Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Queen Anne Marie & King Constantine II.  (Read 96098 times)
onar

Small Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: January 03, 2017, 09:19:26 AM »

I think it will be paid half by the state and half by european funds for historical buildings, or something like that.
ronda

Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: January 03, 2017, 11:46:37 PM »

I think it will be paid half by the state and half by european funds for historical buildings, or something like that.

Hopefully it will be paid by the State but I have my doubts and so do my relatives in Greece.
  It would be an awesome place to visit and a paying public would generate funds for maybe further work.
  Has there been any statements released by ex king Constantine regarding the Government approval?
  I have searched the internet but can't find anything. Either way it would be another great tourist attraction and one
  that I would love to see this restored and to it's former glory, next time I visit.

Let's hope the restoration will start soon, maybe in the summer months.

Smiley...Knowledge is Power...Smiley
lellobeetle

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: January 04, 2017, 12:05:51 AM »

Wonderful to think Tatoi will be restored to its former glory. I certainly hope they complete it.

onar

Small Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: January 04, 2017, 01:09:18 AM »

Has there been any statements released by ex king Constantine regarding the Government approval?

I haven't noticed but even if he would, guess how many people would say that he wants to regain the throne etc.
Ooooh you have relatives in Greece?!
So you have an insight look of how things are (not always) working here Tongue

I would love, LOVE, to visit the place but even if the restoration start in the next months, it would be take years to be finished. Plus, there was a discussion about restoration a few years ago and I remember it has been mentioned that several things (ornaments, paintings, carpets etc) had been stollen.

Wonderful to think Tatoi will be restored to its former glory. I certainly hope they complete it.
Exactly as you said, we hope to complete it! It would be a great tourist attraction.
ronda

Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: January 04, 2017, 09:27:28 PM »

I haven't noticed but even if he would, guess how many people would say that he wants to regain the throne etc.
Ooooh you have relatives in Greece?!
So you have an insight look of how things are (not always) working here Tongue

I would love, LOVE, to visit the place but even if the restoration start in the next months, it would be take years to be finished. Plus, there was a discussion about restoration a few years ago and I remember it has been mentioned that several things (ornaments, paintings, carpets etc) had been stollen.

Exactly as you said, we hope to complete it! It would be a great tourist attraction.

I certainly know that things get done at a snails pace in Greece, and that's a big " IF" too.
  Let's just hope the Government proves us wrong and gets this project happening soon. I would
  love to visit Tatoi.

Smiley...Knowledge is Power...Smiley
Alexandrina

Baby Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: January 21, 2017, 01:12:32 PM »

In an documentary about the Greek royal family I remember HM King Constantine remarking that apparently in Tatoi most of their personal belongings have remained from the day they fled from Greece
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: January 21, 2017, 04:39:09 PM »

In an documentary about the Greek royal family I remember HM King Constantine remarking that apparently in Tatoi most of their personal belongings have remained from the day they fled from Greece

I've also heard that before.  I've heard that the house is kind of like a time capsule-their clothes are still hanging in the closets, etc.  It would be very interesting to see photos of this.

All hail the future King Nobstante!!
Knight Grand Cross in the Order of the Whorish Spanx
https://31.media.tumblr.c...ine_mzekcuA9Ln1snsa9a.jpg
lellobeetle

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: January 21, 2017, 09:37:45 PM »

Possessions at Tatoi

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: January 21, 2017, 09:50:03 PM »

This is so great, Lello!  Star

I really wish they'd release the photos they took that day when they visited in 93.  I'd love see those toys that were still there in the nursery and the clothes in the closets. 

Royalfan 72

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: January 22, 2017, 05:06:44 PM »

I really wish they'd release the photos they took that day when they visited in 93.  I'd love see those toys that were still there in the nursery and the clothes in the closets. 

Some weeks ago I saw a report about Konstantin and Anne Marie. They drove to Tatoi with a journalist. Anne Marie said that still their stuff still is inside the palace. She also expected her bridal gown there.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: January 22, 2017, 05:19:50 PM »

Some weeks ago I saw a report about Konstantin and Anne Marie. They drove to Tatoi with a journalist. Anne Marie said that still their stuff still is inside the palace. She also expected her bridal gown there.

That gown was my favorite of the three sisters' gowns.  It makes me sad to think of it hanging there, probably decaying. 

ralf103

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: January 22, 2017, 11:13:26 PM »

Jeez you'd think with all this time passed they would be allowed back to retrieve wholly personal items, that or have those items sent to them.

One thing that I always wonder about is how the family got their jewels out of the country but all these other items are still there.
Celia

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: January 23, 2017, 01:05:22 AM »

They probably had been preparing for a few days at least for their departure, and boxes of jewels are a lot easier to grab than trunks of clothes.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: January 23, 2017, 02:21:31 AM »

Jeez you'd think with all this time passed they would be allowed back to retrieve wholly personal items, that or have those items sent to them.

One thing that I always wonder about is how the family got their jewels out of the country but all these other items are still there.

Congratulations, Ralf on your 500 posts!   Star

Eya

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: March 06, 2017, 01:06:54 PM »

New portrait for the Royal Greek couple!!

http://www.royalchronicle...3/Dobbeltportr%C3%A6t.jpg
http://www.royalchronicle...uploads/2017/03/part1.png

By the way I'm new here!!!!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: