Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Aristocratic/Noble weddings  (Read 127549 times)
Charlotte

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2011, 09:15:07 PM »

Norton Knatchbull (Lord Louis Mountbatten's grandson) and Penelope Eastwood

Not feeling the love

rogue

Big Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2011, 09:00:32 PM »

Delete
LadyBunion

Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2011, 09:24:09 PM »

Norton Knatchbull (Lord Louis Mountbatten's grandson) and Penelope Eastwood

Not feeling the love
Not sure if it is lack of love at that stage or the circumstance...The wedding took place two months after the assassination of his grandfather, Louis Mountbatten, 1st Earl Mountbatten of Burma, by an IRA bomb which also killed 3 others, including his youngest brother, Nicholas Knatchbull (1964–1979), and his grandmother, the Dowager Lady Brabourne (1897–1979). His parents arrived in wheelchairs at the service.

Elissa

Ginormous Member

France France

Aquamarine for March

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2013, 11:08:27 AM »

Frances Roche and John Spencer, Viscount Althorp in 1954.

tigerben
Board Helper
Humongous Member

Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2013, 11:37:59 AM »

Frances Roche and John Spencer, Viscount Althorp in 1954.

Jaysus , I can acually see Harry in his grandad in this photo , he was a handsome man and Frances looked so young and looks kind of unsure if she did the right thing.
Elissa

Ginormous Member

France France

Aquamarine for March

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2013, 11:44:34 AM »

You're right! There is something Harry took from him, definitely.
Frances was only 18 when she got married. Her husband was 30.
tigerben
Board Helper
Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2013, 11:56:47 AM »

There be outrage today if a 30 year old married a 18 year old. How times change. A couple of miles down the road from me is trabolagan a hoilday centre which was the roches estate at one stage, and google Roches Point Cork. It's a lovely fishing village with a lighthouse just down from their  old estate.
Elissa

Ginormous Member

France France

Aquamarine for March

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2013, 12:20:12 PM »

There be outrage today if a 30 year old married a 18 year old. How times change. A couple of miles down the road from me is trabolagan a hoilday centre which was the roches estate at one stage, and google Roches Point Cork. It's a lovely fishing village with a lighthouse just down from their  old estate.

As if I needed more motivation to come and visit your gorgeous country dear tigerben (next year I hope!)

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2013, 01:10:29 PM »

Marriage of the former Dutch Consul in Spain, Johan van Vollenhoven and princess Marie Christine of Bourbon (niece of the Queen of Spain). Was conducted in precense of the Spanish royal family in Madrid in 1921.

Marriage of Maarten van der Hoeven and Henriëtte Hora Siccama des Tombe (in 2008). Henriëtte is from the old noble family Des Tombe. The marriage took place in the old Dorpskerk (Village church) in Olst, Overijssel (Netherlands). The party continued in the mansion Klein Hoenlo. Apparently both prince Carlos de Bourbon-De Parme and prince Pieter-Christiaan of the Netherlands were present at the wedding.

Marriage of Baroness C.C.V. Bentinck and Ir. M.P.W. Evelein in Soest (Netherlands) in 1967.  Present were Queen Juliana, princess Irene, princess Margriet and princess Christina. Princess Margriet also acted as witness of the bride, who was her fellow student.

Marriage of Lucile van Tuyll van Serooskerken, granddaughter of the Baron, and Hanmer Webb-Peploe in the Reformed church of Oud-Zuilen, Netherlands in 1967.

1966 - The religieus marriage of the German prince Karl von Hessen and the Austrian-Hungarian countess Yvonne Szapary in the Great or St. Jacobschurch in The Hague, Netherlands

1938 Marriage of Jonkheer Jozeph Emile Marie De kuijper and Aagje Gerritzen

Marriage of prince Heinrich of Hesse and countess Flora zu Castell Faber

Marriage of Gonzalo de la Cierva, duque de Teranova and Patricia Olmedilla

Wedding of Doña María del Rosario Cayetana Fitz-James Stuart y Silva, 18th Duchess of Alba de Tormes, Grandee of Spain & Alfonso Díez Carabantes
tigerben
Board Helper
Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2013, 01:53:19 PM »

As if I needed more motivation to come and visit your gorgeous country dear tigerben (next year I hope!)

Beautiful isn't it, was down there the other night for a romantic spin with hubby, there's a beautiful beach 5 mins before it whitebay ,lovely.
only God will judge me
Banned
Muted
Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2013, 02:26:25 PM »

What are we discussing aristocratics? They are private citizens.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2013, 06:06:38 PM »

If their weddings are covered by the media, they are not private citizens.  There's nothing wrong with discussing something covered by media.

All hail the future King Nobstante!!
Knight Grand Cross in the Order of the Whorish Spanx
https://31.media.tumblr.c...ine_mzekcuA9Ln1snsa9a.jpg
TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Pitcairn Pitcairn

"The gauntlet is definitely thrown down. Stay safe

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2013, 06:43:37 PM »

If their weddings are covered by the media, they are not private citizens.  There's nothing wrong with discussing something covered by media.
I agree. Often times they also have family connections to the royals that we discuss.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2013, 09:03:00 AM »

The wedding of Prince Wolff-Heinrich zu Stolberg-Stolberg and commoner Irma Erfert, January 22, 1933

The wedding of Lady Katie Percy (eldest daughter of the Duke of Northumberland) and Patrick Valentine in 2011. They shared one bridesmaid/flower girl with William and Kate, namely Grace van Cutsum.

The wedding of Lady Melissa Percy (younger sister of Katie) and Thomas van Straubenzee in 2013. The wedding was attended by prince William, prince Harry, princess Beatrice and princess Eugenie. Chelsey Davy, the ex-girlfriend of Harry, was one of the bridesmaids.

The wedding of Archduchess Marie Christine of Austria and the Belgian Count Rodolphe of Limburg-Stirum in Mechelen, Belgium in 2008. Marie Christine is the eldest child of Archduke Carl Christian and Archduchess Marie Astrid (née princess of Luxemburg).

princess Alexandra of Kent en and sir Angus Ogilvy in London, 24 April 1963.

Catherine Ferner (daughter of princess Astrid of Norway and John Ferner) and Arild Johansen.

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2013, 10:09:53 AM »

Wedding of princess Alexandra zu Sayn Wittgenstein Berleburg and Count Jefferson von Pfeil und Klein-Ellguth Alexandra is the eldest daughter of Richard, 6th Prince of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg and princess Benedikte (née princess of Denmark)

Wedding of princess Nathalie zu Sayn Wittgenstein Berleburg and Alexander Johannsmann .
Nathalie is the youngest daughter of Richard, 6th Prince of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg and princess Benedikte (née princess of Denmark)

Wedding of Heinrich, Hereditary Prince zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Sayn and Donna Priscilla Incisa della Rocchetta in 2003

Wedding of Alexandra, Princess zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Sayn and count Stefano Hunyady von Kéthely

Wedding of Filippa, Princess zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Sayn and count Vittorio Mazzetti d’Albertis. Sadly she died ca. 3 months after the wedding.

Wedding of Prince Ludwig (Louis) zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Sayn and countess Philippa Spannocchi aus Sprinzenstein.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: