Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haakon - NEWS  (Read 29136 times)
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: September 23, 2014, 06:16:57 PM »

Parking in a handicapped spot seems a pretty terrible move to me.

Ditto.

I would say it's pretty damn awful.  Crap

“The truth is not simply what you think it is; it is also the circumstances in which it is said, and to whom, why, and how it is said.”
tgb

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: September 23, 2014, 06:19:33 PM »

I literally fill with rage when I see people do it in real life.
RoyalDish.com
« Reply #136 on: September 23, 2014, 06:19:33 PM »

Larzen

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: September 23, 2014, 06:59:42 PM »

Haakon got some heat from the media for parking his Lexus at a handicap spot while attending a Dignity Day event in Tromsø yesterday.
... But PARKING in the wrong spot, however  Voodoo

I guess an article saying Haakon was driven to the school, went out of the car and into the shcool and his security and police entourage parked on the handicap spot, does not have quite the same ring to it, its not like he parked the car himself or told the police to park there:Smiley
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: September 24, 2014, 11:06:55 AM »

Haakon got some heat from the media for parking his Lexus at a handicap spot while attending a Dignity Day event in Tromsø yesterday.
... But PARKING in the wrong spot, however  Voodoo

I guess an article saying Haakon was driven to the school, went out of the car and into the shcool and his security and police entourage parked on the handicap spot, does not have quite the same ring to it, its not like he parked the car himself or told the police to park there:Smiley

Thanks, but by the same token he also didn't tell them not to park there.

My Dad is disabled and it makes me so angry when people flout the rules like this. I hope Haakon, or his office, put out a statement apologising. 

I'm sure Haakon isn't the first, and won't be the last,  to park in a disabled bay but he's been caught out doing it and he should definitely apologise for that. IMO. Smiley
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 12:10:34 PM by Little_star » Logged

“The truth is not simply what you think it is; it is also the circumstances in which it is said, and to whom, why, and how it is said.”
Larzen

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: September 24, 2014, 01:26:22 PM »

If you were driven to the door by the Police (who you think would know the rules), would you tell them before you went in "Btw dont park on the handicapped spot" I would not, I would take it for granted the parked somewhere legal. The police has told the local paper they take the full responsibility and that they were close by and would have moved the car if someone needed the spot.
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: September 24, 2014, 01:31:23 PM »

If you were driven to the door by the Police (who you think would know the rules), would you tell them before you went in "Btw dont park on the handicapped spot" I would not, I would take it for granted the parked somewhere legal. The police has told the local paper they take the full responsibility and that they were close by and would have moved the car if someone needed the spot.

The thing is though Haakon has been caught out on this occasion. The fault may not be his but as the future king he should hold his hands up and say sorry.

ITA with you that it probably wasn't up to him but it happened, it's been reported and he should do the decent thing and just a quick "I'm sorry, we'll try not to it again" would be a good move on his part. JMO.

bumbershoot

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: September 24, 2014, 05:17:27 PM »

I've just returned from a month spent in Norway and I have to say that it appears to me that the country at best gives only lip service to access for the disabled. So I am not surprised that Haakon's drivers and the cops would simply overlook a designation that a parking place was dedicated to the use by the disabled.
Monarcista

Baby Member

Norway Norway

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: September 25, 2014, 06:18:41 PM »

Maybe prince-on-a-white-horse Haakon and NRF still feel the need to protect MM (more than themselves) from the evil judgmental plebs.

I think there is a tendency in Norwegian press to protect her from the evil judgmental plebs. The feeling is that any criticism of MM is based on prejudice and snobbery alone and should be defeated. Norwegian press is very left-wing and embraced MM in full when Haakon first brought her into the headlights. In recent years, however, they have become more critical of her because of her clothing budget of all things. For me the expensive clothes is the least of the problems associated with her, her work ethics and penchant for drama and inappropriate decisions being far more offensive.

waterbuck and Larzen, ITA with your take on the parking. It's not Haakon's fault if the police mispark his car after he has gone inside. He should not be expected to give the police parking instructions before he leaves the car, that is _their_ job as his security detail. Any instructions from him would probably be regarded as undue interference. I'm sure he is sorry that it happened even if he does not apologise for it.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: