Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Are things not working for you?  (Read 22908 times)
ssassi

Huge Member

Romania Romania

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: December 17, 2011, 01:13:06 AM »

I remember when I joined this board there was a thread named X-tian (Christian) Mugabe Ceaucescu Belzebut or something like that...I don't remember very well and I don't find it anymore. I was shoked about that and when a poster started a thread about the fact that she (Lena if I remember well) is not comfortable with such an appelation for a child (my thought exactelly) most of the posters was against us for the sake of the "free speech". I said to me that I lived to much under a dictature so I have to learn to live and speak freely. A lot of things were changed from then...However, it is very interesting to be here  Cool
Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: December 17, 2011, 01:13:51 AM »

I don't read every posts in every threads. Thank god I'm not the administrator/moderator here. If there are posts that offend you, you can speak up or report them to the administrators. I don't know why *I* was obligated to speak up about posts that offended anyone else. And just because others misbehave, in your opinion, it doesn't excuse DA's behaviors. Two wrongs do not make a right. IMO, DA's behaviors have been the worst and it seems the administrators agreed. You're free to disagree.

Using the term "entrapment" is getting anyone off the hook by not holding anyone responsible for her or his own behaviors. I completely agree with freethespoon on this one. No one forced DA to post what she posted or how she posted. She brought it on herself.

See instead of answering the questions you just justify why you went on the attack(and you didn't read every post either which further highlights my point) and then complained why another poster defended themselves. A bit like shooting someone for your own reasons and then saying they deserved it.

La as long as we follow your rules on posting we should all be OK. Nerves I just thought the rule was not dishing on other posters.

Please clarify where I went on the attack? Against you? Against DA? Before DA was bannd, I only posted one message in here. I expressed my uneasiness with the vulgar language and yelling in all caps going on and asked posters to keep this baoard classy. I didn't name DA or got into a war of words with DA. If you interpret my post as an "attack" and all DA's posts as "justified defenses", I guess we live in a parallel universe.

I'm not the moderator of the board. I live by the same rules Maria and Thomas set as everyone else around here. I just express my opinion. I don't know why you imply that I'm preventing you or anyone else from stating your opinion. You're free to express your opinion. I'm free to disagree. That's what a message board is for, isn't it? Why do we need all this "victim" posture?    

Snow Queen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: December 17, 2011, 01:16:12 AM »

She got banned because she refused to stop attacking other posters. It's as simple as that. We got a shitload of complaints about her comment about wishing for Mary to get assasinated - so many that we simply couldn't ignore it. As for whether wishing Mary dead is worse than saying Christian suffers from autism - I have no idea what is worse or if it's really the same but the number of complaints and reports certainly suggests that people here think there's a difference. So she got a warning and I thought we reached an understanding but obviously we did not and at that point I just had it. We have - I have - been extremely lenient towards her and when the response is like it was from her .. I simply don't know how or why we should accept more of the same response from a poster. Please explain that to me someone, because I don't see it.

She agrees you have been lenient. And I think her post was, well typed in haste with no thought at the time behind it. I certainly don't post everything I wish.  Grin But she didn't know that post was a breach and when the others attacked her she went nuts back.

Maybe another clear rule is that Dishing is not wishing ill or anything bad on Royals. Don't know.

Was DA's original post deleted? I can't find it anymore, there is only the one where you quoted it?
CD.

Humongous Member

Finland Finland

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: December 17, 2011, 01:26:13 AM »

I only posted one message in here. I expressed my uneasiness with the vulgar language and yelling in all caps going on and asked posters to keep this baoard classy

This is my point with you in this thread. YOU are asking US to keep the board classy. ie follow your style of language and expression because it might offend your Feminist sensibilities.

I am follow Maria's rules thank you. Not attacking a poster.

If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and military consequences of the lie.The truth is the greatest enemy of the State"

J Goebbels
Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: December 17, 2011, 04:56:18 AM »

I only posted one message in here. I expressed my uneasiness with the vulgar language and yelling in all caps going on and asked posters to keep this baoard classy

This is my point with you in this thread. YOU are asking US to keep the board classy. ie follow your style of language and expression because it might offend your Feminist sensibilities.
I am follow Maria's rules thank you. Not attacking a poster.

The exact words I used are these: "It's up to all of us to keep this board classy..." I didn't use the generic you or single anyone out. I included myself in it. As you also acknowledged, it's a request. As a member of this board who's concerned about the image of this board, I made a request. And you're saying I was out of line? You said in a prior post that I "went on an attack". I'm still very confused what that referred to.

You know, I was happy to let the dog lie until DA supporters started accusing anyone who was not sided with her in this thread as "ganging up on her", "provoking her", "attacking her", Maria as violating DA's freedom of speech and DA as being the "victim". That's just a bit too much for me. DA supporters can express the opinion that she's a victim of a conspiracy of the rest of us. I can certainly express the opinion that she's not. 
Leesa
Banned
Humongous Member

Australia Australia

"Mary who?" asks Marsha!

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: December 17, 2011, 05:01:17 AM »

You know, I was happy to let the dog lie until DA supporters started accusing anyone who was not sided with her in this thread as "ganging up on her", "provoking her", "attacking her", Maria as violating DA's freedom of speech and DA as being the "victim". That's just a bit too much for me. DA supporters can express the opinion that she's a victim of a conspiracy of the rest of us. I can certainly express the opinion that she's not. 

I share that opinion with you, Laprincess!
CD.

Humongous Member

Finland Finland

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: December 17, 2011, 05:44:22 AM »

The exact words I used are these: "It's up to all of us to keep this board classy..." I didn't use the generic you or single anyone out. I included myself in it. As you also acknowledged, it's a request. As a member of this board who's concerned about the image of this board, I made a request. And you're saying I was out of line? You said in a prior post that I "went on an attack". I'm still very confused what that referred to.

My definition of 'classy' will differ from yours. And there lies the problem. Interpretation. In the end DA was banned.

End of subject. Lets move on otherwise it will just spiral out of control.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 06:41:29 AM by CD. » Logged

If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and military consequences of the lie.The truth is the greatest enemy of the State"

J Goebbels
lupina

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: December 17, 2011, 10:39:41 AM »

I don't read every posts in every threads. Thank god I'm not the administrator/moderator here. If there are posts that offend you, you can speak up or report them to the administrators. I don't know why *I* was obligated to speak up about posts that offended anyone else. And just because others misbehave, in your opinion, it doesn't excuse DA's behaviors. Two wrongs do not make a right. IMO, DA's behaviors have been the worst and it seems the administrators agreed. You're free to disagree.

Using the term "entrapment" is getting anyone off the hook by not holding anyone responsible for her or his own behaviors. I completely agree with freethespoon on this one. No one forced DA to post what she posted or how she posted. She basically dared the administrators to ban her after getting a warning. What did you expect Maria to do? DA brought it on herself.

Speaking up, or reporting to the admins? - there is another alternative, you could ignore the posts / poster, there is a button that caters for that on the board.

' I don't know why *I* was obligated to speak up about posts that offended anyone else' :  Quote Laprincess...I assume you did it of your own volition, unless you don't know what you're doing.

As far as I know there is nothing in the statutes of this board that obliges any poster to be the custodian of what is written, that is for the discretion of the administrators.

lupina

Be who you are, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind - Dr Seuss

The other RD - http://richarddawkins.net/
Miss Waynfleet

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: December 17, 2011, 11:48:02 AM »

If she wants, she can start a message board that only allows "Mary hater" and "DA fan" so the rest of us can dish royals in peace.

Reminds me of a similar case in April  Whistle

I'm not sure what this is referring to. But if you're suspecting something I posted in April, I could assure you that I was too busy working in April to post much here.

No, it had nothing to do with you  Sweating
Hester
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Sudan Sudan

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: December 17, 2011, 12:58:45 PM »

I remember when I joined this board there was a thread named X-tian (Christian) Mugabe Ceaucescu Belzebut or something like that...I don't remember very well and I don't find it anymore. I was shoked about that and when a poster started a thread about the fact that she (Lena if I remember well) is not comfortable with such an appelation for a child (my thought exactelly) most of the posters was against us for the sake of the "free speech". I said to me that I lived to much under a dictature so I have to learn to live and speak freely. A lot of things were changed from then...However, it is very interesting to be here  Cool

Twas I who coined that one - Christian Mugabe Amin Ceaucescu Beelzebub. Don't let's forget that Queen Margrethe was besties with Ceaucescu,  one of the most murderous dictators in recent European history - and his autograph is still proudly scratched into a window in Margrethe's palace. Let's not hold out any hope that Prince Christian is likely to be a moral world citizen... unless there's a radical change to his environment!
ssassi

Huge Member

Romania Romania

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: December 17, 2011, 06:05:31 PM »

I remember when I joined this board there was a thread named X-tian (Christian) Mugabe Ceaucescu Belzebut or something like that...I don't remember very well and I don't find it anymore. I was shoked about that and when a poster started a thread about the fact that she (Lena if I remember well) is not comfortable with such an appelation for a child (my thought exactelly) most of the posters was against us for the sake of the "free speech". I said to me that I lived to much under a dictature so I have to learn to live and speak freely. A lot of things were changed from then...However, it is very interesting to be here  Cool

Twas I who coined that one - Christian Mugabe Amin Ceaucescu Beelzebub. Don't let's forget that Queen Margrethe was besties with Ceaucescu,  one of the most murderous dictators in recent European history - and his autograph is still proudly scratched into a window in Margrethe's palace. Let's not hold out any hope that Prince Christian is likely to be a moral world citizen... unless there's a radical change to his environment!

It was about free speaking (and your right to do that in accordance with a lot of posters)... do you think now you can start a thread with that name without a lot of new posters to report you to Maria?
This was my question Confused And if the answer is NO then ...things changed on this board. I don't know if it is better or worst but things are different here from then.... And it is possibile some old posters not to be aware of that (DA especially) or not like it and they left. Things evolved so we have to adapt to new things...or not.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 06:25:27 PM by ssassi » Logged
Diogenes
Board Helper
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: December 17, 2011, 07:15:20 PM »

It was about free speaking (and your right to do that in accordance with a lot of posters)...

I agree, ssassi.  I have been on this board since the beginning and it has changed.  Things do ... faster now than ever before because more people have access, and I think that there is nothing the moderators can do to keep it from changing.  Those of us who treasure the small community of witty, articulate, and opinionated posters who understand the ethos of the board need to continue to carry on our own conversation under the barrage of c*&p and s#$%t that has become the norm.  If the rest of you stay (and you know who you are, I hope), I'll stay.  I hope you will.
ssassi

Huge Member

Romania Romania

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: December 17, 2011, 07:23:39 PM »

It was about free speaking (and your right to do that in accordance with a lot of posters)...

I agree, ssassi.  I have been on this board since the beginning and it has changed.  Things do ... faster now than ever before because more people have access, and I think that there is nothing the moderators can do to keep it from changing.  Those of us who treasure the small community of witty, articulate, and opinionated posters who understand the ethos of the board need to continue to carry on our own conversation under the barrage of c*&p and s#$%t that has become the norm.  If the rest of you stay (and you know who you are, I hope), I'll stay.  I hope you will.

Diogenes, I didn't think for a second to leave this board. Hug  I love a lot of posters here , I respect the work Maria and Thomas do here Thumb up and I spend some quality time here  Secret. It means a lot to me and I don't quit easy Wink
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: December 17, 2011, 07:38:53 PM »

Sugar-free contacted me today She started reading the thread and wanted to contribute but felt totally disgusted after reading a few posts
Then she thought about it again and wrote to me this message for Maria & Thomas or anyone interested :

" It is sad to learn that Diana Again has been banned. Maria, I ask myself if you can really imagine or if you have ever really got it that she was indeed ganged-up by a bunch of foolish members and that she must have tried hard to pull herself together all these years indeed? Just a simple question. I found out about this "mystery" at this board just a few months ago as well and soon after I knew the truth I stopped posting. Not, as it might have seemed, because I got an insulting "F. O." note openly by a silly poster, who considers herself cool & funny, that was just overseen and didn't even lead to a warning. I'm talking about a bunch of posters that, funnily enough, came here from the original sugar forum. Immature, double-faced, unoriginal, cunning with words, appearing everywhere like a herd posting the same stuff and believing they keep the "real fun" going, who in fact managed to deteriorate the level of intelligence and witticism of RD [yes, the board used to have that, I'm one of those who believes this and misses the old conversations]. Some of them have even been moderators at the other place or "royal bloggers" and invited their bitchy friends to join the party as well. I'm not talking about people like Hester, CeCe, CD, Hanzo1, Anne83, MissWaynefleet and quite a few more original and nice posters on this board. No no, the ones I'm talking about know best who they are and they aren't that hard to catch - Diana Again gave a few good hints already indeed. Oh, and Maria: the ones who are kissing your ass each time to praise your hard work here; some of them might have praised "Bad Warren" or "Nasty Zonk" before, when they were scared to be the next in the history of bannings. Au revoir and happy Xmas from Switzerland. "

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She also wants to clarify something : These are her last words on this board, she doesn't care about the reactions or about a possible banning

I have no idea what any of this is about, and I'm very sorry that she received that message; however, I'm sad to see SF leave.  I enjoyed her posts.  Yes, many posters here have been on the sugar boards in the past, myself included, but the members that I can think of who left did so because they became frustrated by those boards.  It doesn't mean that they were necessarily here because of devious intentions.  I'm sorry to see SF leave.

All hail the future King Nobstante!!
Knight Grand Cross in the Order of the Whorish Spanx
https://31.media.tumblr.c...ine_mzekcuA9Ln1snsa9a.jpg
Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: December 17, 2011, 09:45:44 PM »

My definition of 'classy' will differ from yours. And there lies the problem. Interpretation. In the end DA was banned.

End of subject. Lets move on otherwise it will just spiral out of control.

No, the problem it seems is different interpretation is applied for different people, depending on whether s/he is liked or not. If Mary has behaved like what DA did, with all the vulgar language and all, it would have been used as a concret proof of her "bogan" behaviors. I doubt anyone would have excused her language as just "colorful". That's what I find ironic.  
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 10:04:36 PM by Laprincess » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: