Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Hohenzollern News & Events  (Read 46118 times)
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: August 29, 2015, 02:41:02 PM »

Thanks PeDe!! Star

Too bad we couldn't get a better pic of little Emma Cute Sophie she sounds like a lovely woman and really down-to-Earth Thumb up
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 04:09:32 PM by Thistle » Logged

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: August 29, 2015, 04:05:57 PM »

I like how these two seem a bit more low-key than others who are no longer royal.   Thumb up  The Habsburgs should take note.

All hail the future King Nobstante!!
Knight Grand Cross in the Order of the Whorish Spanx
https://31.media.tumblr.c...ine_mzekcuA9Ln1snsa9a.jpg
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: August 29, 2015, 07:15:03 PM »

FWIW, she has a very kind-looking face. As to their living a fairly normal life, I have to wonder: what their actual home/s are like? Lots of staff? and etc.  Thinking
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: August 29, 2015, 07:19:19 PM »

ITA, edit - of course they don't live like Mr. & Mrs. Meier in Germany....that's totally off here. They belong to the ueber-upper crust of German society, with all that this entails. They might lead a "normal life" compared to other NON-existing German royal houses, but they are not living as normal citizen > "Hohenzollern may only marry befitting within their social class"  Roll Eyes

editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: September 01, 2015, 12:25:53 AM »

ITA, edit - of course they don't live like Mr. & Mrs. Meier in Germany....that's totally off here. They belong to the ueber-upper crust of German society, with all that this entails. They might lead a "normal life" compared to other NON-existing German royal houses, but they are not living as normal citizen > "Hohenzollern may only marry befitting within their social class"  Roll Eyes
Eggzackly! And considering they live at Hohenzollern Castle Blink Blink Blink,
http://www.burg-hohenzollern.com/Welcome.html

and maybe Sanssouci (where she's pictured pushing the baby in a stroller), any claim from them that they live a "normal" life strikes me as totes ridic. That said, however, they certainly do fly under the radar in terms of socializing with their "royal" counterparts or famewh*ring in any way, so kudos to them for that. Yes
Trier1

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: September 01, 2015, 12:44:41 AM »

I think they live in Bremen most of the time or in a flat in Berlin but not in Sanssouci. They lost all castles and all land in 1918, only Burg Hohenzollern is still owned by the family. But they don't live there for most of the time and the castle is open for weddings, visitors etc because it is expensive to keep. Compared to members of other non-reigning houses, GF actually works and has a real job (http://www.engage-ventures.com/de/team.html).
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: September 01, 2015, 12:47:27 AM »

Eggzackly! And considering they live at Hohenzollern Castle Blink Blink Blink,
http://www.burg-hohenzollern.com/Welcome.html

and maybe Sanssouci (where she's pictured pushing the baby in a stroller), any claim from them that they live a "normal" life strikes me as totes ridic. That said, however, they certainly do fly under the radar in terms of socializing with their "royal" counterparts or famewh*ring in any way, so kudos to them for that. Yes

yes, kudos to no fame-whoring and being socially active, but signing their website as follows:

Georg Friedrich Prince of Prussia
Sophie Princess of Prussia

big no-no-normal in my book  Thumb down Real mad and smooching of others "Friends of Hohenzollern Castle" to keep their abode afloat is just as bad!

Trier1

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: September 01, 2015, 12:58:16 AM »

Prinz von Preu?en is actually his official last name, so they just signed with their name. Well, if people want to pay to keep this part of history alive (the castle) then its ok, at least it isn't a lot of tax money that they use. Everybody can visit the castle, it is a museum and not their private home, so I don't see a problem in the fact that they get supported by the "friends of Hohenzollern castle".
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: September 01, 2015, 02:12:55 AM »

No it's not anymore...that was only for the titles which were in place before the Weimarer Republik (approx 1920), and only then for the head of the house, not for his successors:

As the transitional regime was established, the heads of houses were allowed to keep their Primogeniture title as part of their last name. E.g. the Heads of the former royal house Wuerttemberg surname:  "Daniel Duke of Wuerttemberg", or the descendants of the former princely house Hessen family name = "Wolfgang Prince of Hesse".

Since the last holders of such titles are now deceased, their title is no longer a part of their name today. And that's according to German law.

So in his case his house name would be his last name: Georg Friedrich Hohenzollern. He, as a person, didn't not acquire his title before the Weimarer Republic, and the last Hohenzollern who did is dead.

Am 23. Juni 1920 verabschiedete die preussische Landesversammlung das Preussische Gesetz ueber die Aufhebung der Standesvorrechte des Adels und die Aufloesung des Hausvermoegens. Nach diesem Adelsgesetz, das in aehnlicher Form auch von den anderen Laendern des Deutschen Reiches uebernommen wurde, wurden die Primogeniturtitel, die auch bisher lediglich den Familienoberhaeuptern und Herrschern zustanden, aufgehoben.

In einer Uebergangsregelung war festgelegt, dass die Personen, die zum Zeitpunkt des Inkrafttretens der Weimarer Reichsverfassung bereits einen Primogeniturtitel fuehrten, diesen fuer ihre Person im Nachnamen beibehalten durften.

Da aber die letzten Inhaber solcher Titel inzwischen verstorben sind, gibt es diese Titel als Namensbestandteil heute nicht mehr.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 03:19:06 AM by PeDe » Logged

Trier1

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: September 01, 2015, 12:55:24 PM »

Hug Sorry I just quoted GF himself who said that his official last name and the name in his passport is Prinz von Preu?en. So noow we have to get hold of him and ask him to show us his passport to see what his actual name is  Yes
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: September 01, 2015, 05:00:21 PM »

oh, no worries Trier  Hug Beer

I just cannot stand it when these eliminated 'royal' houses pretend to be like Otto Normalverbraucher, but then insist on all antiquated, and eradicated privileges.

Trier1

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: September 01, 2015, 06:39:27 PM »

It is the same with me but I think GF and his wife are ok, they preserve part of our history with Burg Hohenzollern, so getting money for this seems ok to me (but I also like old castles and old buildings, so money for buildings that are open to the public is fine  Secret). But I would love to see his passport and his birth certificate, would be interesting to see what the German officials put on it. The nice thing about GF and his wife is that they have accepted that Germany doesn't need them to represent the country and that we wouldn't dream of calling him back to represent our nation as emperor. There is only one German emperor now and that is Franz Beckenbauer 
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: September 01, 2015, 06:52:24 PM »

It is the same with me but I think GF and his wife are ok, they preserve part of our history with Burg Hohenzollern, so getting money for this seems ok to me (but I also like old castles and old buildings, so money for buildings that are open to the public is fine  Secret). But I would love to see his passport and his birth certificate, would be interesting to see what the German officials put on it. The nice thing about GF and his wife is that they have accepted that Germany doesn't need them to represent the country and that we wouldn't dream of calling him back to represent our nation as emperor. There is only one German emperor now and that is Franz Beckenbauer 

there is a Kaiser if I saw one....totally forgot about him  Laugh bounce thanks Trier  Star

Elissa

Ginormous Member

France France

Diamonds for April

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: September 08, 2015, 03:44:22 PM »

Georg Friedrich's mother, Countess Donata of Castell-Rudenhausen has died Sad.

http://www.mainpost.de/re...rzoeginnen;art773,8900540
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: September 08, 2015, 03:50:58 PM »

Georg Friedrich's mother, Countess Donata of Castell-Rudenhausen has died Sad.

http://www.mainpost.de/re...rzoeginnen;art773,8900540

Wow, that is unexpected sad news!

Best wishes for her children and other relatives and friends

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: