Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 258   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tiara  (Read 1901976 times)
Cece

Ginormous Member

presque-zizi

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2007, 08:32:36 PM »

I think the biggest problem was that they folded the veil in at a corner, and that bundled bit of tranparent lace suddenly became a big, white, opaque fold against which such a twee tiara couldn't "read". If they'd put a dark brown (hair coloured) slip of fabric behind one of the folds of lace so that it read as her hair, then the jewels would have stood out better. They shouldn't have converted the veil like that anyway since it also gave Mary a milkmaid look, like she was wearing a big kerchief, as it bowed out on the sides (unfortunately mimicking her sticky-out ears) and looked unflattering.

That same veil as worn by Ingrid's descendants always looked much better. Especially Anne-Marie.
Ugly Betty

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2007, 09:13:44 PM »

I think Claire's tiara is narrower than Mary's but stands a bit higher.  Claire also had the tiara placed on the crown of her head instead of toward the front.
Cece

Ginormous Member

presque-zizi

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2007, 09:15:04 PM »

http://www.royal-magazin....rk/wedding-tiara-mary.htm

This webpage provides some terrific close-ups to illustrate my point.
Ugly Betty

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2007, 09:16:53 PM »

Without the wedding veil the tiara looks quite nice on her.
Piper

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2007, 09:19:56 PM »

http://www.royal-magazin....rk/wedding-tiara-mary.htm

This webpage provides some terrific close-ups to illustrate my point.

" The flower girls will wear bracelets of gold with charms of rubies and a long butterfly pendant in gold. The pendant hangs down into the palm of the hand. In this way they can clench their fists around the butterfly if they get a little nervous. The butterfly has the monogram of the Royal Couple engraved on it."

"The pageboys will each wear silver cuff-links with a hammered gold sphere, with the monogram of the Royal Couple engraved on it."

Such narcissistic couple 
Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2007, 09:22:31 PM »

Mette-Marit's tiara wasn't big either but the way she placed it and how she placed her veil was gorgeous!

http://cache.aftenposten....e/00004/BRYLLUP_4243a.jpg

Mette Marit was gorgeous on her wedding day. It was such a simple dress, veil and hairstyle and the simplicity of the tiara suited it perfectly. She really was a lovely bride. I actually thought her tiara, though small looked classic yet very modern.
Chris

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2007, 10:18:27 PM »

Mary's veil covered her head like a milkmaid or nun.  If she wore the veil in the back of the head like MM did (and without the additional hair piece) the tiara would have stood out a bit more.

I believe Mary wore the same veil that Margrethe wore on her wedding day.  Does anyone have wedding pictures of Margrethe that show how she attached the veil to her head and tiara?
RLB

« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2007, 10:47:19 PM »

The Royal Forums, among other places, has a thread with pics of Margrethe's and Henri's wedding: http://www.theroyalforums...k-10-june-1967-a-726.html (if you click on a photo it should take you to a bigger version).  Her hairstyle and veil/tiara placement look very similar to Mary's, but Margrethe was wearing a bigger tiara, so it wasn't completely lost against the veil.
Chris

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2007, 12:46:35 AM »

Thanks, RLB.  Margrethe's tiara was definitely larger than Mary's and did look nicer.  But both brides wore their tiaras slanted towards the backs of their heads.  I think they'd have looked nicer and stood out more if they'd been worn straight.  That's definitely how I'm wearing MY tiara...when I get one.   Wink 
Hilo

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2007, 01:06:12 AM »

Mette-Marit's tiara wasn't big either but the way she placed it and how she placed her veil was gorgeous!

http://cache.aftenposten....e/00004/BRYLLUP_4243a.jpg

Mette Marit was gorgeous on her wedding day. It was such a simple dress, veil and hairstyle and the simplicity of the tiara suited it perfectly. She really was a lovely bride. I actually thought her tiara, though small looked classic yet very modern.

I agree -- Mette Marit looked beautiful and her look really captured the concept of sleek, Scandinavian design. Her dress was so simple and modern, but with a nod to the traditional. And that bouquet was flat-out cool.

As for Mary's tiara, it's very dainty and exquisite but it does seem too delicate for a Crown Princess. Of course the ruby-diamond tiara is so heavily jewel-encrusted she can probably barely hold her head up. So it's a case of two extremes. What Mary needs is a medium-size work horse tiara. Laugh bounce
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2007, 07:46:59 AM »

Theoretically I would agree, but quite honestly? How many tiara events has Mary attended in her few years and even fewer work evenings?

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Galuh

Ginormous Member

Tuvalu Tuvalu

Mary & Michael, twins separated at birth?

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2007, 07:55:57 AM »

Mary's tiara is too small to cover the folded part of the veil and too small to be more visible than the busy embroidered white veils,  the worst part was her bun made the veil position higher than the tiara it even made the tiara much less visible. I like Cece’s suggestion about a dark slip of fabric or (what I much prefer) put a nice small hairpiece to cover the front of folded part of the veil then the jewels would have been more visible. 

Galuh

Ginormous Member

Tuvalu Tuvalu

Mary & Michael, twins separated at birth?

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2007, 09:02:55 AM »

A diamonds (pearls or another white/pale material colour) tiara, specially the small one, will be more visible on dark hair, here are pictures of Martha louise 
http://real.nrk.no/img/170943.jpeg
http://real.nrk.no/img/170944.jpeg
Mette marit bandeau tiara less visible because of her blonde hair.

Small tiara still looks gorgeous if the are placed in good way. Here picture of julia robert and her small tiara.
http://www.royal-magazin....ie/tiara-juliaroberts.htm

Hermione

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2007, 10:45:45 AM »

I like Mary's tiara - but it is indeed a bit small.
IIRC - didn't Margrethe + Henrik buy the tiara at an auction?Huh?
I think this is weird. I don't know much about royal jewlery in general, but I assume that all the other CP's got tiaras from within the famliy? Didn't the DRF have a tiara they could give to Mosh?
Mmmmmh, the earrings she wore to the wedding were made especially for her. Maybe to make up for the tiny, auction-bought tiara???  Thinking

patricia07

« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2007, 03:34:11 PM »

She got a raw deal on the tiara, it's pathetic, even on the pics at King Harald's birthday when she wears it on her dark hair it doesn't look all that. 
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 258   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: