Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 136   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Inaki's Corruption Scandal  (Read 280766 times)
shoshanah

Humongous Member

New Zealand New Zealand

getting ready for a date with Shosh

Ignore
« on: December 11, 2011, 12:15:02 AM »

Anyone has more detail on the scandal with Urdangarin - he has a company that has benefited from his connections?  I heard the Infantas are not going to get allowance from the royal house anymore?

Charlotte

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, 05:57:42 AM »

I always thought that Christina was stupid for marrying a poor man especially when she could have become the future Queen of the Belgians. 

Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2011, 08:00:37 AM »

I just saw a Nov 23 issue of Semana in Barnes & Noble. It has Cristina and Inaki on the cover. IIRC, the title is "Duros Momentos para Cristina". It's obviously about the scandal about them. Unfortunately, I can't read Spanish. Maybe Clara can tell us the gist of it?  Hug

Shosh, from I read Clara's and dkaren's explanation, Inaki and Cristina's business got public grants, from politicians who no doubt tried to curry favors with the SRF, to organize sporting events where famous athletes participated for free and they pocketed most of the money. I don't believe the infantas have ever gotten allowances from the state directly. JC gets an allowance for the whole royal family and allocates it as he sees fit.

dKaren

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2011, 08:55:40 AM »

On Wed Zarzuela announced that they had been considering eliminating Elena and Cristina from the royal family, the next day they made the correction that Elena and Cristina would remain as the members of the RF since it's by law, the King can't change the law. But their activities would be further reduced. At this moment, I doubt Cristina will do any event, not sure about Elena. Both infantas only get paid by their Dad when they have an event, they don't receive money directly from the State, Laprincess is right JC is the only one who receives the money from the State and distributes as he pleases. Zarzuela will let go infantas' private secretary early next year, he was treasurer of Noos (Inaki's troublesome company). I think he was supposed to be Cristina or JC's 'eyes' in Noos, but somehow he failed to inform JC what was really happening there, maybe he did, now is being used as a scapegoat, who knows.
The scandal is very serious, will rock the foundation of the Monarchy if the SRF doesn't handle it properly. Thus it's very unwise for Sofia to pose with Inaki as if she was supporting him. Last weekend, the serious press asked Cristina to be removed from the line of succession if she wanted to stay in the marriage once Inaki was convicted. The serious press in Spain normally doesn't criticize monarchy (except for Inaki's financial scandal this time).
Cloaked

Muted
Humongous Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2011, 09:06:07 AM »

So, has Inaki been found guilty now?
What would happen if he were indeed innocent?  Would the public forgive the matter?
This sounds very serious for Elena.  She was not even involved, was she?
I like her demeanor a lot.
dKaren

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2011, 09:32:56 AM »

Inaki has not been indicted, but his business partner, no 2 in Noos has been charged. The only possible way for No 1 being innocent and No 2 being guilty is this No 2 doing things behind the back of his boss, but according to his partner, Inaki had participated in all the decision makings. I think the court wants to make sure they have reviewed all the documents, have sufficient evidence to find Inaki guilty before indict him officially due to Inaki's special position.
Elena was not involved in the scandal. Maybe herself doesn't want to do acts. In her unofficial biography, the author said Elena had never wanted to be an infanta. Maybe it's a good 'opportunity' for her this time to leave together with her sister. She had 30 acts last year, Cristina had 20, Kings and Princes were about 200,  I doubt the two sisters got much money from their Dad.
Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2011, 09:36:03 AM »

On Wed Zarzuela announced that they had been considering eliminating Elena and Cristina from the royal family, the next day they made the correction that Elena and Cristina would remain as the members of the RF since it's by law, the King can't change the law. But their activities would be further reduced. At this moment, I doubt Cristina will do any event, not sure about Elena. Both infantas only get paid by their Dad when they have an event, they don't receive money directly from the State, Laprincess is right JC is the only one who receives the money from the State and distributes as he pleases. Zarzuela will let go infantas' private secretary early next year, he was treasurer of Noos (Inaki's troublesome company). I think he was supposed to be Cristina or JC's 'eyes' in Noos, but somehow he failed to inform JC what was really happening there, maybe he did, now is being used as a scapegoat, who knows.
The scandal is very serious, will rock the foundation of the Monarchy if the SRF doesn't handle it properly. Thus it's very unwise for Sofia to pose with Inaki as if she was supporting him. Last weekend, the serious press asked Cristina to be removed from the line of succession if she wanted to stay in the marriage once Inaki was convicted. The serious press in Spain normally doesn't criticize monarchy (except for Inaki's financial scandal this time).

Thanks for the update.  Star

If Cristina is removed from the line of succession, will her children also be removed? Or they will remain in the line of succession?

I wonder whether now they'll finally hire a secretary for Letizia after they eliminate the infantas' secretary.

Who is conducting the investigation of Inaki right now? I wonder when they're going to make a decison on whether to charge him or not. Do you know?

Thanks!
Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2011, 09:47:00 AM »

Inaki has not been indicted, but his business partner, no 2 in Noos has been charged. The only possible way for No 1 being innocent and No 2 being guilty is this No 2 doing things behind the back of his boss, but according to his partner, Inaki had participated in all the decision makings. I think the court wants to make sure they have reviewed all the documents, have sufficient evidence to find Inaki guilty before indict him officially due to Inaki's special position.
Elena was not involved in the scandal. Maybe herself doesn't want to do acts. In her unofficial biography, the author said Elena had never wanted to be an infanta. Maybe it's a good 'opportunity' for her this time to leave together with her sister. She had 30 acts last year, Cristina had 20, Kings and Princes were about 200,  I doubt the two sisters got much money from their Dad.

50 acts? Letizia can take those on by herself easily. But if the infantas don't get money from their dad, where do they get money from? They don't hold a normal job. Inaki became wealthy in recent years. Did Elena get support from Jamie in the divorce settlement? Or do the infantas have trust funds? They both have a high standard of living.
dKaren

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2011, 09:49:08 AM »

Thanks for the update.  Star

If Cristina is removed from the line of succession, will her children also be removed? Or they will remain in the line of succession?

I wonder whether now they'll finally hire a secretary for Letizia after they eliminate the infantas' secretary.

Who is conducting the investigation of Inaki right now? I wonder when they're going to make a decison on whether to charge him or not. Do you know?

Thanks!

I think once Cristina is removed from the line of succession, her children will be removed as well (Clara can verify this).
Leti already has a secretary (a military man with multiple titles), he is under Felipe's secretary, infantas' secretary is under Sofia's secretary.
A prosecutor (don't remember his name) from the Balearic government is conducting the investigation.
dKaren

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2011, 09:54:08 AM »

Elena was not involved in the scandal. Maybe herself doesn't want to do acts. In her unofficial biography, the author said Elena had never wanted to be an infanta. Maybe it's a good 'opportunity' for her this time to leave together with her sister. She had 30 acts last year, Cristina had 20, Kings and Princes were about 200,  I doubt the two sisters got much money from their Dad.

50 acts? Letizia can take those on by herself easily. But if the infantas don't get money from their dad, where do they get money from? They don't hold a normal job. Inaki became wealthy in recent years. Did Elena get support from Jamie in the divorce settlement? Or do the infantas have trust funds? They both have a high standard of living.

Elena is a director in Mapfre Foundation, Cristina is a director in La Caixa foundation, each makes about 200K Euros annually according to the media (not sure it's true or not). Jaime is paying the child support after the divorce.
Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2011, 10:06:09 AM »

Oh no! I love Cristina's children!   Sad

I found some translated articles (several links on the right hand side) and readers' comments:

http://translate.google.c...52US267%26prmd%3Dimvnsfdl

The main points:
- Inaki tries to exonerate Cristina
- Inaki is potentially facing four charges including fraud and embesslement of public funds (they do sound very serious)
- The king's household expresses its respect for the justice system and will not defend Inaki

Daily Mail:
http://www.dailymail.co.u...phoning-public-money.html

As I suspected, the SRF will lay down the fire lane between itself and Inaki...and potentially Cristina as well. I think it is political savvy enough to weather the storm.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 11:55:00 AM by Laprincess » Logged
Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2011, 12:20:22 PM »

It's hitting English news channels. Inaki proclaims his innocence and expresses regrets embarrassing the royal family:

http://www.euronews.net/2...egret-over-fraud-inquiry/
http://www.guardian.co.uk...aud-scandal?newsfeed=true
http://www.telegraph.co.u...n-corruption-scandal.html
http://www.mb.com.ph/articles/343789/royal-problem

Spanish news:
http://politica.elpais.co...ad/1323548512_499047.html
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 12:55:42 PM by Laprincess » Logged
Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2011, 12:20:55 PM »

deleted
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 01:01:27 PM by Laprincess » Logged
Miss Waynfleet

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2011, 12:33:20 PM »

Does it looks like divorce?  Confused
Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2011, 12:59:41 PM »

Inaki hasn't been charged yet. If he's convicted the crimes, Cristina would have to make a choice: standing by her man or denouncing her succession right to the throne. I don't see how she could remained married to a convicted felon and in the line of succession.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 136   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: