Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mette-Marit - NEWS  (Read 492857 times)
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #2040 on: December 04, 2016, 03:12:56 PM »

MM is sick again... sorry, not buying it. She's the original Lazy one...

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #2041 on: December 04, 2016, 09:09:00 PM »

Back to the coffee:
I didn't even see the little coffee-cart in the back. LOL, poor MM apparently neither.
I will need to defend Miss Marple:
Perhaps it is indeed a regional thing, but in this neck of the woods (which I share with Miss Marple) a coffee on the go is not yet as "common" as eg in the US. And you hardly see people (men and women!!) above the cool and hip age walking around or walking into their office buildings with a paper cup in their hands. In any case last I checked if you attended some official formal meeting you neither opened your own lunchbox at the conference table, nor did you pour yourself a cup from your thermos. And the paper cup is only a slight upgrade to this.
(Miss Marple are we showing our age??)

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #2042 on: December 04, 2016, 10:10:41 PM »

Back to the coffee:
I didn't even see the little coffee-cart in the back. LOL, poor MM apparently neither.
Perhaps it is indeed a regional thing, but in this neck of the woods (which I share with Miss Marple) a coffee on the go is not yet as "common" as eg in the US. And you hardly see people (men and women!!) above the cool and hip age walking around or walking into their office buildings with a paper cup in their hands. In any case last I checked if you attended some official formal meeting you neither opened your own lunchbox at the conference table, nor did you pour yourself a cup from your thermos. And the paper cup is only a slight upgrade to this.

Star We are  Wink
Tulip of Nonsense

Medium Member

Monaco Monaco

Je chante donc je suis...

Ignore
« Reply #2043 on: December 05, 2016, 04:01:30 PM »

Back to the coffee:

Star We are  Wink

Aha-a-a-a... Thinking Let's take life by storm then!  Hug ... if I may  Confused

"I was given a degree by a college of unbeautiful nonsense... And I have kissed a prince in a land where men grind their wheat in the sky..."
Melville Davisson Post
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #2044 on: December 05, 2016, 04:12:01 PM »

Hug  Champagne Back to the topic .... at least we are not sick and ready to rumble. Her "I am taking December off" is ridiculous and has been going on for some time if I recall right.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #2045 on: December 05, 2016, 09:36:06 PM »

Not sick but heck, I'd very much like to have December off as well. I am very good at coloring books as well (darn that was another royal with December off), and I feel a stiff neck and a cough coming......

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #2046 on: December 06, 2016, 05:49:02 AM »

I had a cold (not flu) that took me over two weeks to get over. I not only worked but traveled for work and worked late into the night. I had to carry tissue papers everywhere, including meetings. I popped day Qual and Night Qual like candies. I didn't call in sick for even one day. I'm the worker bee who has to put in the work to get paid. I didn't bag a prince.  Sad
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #2047 on: December 06, 2016, 12:27:20 PM »

I had a cold (not flu) that took me over two weeks to get over. I not only worked but traveled for work and worked late into the night. I had to carry tissue papers everywhere, including meetings. I popped day Qual and Night Qual like candies. I didn't call in sick for even one day. I'm the worker bee who has to put in the work to get paid. I didn't bag a prince.  Sad

Reminded me of my dad some years ago, when his working life already ended (pension).
He was sitting opposite from me, suffering from a severe cold (wouldn't be surprised if he also had a fever). But I had a hard time of ushering him into bed (taking a rest/allowing to be sick). Then I heard him stammer:  I still would have gone to the office if I felt this way during my working life!
cordtx

Warned
Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #2048 on: December 07, 2016, 04:08:49 AM »

I just got over this cold, I hope you feel better now, it sucked. Started having trouble taking a deep breath before I called in sick and so I didn't get my clinic patients sick.
MM might get a break from us if she didn't use the " sick" excuse  over and over  Confused

There's a feeling I get when I look to the West....and my Spirit is crying for leaving
ortensia

Huge Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #2049 on: December 07, 2016, 10:07:13 AM »

funny how different it is in different countries.

over here when a colleague is sick the general heartless reaction of the others is "go die somewhere else".
in italy there is not the least sympathy for those who stay at work while sneezing,spreading the virus.

so at the office there can be sick heroes,but they are given death stares and get very aloof reactions from the (still) healthy ones.

homo homini lupus!

ciao girls,let's drink orange juice and eat our vegetables in order to keep the virus away! and for those of you who are already sick with a cold...get well soon and do a MM staying fuzzy and warm under your bed covers (for a day or two). kisses!

Suzy

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #2050 on: December 07, 2016, 10:19:37 AM »

funny how different it is in different countries.

over here when a colleague is sick the general heartless reaction of the others is "go die somewhere else".
in italy there is not the least sympathy for those who stay at work while sneezing,spreading the virus.

so at the office there can be sick heroes,but they are given death stares and get very aloof reactions from the (still) healthy ones.

homo homini lupus!

ciao girls,let's drink orange juice and eat our vegetables in order to keep the virus away! and for those of you who are already sick with a cold...get well soon and do a MM staying fuzzy and warm under your bed covers (for a day or two). kisses!

Beer Similar in my country although it sometimes depends on where you work. But it's mostly frowned upon to come to work obviously sick. Yesterday I was grocery shopping and a woman working at one of the checkouts was sneezing and coughing all the time while touching every item of what people wanted to buy. Nothing heroic about that imo.

Witchell: Clearly a greater share of royal burden will fall on you and as that happens you will grasp it willingly?
Will: Absolutely willingly. And as that time comes I'll be the first person to put my hand up and take it on. But [] my grandfather is so active [] and unwilling to slow down.
Roll Eyes
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #2051 on: December 07, 2016, 10:33:11 AM »

I once had two coworkers, one was the trooper like Laprincess and the other one the perpetual sick leave girl, who would call in sick when she got a paper cut, since it could develop into blood poisoning if not treated well.
I think there is actually a milewide boulevard between. Anybody should make sure that they as healthy as possible, if some sickness needs some bedrest then do that. The "not spreading sickness thru the office" however is not entirely valid, since by the time you are sick enough to stay at home, you have usually spread enough bugs to infect a football Stadion (that why by the time the schools inform the parents that lice/scarlet fever/Montezuma's revenge is rampant, there is very little you can do but hope). Question is how productive you are when you are feeling pretty shitty.
MM however reminds me of one of my girl's friends: she always develops a severe case of stomach ache when she sleeps someplace else. Clear case of "I just don't want to"

Mary's life motto:
Tulip of Nonsense

Medium Member

Monaco Monaco

Je chante donc je suis...

Ignore
« Reply #2052 on: December 07, 2016, 04:10:26 PM »

A nice cuppa tea of freshly grated ginger is the answer ladies and gents!  Champagne Will cure your cold,  Sad your stomach  Crap and an identity crisis if need be!  Cool Either that, or an old good single malt 

"I was given a degree by a college of unbeautiful nonsense... And I have kissed a prince in a land where men grind their wheat in the sky..."
Melville Davisson Post
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #2053 on: December 07, 2016, 05:37:59 PM »

Well, everyone is sick now and again and of course if you have a public function which includes visiting weaker people like old folks home you have to be very careful not to bring germs with you. I also don't like people spreading their germs in our office.

But here is the but - she has a pattern. She is sick so often. Sometimes she knows she is going to be sick in advance (remember last year when she did not go to south America because of some flu/cold whatever - and she cancelled THREE weeks before she was supposed to go?). That sounds IMO very fishy and gives more the "I don't want to work" vibe.

It is a bit unfair because her inlaws have reached a respectable age and might be very happy with she covers the occasional function for them. My prediction is that ML will move back to Norway once her kids are older and will act as a "second crown princess/ queen" for whatever occassions MM is not working. Can't see MM's work ethic improving in near future.
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: