could she just convert to Protestantism.  I'm thinking if it were the latter Carina would have done it in a minute.  

How long have these two been together?  She should not have put herself in this position. 

Maybe Beneditcke could have another son?   Yikes

dwi

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2009, 03:30:30 AM »

Yeah, but she still doesn't fill the noble/royal bit, so she's still in a no-win situation.

His grandfather sure did make it impossible for him to find someone, muchless someone he'd love and want to marry.  Those qualifications are outdated for royals now. 
Galuh

Ginormous Member

Tuvalu Tuvalu

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2009, 03:37:26 AM »

I can't imagine that she is happy with this relationship and no marriage.  It has to be the perks.  Even people who are in love will leave the person if they don't commit to marriage[/b].  Unfortunately, many of them do it after they've wasted lots of years with their boy/girl friends.  Seems she's in this group.
There are couples who aren't married but they're together for long time even until the end of their life; and Carina could belong to this group Wink.

Ot, princess Elisabeth of Denmark and her BF remain unmarried to keep her position as throne successor, aren't they?

Quote from:
  I also thought about children after reading the thread; I can't imagine that they're planning on children as that would really be a scandal if there's no marriage.  I think it reflects more on him that he doesn't love her enough to give it all up & just marry her.  Plus she is at the age that a pregnancy could be difficult and is considered risky.  I do hope that she didn't always want children and has given that up for him, esp. since he (so far) hasn't given up anything for her. 
I heard rumours that Carina has problem to become pregnant, has anyone ever heard about it  Thinking if it's true then it might be one of the reason they don't really care with a wedding.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 04:15:33 AM by Galuh » Logged

Charlotte

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2009, 03:43:38 AM »

Sorry but Gustav and Carina are not like other couples.  I know that Germany is a republic but these princely families still serve their purpose.  Ok maybe so in a much more narrow and confined world, but still it's important for these families to uphold tradition and history. 

I'm not sure titles are passed through the female line-with the exception of QM-in the DRF so Elisabeth's situation doesn't matter.

Summer

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2009, 03:45:31 AM »

Michelle, you definitely know your royals    Elvire's sounded very regal - I figured the marriage was arranged and he got cold feet because of the money.  

What exactly is this inheritance anyway?  Does he lose the castle, the title, the money or all of the above if he marries one of the 99.99999999999% of women who don't fit Grandad's criteria?  

BTW, I wonder what Benedikte thinks of this.  She seems quite a formidable.
Cece

Ginormous Member

presque-zizi

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2009, 03:55:33 AM »

His duty to his family is to produce an heir.

No human being has such a 'duty' in the sense that it is a requirement. It is a natural enough desire to have children that most people end up doing it, but it is no requirement.

There are plenty of male cousins to take over the castle, family traditions and estate. And there is nothing Gustav's father can do about it. Parents can't dictate the terms of their children's lives. But in this instance, if I were Carina, I'd want some terms drawn to my life!

Galuh darling, perhaps you're right, and they have made legal arrangements. I'd hope so, because she gets nothing otherwise. I hope she's happy and has stood up for herself so that her needs are met. Many women will just let the man dictate the terms of the relationship and stew silently in their own juices without speaking up out of fear they'll lose him or sound 'like a bitch'. Lord have mercy.
Pixie

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2009, 04:25:24 AM »

In the photo she looks like she's working on illustrations.. could she still have a job in that industry?  She could still be making money.  

I wouldn't choose to wait around myself, but maybe some people don't mind wasting their best years and wind up with nothing in the end?  Who knows
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 181   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: