Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mette-marit and Haakon - NEWS - 2014  (Read 47361 times)
Cloudberry

Small Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #540 on: Yesterday at 07:07:06 AM »

That's a pretty half-assed costume you've got there Haakon. At least MM tried.
Sparky

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #541 on: Yesterday at 08:13:16 AM »

The whole awful parent thing is always so touchy for me given my Maryesque mother. I feel bad for people like M-M or Derf yet I am beyond frustrated by their behavior. One day it clicked for me that there is a difference between using the past to explain a current situation and using the past to justify the propriety of a current situation. In other words I totally get how they turned out the way they did but I also accept that who they are isn't necessarily who they were destined to be. The only thing stopping M-M from being lazy and self obsessed at this point is M-M. She and Derf seem the type that are too busy stuck being victims to even try to reframe themselves as survivors. I'd say the same for Seabsicuit too.

Exactly!! I hate it when people use their bad childhood as an excuse for their adult behavior and to ward off any criticism. My mother was Maryesque as well. Their (MM, Sea Biscuit, Frodo) traumatic past never seems to get in the way when they want to lie to the public, constantly ditch their kids, holiday, waste the tax payer's dime like there is no tomorrow, be snobby and treat others like crap, etc...    

It's just pure selfishness and narcissism. Trauma doesn't magically disappear and reappear at very convenient moments for people who are genuinely suffering from their past - they also don't skip work to frequently go on holidays and go on spending sprees at every opportunity.

And on a random note I just found these old pictures from Pavlos's a Angels and Demons birthday party and had to share. M-M in angel wings is just too hard to pass up.

Star Jumping Laugh bounce Laughing

Martha-Louise was probably the costume designer!  Angel

RoyalDish.com
« Reply #541 on: Yesterday at 08:13:16 AM »

Purple

Medium Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #542 on: Yesterday at 10:16:38 AM »

The whole awful parent thing is always so touchy for me given my Maryesque mother. I feel bad for people like M-M or Derf yet I am beyond frustrated by their behavior. One day it clicked for me that there is a difference between using the past to explain a current situation and using the past to justify the propriety of a current situation. In other words I totally get how they turned out the way they did but I also accept that who they are isn't necessarily who they were destined to be. The only thing stopping M-M from being lazy and self obsessed at this point is M-M. She and Derf seem the type that are too busy stuck being victims to even try to reframe themselves as survivors. I'd say the same for Seabsicuit too.

And on a random note I just found these old pictures from Pavlos's a Angels and Demons birthday party and had to share. M-M in angel wings is just too hard to pass up.

Amazing self-analysis Kiki   Star!  You've given me food for thought (and I love food in whatever shape, form, colour it comes  Smiley)
Oberon

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #543 on: Yesterday at 03:29:09 PM »

Haakon can be my devil any time he wants.  I'd gladly go to hell and back.

But who is Sea Biscuit?
temi

Medium Member

Canada Canada

Love Lola's biggest fan!

Ignore
« Reply #544 on: Yesterday at 05:24:57 PM »

Haakon can be my devil any time he wants.  I'd gladly go to hell and back.

But who is Sea Biscuit?

Seabiscuit was a champion thoroughbred racehorse. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seabiscuit

Sea Biscuit in Royal Dish is that royal most resembling of a thoroughbred racehorse - HRH Prince William, Duke of Cambridge.

tgb

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #545 on: Yesterday at 05:48:21 PM »

But has MM blamed her childhood for any current issues she may have? Fred has often mentioned it, but as far as I remember we're just speculating on here that her finding herself business is related. I don't think I've ever heard her address it, and I don't recall her using it when she explained her 'wild past' either.
SavageGrace

Big Member

Canada Canada

Sheikh Hamdan, Crown Prince of DxB ✌

Ignore
« Reply #546 on: Yesterday at 06:15:20 PM »

MM reminds me of a toilet paper doll... or a marshmallow... covered in lace... Halo

Cloudberry

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #547 on: Yesterday at 08:04:53 PM »

It's a beautiful dress though not very "angel-like." If she was going to wear such a show-stopping dress she should have invested in better wings that wouldn't have been overshadowed.

This is, of course, assuming that she actually planned her costume and didn't just throw it together at the last minute.
waterbuck

Micro Member

Norway Norway

Ignore
« Reply #548 on: Yesterday at 08:40:58 PM »

But has MM blamed her childhood for any current issues she may have? Fred has often mentioned it, but as far as I remember we're just speculating on here that her finding herself business is related. I don't think I've ever heard her address it, and I don't recall her using it when she explained her 'wild past' either.

No, she hasn't directly been using it as an excuse. But I would say she has used her dad to score some sympaty points. There was the "MM talks about her Dad, their early relationship and the media" in 2011:

http://www.nrk.no/norge/k...rholdet-til-far-1.7879670

And then the "MM talks about her dad, the alcoholic", this year.

http://www.abcnyheter.no/...-om-folelsene-rundt-faren

By the way, I know Fred has made some complaints about being left with nannies when he was a child. But has he also admitted he is a mess, and this is the reason why?

« Last Edit: Yesterday at 09:09:42 PM by waterbuck, Reason: Norwegian auto complete- sorry! » Logged
Oberon

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #549 on: Yesterday at 08:54:46 PM »

Between the nannies and the insanely formal relationship he had with his parents - not seeing them unless they INVITED him?  Like a business meeting or something?
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: