Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Flip & Tetsi - ready to rule  (Read 5522 times)
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Nauru Nauru

Ignore
« on: October 14, 2010, 08:43:20 PM »

Interesting article on how Felipe and Letitia are perceived.

Spain’s Prince and Princess of Asturias are the subjects of a new book which shows the couple in quite a positive light. “Los Principes. Preparados para reinar” (The Prince and Princess: Prepared to Rule), written by journalists Carmen Enriquez and Emilio Oliva, analyzes Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia’s lives since their 2004 marriage, their children, as well as their public and private lives.

“We’ve tried to create a journalistic, correct, honest and entertaining panorama of the Prince and Princess,” the authors said in an interview with EFE. The book derives information from about 60 royal watchers and officials who’ve interacted with the couple.

“We’ve tried at all times to ensure that the portrait is clear, that it is understood and that it entertains, even though it may be talking about something as serious as the future of Spain,” said Emilio Oliva, a reporter for Agencia EFE, Spain’s international news agency.

When writing about Felipe, Spain’s future King, the authors wrote that he is “prepared only too well” for his future role. That preparation has been greatly influenced when he married Letizia. Enriquez noted, “The Princess has exercised a positive influence on him because she has contributed to making him more open and friendlier. The Prince has changed since he’s been with her.”

In the book, Felipe is described as meticulous in his work, reflective, prudent, a night-owl who gets up early because he has to, who enjoys sandwiches and sipping a glass of wine with his friends, and who is happy with his family life.

As for Letizia, she is portrayed as a perfectionist, which may explain why she appears tense during royal engagements. The Princess is also credited for making the Spanish monarchy more popular with the people.

The book also touches on the couple’s two young daughters, Infantas Leonor and Sofia. A passage describes how one of them deals with being royalty while going to school.

“One of her classmates asked her a few months after classes began, ‘Hey, you. Why are you in the magazines my grandmother has?’ And she answered with great self-confidence: ‘Because I live in a prince’s house.’ To which the little boy answered: ‘My goodness! Well, I … I live in my grandfather’s house!”

Leonor is depicted as confident and savvy with photographers while Sofia is more shy.

In addition, Felipe and Letizia try to spend as much time as possible with their two girls. They eat meals with them, bathe, read stories and play with them. Letizia even breastfed the Infantas as babies.

Carmen Enriquez and Emilio Oliva are also the authors of the biography on Queen Sofia, in which the Queen was interviewed for. That came out in 2008 in time for her 70th birthday.

“The Prince and Princess: Prepared to Rule” is due out in Spain’s bookstores this week.

(sources: Latin American Herald Tribune, XLSemanal, Royalty in the News)

"Every once in a while a dog enters your life - and changes everything!"
florecilla

Huge Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2010, 08:50:03 PM »

Los Príncipes

Carmen Enríquez Medina, Emilio Oliva Ordóñez

http://www.librosaguilar....m/es/libro/los-principes/

florecilla

Huge Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2010, 08:52:23 PM »

LA VIDA PRIVADA DE LOS PRÍNCIPES

http://xlsemanal.finanzas...60818&id_edicion=5707

http://xlsemanal.finanzas...n=5707&salto_pagina=1

http://xlsemanal.finanzas...n=5707&salto_pagina=2
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 08:58:10 PM by florecilla » Logged
Miss Waynfleet

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2010, 08:55:26 PM »

Leonor is already a proud princess! Predestinated to become Queen one day  

Clara
Board Helper
Ginormous Member

Belgium Belgium

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2010, 09:05:30 PM »

The book also touches on the couple’s two young daughters, Infantas Leonor and Sofia. A passage describes how one of them deals with being royalty while going to school.

“One of her classmates asked her a few months after classes began, ‘Hey, you. Why are you in the magazines my grandmother has?’ And she answered with great self-confidence: ‘Because I live in a prince’s house.’ To which the little boy answered: ‘My goodness! Well, I … I live in my grandfather’s house!”

If anyone doubted it, that infanta was Leonor  Wink

This is the translation of the article that appeared on the XLSemanal on Sunday.
Covers of two gossip magazines that talk about the book this week:

Interview on Spanish TV with the authors from the minute 20,21:
http://www.rtve.es/mediat...la-manana-de-la-1&s4=

Clara
Board Helper
Ginormous Member

Belgium Belgium

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2010, 09:08:36 PM »

First pages of the book in Spanish:

http://www.librosaguilar....ras-paginas-principes.pdf

Paula
Banned
Big Member

Poland Poland

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2010, 09:09:58 PM »

First, Felipe has to go on a farm to buy balls  Whistle

Luna is gone Sad because she was offended by Michelle J
Paula
Banned
Big Member

Poland Poland

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2010, 09:24:58 PM »

I read that boy was surprised and asked Leonor "You don't live with mom and dad ?"
Leonor is very smart  Laughing Laughing

Noor76

Small Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2010, 02:33:52 AM »

First, Felipe has to go on a farm to buy balls  Whistle
OMG   Star

Love is many things. It's varied. One thing it is not and can never be is unsure.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2010, 10:05:24 AM »

I love the boys response..... Thumb up

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
ssassi

Huge Member

Romania Romania

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2010, 05:01:51 PM »

I read that boy was surprised and asked Leonor "You don't live with mom and dad ?"

Well...the boy said he lives in his grandfother's house, so... he doesn't live with his mom and dad  Crazy  Shocked or his parents doesn't have a house? Cry
Maybe I am as dumb as Leonor  Blush because I don't understand how an adult person can take serious what a 3-5 years old child say and it can conclude the child is stupid. Thumb down 
germ

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2010, 07:44:40 PM »

<snip ... As for Letizia, she is portrayed as a perfectionist, which may explain why she appears tense during royal engagements. ... snip>

Funny thing. I'm a bit into astrology, and I usually always look up horoscopes of royals and other public figures, if possible. I'm not a professional astrologer, and one certainly cannot read everything out of the stars. But I love to just have a look at it to see whether what I read about these public figures goes together with what I read from the horoscope. Here, in Letizias case I simply do not find any signs of perfectionism. Power, self-confidence and assertiveness, yes. But perfectionism?   Thinking Nah, don't think so.

Did I mention already that I like her? 

Thanks for the find, PeDe.  Star in 24h
Paula
Banned
Big Member

Poland Poland

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2010, 09:04:16 PM »

Well...the boy said he lives in his grandfother's house, so... he doesn't live with his mom and dad  Crazy  Shocked or his parents doesn't have a house? Cry
Maybe I am as dumb as Leonor  Blush because I don't understand how an adult person can take serious what a 3-5 years old child say and it can conclude the child is stupid. Thumb down 

Boy said, correctly  Thumb up
Her mother is to blame  Yes I wonder what she told them "You will spend holidays with grandmother and grandfather" or "You will spend holidays with the king and queen"  Thinking  Laughing Laughing Laughing Stupid bitch !!!
I don't called Leonor stupid

Ssassi,Christian did not even speak and already he was here called a fool,stupid,idiot etc. Thumb down don't forget about the appearance of a serial killer  Thumb down
The first time Christian and Isabella were offended when they are not born yet......Now twins Shocked Thumb down

Ssassi,Chris is still offended, why are you not outraged ?  Thinking

shoshanah

Humongous Member

New Zealand New Zealand

getting ready for a date with Shosh

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2010, 09:08:47 PM »

"Her mother is to blame  Yes  I wonder what she told them "You will spend holidays with grandmother and grandfather" or "You will spend holidays with the king and queen"  Thinking  Laughing Laughing Laughing Stupid bitch !!!"

You're wrong.  Sofia herself is very adamant that everyone be called by their title.  I remember reading about a flight she took and the flight attendant asked her "how are your daughters" and Sofia glared at her and said "you must mean The Infantas!" so if anyone is calling people by their title it is because Sofia demands it.

Clara
Board Helper
Ginormous Member

Belgium Belgium

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2010, 09:26:11 PM »

"Her mother is to blame  Yes  I wonder what she told them "You will spend holidays with grandmother and grandfather" or "You will spend holidays with the king and queen"  Thinking  Laughing Laughing Laughing Stupid bitch !!!"

You're wrong.  Sofia herself is very adamant that everyone be called by their title.  I remember reading about a flight she took and the flight attendant asked her "how are your daughters" and Sofia glared at her and said "you must mean The Infantas!" so if anyone is calling people by their title it is because Sofia demands it.

It's common knowldedge that before Letizia entered the RF if someone wanted to call Felipe's attention he should be called "Your Highness". And now, whenever Letizia speaks of Felipe in public she says "the Prince..." Felipe does the same with "The Princess and I ...."
On the other hand this summer Letizia showed up in the nautical club on her own in Mallorca; when she went to greet the journalists they asked after the infantas and she said they were with their grandmother. I remember this because I was surprised she said grandmother instead of queen.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: