Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mette-marit and Haakon. News, activities and discussions.  (Read 253090 times)
Miss Marple

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #2100 on: March 04, 2014, 09:56:21 AM »

I think when it comes to royals, the yellow press does not know grey - it is either black and white. E.g. the York girls are always on the black side, even though they are okay themselves.

MM now went from white (where she was too long) to black. Pitch dark black.
ortensia

Large Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #2101 on: March 04, 2014, 09:59:39 AM »

I think when it comes to royals, the yellow press does not know grey - it is either black and white. E.g. the York girls are always on the black side, even though they are okay themselves.

MM now went from white (where she was too long) to black. Pitch dark black.

pitch dark orange Wink
RoyalDish.com
« Reply #2101 on: March 04, 2014, 09:59:39 AM »

Monarcista

Baby Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #2102 on: May 04, 2014, 01:23:46 PM »

To those that are still interested in this topic, there has been an ongoing campaign to restore Mette-Marit's image in Norwegian media ever since new year's.

"Mette-Marit talks about the pain of having an alcoholic father", "Mette-Marit cleans up litter publicly", "Mette-Marit supports literature", "Mette-Marit shows her vulnerable side" (as if she hasn't done enough of that already) and - not least - "Mette-Marit: this is how I beat my fear of flying" (she must have realised she should offer an explanation for this). And then a few select politicians making supportive remarks about what a great example she is to the population.

I've seen MM in the media every week in 2014, all of which have been fluff pieces. To be honest, I find it a bit sickening that it was not allowed to mentioned their rather evident marital problems round Christmas time, but now the CP couple can use the press for all it's worth to restore her tainted rep. Where is the media's integrity, why do they agree to let her come out of this smelling of roses?

In recent years there have been many critical articles about her and rightfully so: the expensive wardrobe, the surrogate trip to India, the controversial money requests for Haakon's birthday party, her extensive private programme abroad coupled with little representation. And now? All critical articles are gone and only ingratiating fluff pieces remain.

Before Christmas I felt it was a bit exaggerated to criticise the media for being in the pockets of the royals, but now I've started to wonder... Anyone else monitoring the Norwegian press who have noticed the same?
getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #2103 on: May 04, 2014, 01:58:36 PM »

Star Monarchista

Smells to me. Bad. Very bad. Smells of them hiding the truth Dead

G Crap

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
birgitte

Baby Member

Norway Norway

Ignore
« Reply #2104 on: June 19, 2014, 05:57:09 AM »

To those that are still interested in this topic, there has been an ongoing campaign to restore Mette-Marit's image in Norwegian media ever since new year's.

"Mette-Marit talks about the pain of having an alcoholic father", "Mette-Marit cleans up litter publicly", "Mette-Marit supports literature", "Mette-Marit shows her vulnerable side" (as if she hasn't done enough of that already) and - not least - "Mette-Marit: this is how I beat my fear of flying" (she must have realised she should offer an explanation for this). And then a few select politicians making supportive remarks about what a great example she is to the population.

I've seen MM in the media every week in 2014, all of which have been fluff pieces. To be honest, I find it a bit sickening that it was not allowed to mentioned their rather evident marital problems round Christmas time, but now the CP couple can use the press for all it's worth to restore her tainted rep. Where is the media's integrity, why do they agree to let her come out of this smelling of roses?

In recent years there have been many critical articles about her and rightfully so: the expensive wardrobe, the surrogate trip to India, the controversial money requests for Haakon's birthday party, her extensive private programme abroad coupled with little representation. And now? All critical articles are gone and only ingratiating fluff pieces remain.

Before Christmas I felt it was a bit exaggerated to criticise the media for being in the pockets of the royals, but now I've started to wonder... Anyone else monitoring the Norwegian press who have noticed the same?

Yes, I have, and certainly many others. It's pretty disgusting and embarrassed. You made a very good and proper analysis  Thumb up
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Nauru Nauru

Ignore
« Reply #2105 on: July 19, 2014, 10:03:19 PM »

June 18
Crown Prince Haakon and Princess Mette-Marit visited  the volunteers and participants in the summer camp organized by the Red Cross "Holiday for everyone," a free vacation offered to families who are struggling financially.

"Every once in a while a dog enters your life - and changes everything!"
dk

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #2106 on: July 20, 2014, 05:20:21 PM »

In separate boats?
Miss Marple

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #2107 on: July 21, 2014, 03:04:16 PM »

Someone else who likes black children as assessoirs. Disgusting to use kids like that for the own PR.
Oberon

Baby Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #2108 on: July 24, 2014, 02:42:59 AM »

Someone else who likes black children as assessoirs. Disgusting to use kids like that for the own PR.
It was the first thing that came to mind.  A habit she must have picked up from those Hollywood types.

But I surely would like to see some close-ups of Haakon in those swim trunks.  I surely would.

He looks a little miserable.
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: