Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Royal Family of Russia  (Read 43654 times)
Miss Waynfleet

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« on: October 11, 2010, 06:43:48 PM »

Watched the funeral of the last Tzar on YouTube  Cry
It´s so weird. After this years and the pictures you have seen, it´s quite heavy to see their coffins  Sad

Part 1  http://www.youtube.com/wa...HGwvA&feature=related

Part 2  http://www.youtube.com/wa...wGaGM&feature=related

Part 3  http://www.youtube.com/wa...8n9Sc&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/wa...4nLWQ&feature=related
Miss Waynfleet

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2010, 07:41:51 PM »

Nicky and Alix

Olga

Tatiana

Maria

Anastasia

Alexej

Miss Waynfleet

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2010, 07:42:22 PM »

shoshanah

Humongous Member

New Zealand New Zealand

getting ready for a date with Shosh

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2010, 08:00:16 PM »

Did they do any ceremony for the last two children?

fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2010, 08:07:15 PM »

I was under the impression that the funeral rites were held for all of them?  Thinking

The girls were quit beautiful, and I have always asked myself why they had not been married off to some aristo or even royal. They were extremely pretty, extremely rich, and of extremely good pedigree.
I have also often asked myself, what went on in the mind of the csar and his wife to reject the opportunity to send the girls to relatives abroad.
Tough decision, I know to seperate from your child, fearing the worst for yourself.
During WWII a lot of mothers faced the same dilemma, but opted for sending their children to the safer rural areas, knowing very well, that the good-bye at the train station could mean forever.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Miss Waynfleet

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2010, 08:11:03 PM »

I read that Alix isolated the girls from people in their ages.
Cara

Humongous Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2010, 08:12:22 PM »

I was under the impression that the funeral rites were held for all of them?  Thinking

The girls were quit beautiful, and I have always asked myself why they had not been married off to some aristo or even royal. They were extremely pretty, extremely rich, and of extremely good pedigree.
I have also often asked myself, what went on in the mind of the csar and his wife to reject the opportunity to send the girls to relatives abroad.
Tough decision, I know to seperate from your child, fearing the worst for yourself.
During WWII a lot of mothers faced the same dilemma, but opted for sending their children to the safer rural areas, knowing very well, that the good-bye at the train station could mean forever.

didn't the queen mother (elisabeth) choose to stay with her daughers in london though?

i also think that nobody sane of mind would have thought that the children could be murdered.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2010, 08:17:48 PM »

No, I agree, they never could have imagined that. I would even go so far  as to say that they probably hoped by keeping the family together, the likelihood of an execution of csar (and csarevitch) was far smaller.
Maybe the royal "down to earthness" wasn't extending to the very idea that indeed a bomb could fall on the palace? I could imagine that they were shielded from the terrors to such an extent, that they indeed had little idea of the horrors that haunted the general public and that made mothers decide to send their children away was better, than to have them close by...

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Miss Waynfleet

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2010, 08:30:23 PM »

A docu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eAdBHwUr5w

According to this article http://www.tagesspiegel.d...ekaterinburg/1883162.html

the bones of Maria and Alexej are in a bag at the pathology, and no one wants them.  Angry
So no funeral or similar things.
Rearden

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2010, 08:36:22 PM »

I remember that there was a lot of controversy surrounding this funeral, can someone explain??  Smiley

"You can never be too rich or too thin" - HRH The Duchess of Windsor Cambridge
Miss Waynfleet

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2010, 08:39:06 PM »

The Orthodox Church never believed that these were the true bodies of the family and sent simple priests to the ceremony. I guess this was the trouble.
The best: they donĀ“t believe it, because no miracle happened at the grave of the holy family. 
Rearden

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2010, 08:41:52 PM »

Huh? Huh? Huh?

reminds me of the brothers Karamazov when the monk's corpse smells really bad 

fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2010, 09:19:08 AM »

I think the biggest problem with the remains is that after such a long time of lies and deception, false explanations and scams, nobody truely believed the russian authorities any more.
Had the csar and his family really died in the cellar? Most likely yes, however even here is no foolproof evidence.
Apparently the execution had been a hellish superkill. With people riddled with bullets, that still failed to cause instant death.
There have been numerous reports that the girls wore "bullet proof vests", the women had sewn their jewels into the bodice of their clothes, hoping they could hide  them that way and eventually carry them into freedom. Those diamonds and stones however worked as repellents and proof vests, richocheting the bullets thus causing the girls to sustain shotwounds mainly to the arms, legs and lower abdomen, inflicting tremendous amount of pain without killing instantly. Reports say that after the rifles had been shot empty, some of the girls were still alive and  then stabbed to death. Apparently when the bodies were moved, the soldiers noticed that still not all were dead and again the stabbing started. By now however the mood had changed tremendously. Where before the men had been in a hysterical state of fanatical haze and hatred, eager to kill, they were now slowly waking up out of this red haze and to their horror saw the incredible agony and terror they had inflicted on the young girls. This mood shift IMo is responsible for most of the blurred reports of burning the corpses, burying, detonating little bombs in the mine, reports of some girls (boy) escaping. None of the soldiers had a clear memory of what happened. Some clung to the official versions, even insisting that it had been them who fired the fatal shot at the csar, some on the other hand came to reject their involvement and perhaps fantasize about helping one of the victims to escape.
I however doubt that.
In any way, the remains of the csars family only reminded people, russian and internationally of the atrocities done to the innocent children. So the government decided at one point in time it would serve them better to produce the bodies, have a lavish funeral, and bury the Romanows once and for all. They are done now, it really doesn't matter if not all bones or even all bodies or the real Romanows were buried.
Case rests.

Mary's life motto:
Rearden

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2010, 10:13:21 AM »

Cry Cry

that's why I prefer not to read anything about the romanovs. It's so sad.  Sad
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 11:54:17 AM by Rearden » Logged

Miss Waynfleet

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2010, 11:42:56 AM »

Dito Rearden! I just look at pictures of them and the docu about them was heavy enough.  Sad
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: