Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Inaki's Corruption Scandal  (Read 280495 times)
Tinika

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #2010 on: February 19, 2017, 11:11:28 AM »

For the Dishers that are familiar with this case, how did Inaki not get away with this?  Usually people in power pull strings and connections to get their antics and wrongdoing swept under the carpet. 

As a non-spanish, I have to say that I'm quite envious. I know that Spanish people must be rightly angry, but they should be proud at their Judicial System as well. There're few countries where someone as close to the Commander-in-Chief would be prossecuted, let alone condement to so many years.

Great point.  Star
Clara
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #2011 on: February 19, 2017, 08:05:16 PM »

Most in the US only serve a fraction of their time ( especially for nonviolent crimes) and then get probation for a certain amount of time. Is it the same in Spain?

Yes, and once people has served a part of their sentence (for sentences longer than 5 years usually, it depends on many factors, they have to serve half of it before any of this) they can spend weekends at home etc...

cordtx

Warned
Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #2012 on: February 19, 2017, 09:24:19 PM »

Thanks Clara. Star
 So at least half- 3+years.

There's a feeling I get when I look to the West....and my Spirit is crying for leaving
gem

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #2013 on: February 19, 2017, 09:50:22 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdAUfwQ8h6M

Go be a rascal in prison Inaki
Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #2014 on: February 19, 2017, 09:56:35 PM »

After all the damages Cristina caused and the defiance she pulled against her brother, how dare Felipe not call her after her acquittal to offer support? Doesn't he know he and the whole earth should revolve around her?    Roll Eyes

"The ugly of the Kings to the Urdangarin destroys the coexistence in the Real Family

Not a call after knowing the sentence of the case N?os on the part of the King to his sister. The Infanta blames the Queen. And Juan Carlos I, Do?a Sof?a and Elena reject the attitude of Felipe VI.

More than 48 hours after knowing the sentence of the case N?os neither Philip VI nor Dona Letizia have been in contact with the Infanta Cristina , nor logically with I?aki Urdangarin , to give them encouragement and to transmit words of affection or support to them after the judicial varapalo of this Friday and that could in the next hours lead to prison to the exduque of Palma.
According to ESdiario sources close to Cristina de Borb?n , the marriage trusted to receive a call of the brother of Cristina after knowing the judgment of this Friday. A communication that has not occurred and which, considered an ugly gesture, has fed the tension between the Urdangarin and King Philip and Dona Letizia . The marriage imputed in the N?os case is "despised" by the current kings and, as the same sources point out, the discrepancies between the two marriages have caused the relationship to be "insurmountable".

A different attitude has had the rest of the Royal Family. Thus, always according to sources consulted, both Reina Sof?a and Juan Carlos I spoke throughout this Friday on several occasions with his daughter, once known the sentence. The same happened with Infanta Elena , who has a close relationship with both her sister and the now condemned Urdangarin . Elena de Borb?n  has even been offered, as ESdiario has learned , to spend a few days with the couple and their children in a remote rural area of ​​Geneva (Switzerland), where they would meet today to get away from the media outlets these days.

And is that the distance between the current Reyes and Cristina de Borb?n is a fact since I?aki Urdangarin was imputed and related to cases of corruption in the judicial calvary that has lasted 7 years. Since then relations have gradually cooled with several "key" moments in the relationship between siblings.
The first of the tensions occurred after the decision of the Royal House to remove, in October 2012, all institutional acts of the Crown to the marriage Urdangarin . From that moment the meetings in private were reduced to the minimum expression and in public they were eliminated completely. But the moment of greatest tension, and rupture, occurred in June 2015 when King Felipe revoked the title of Dukes of Palma. Shortly after the own Cristina rejected, as it would have asked the Real House, to renounce to its condition of Infanta of Spain.

The relations went from being non existent to the present point: very bad. A situation which, according to the sources consulted by ESdiario , has also deteriorated relations between Philip VI and his other sister, Infanta Elena , very critical of the attitude of the King and who directly blames Letizia for distancing herself. Neither has well seated, say the sources consulted, Don Juan Carlos and Do?a Sof?a the indifference of the current King with his sister. "One thing is in public and another very different in private", coincide in that thought the emeritus Kings.
The King and Queen of Spain, Felipe VI and Letizia , immediately heard the news - it was communicated discreetly by an assistant of the Royal House - while attending the inauguration of an exhibition at the Thyssen Museum. Subsequently, the House of the King issued an official communiqu? in which only the "respect" for the judicial decisions is expressed. As cold and brief as the "no" call between brothers."
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #2015 on: February 20, 2017, 12:41:34 AM »

^ Eff Cristina. But I assume/hope that F&L will be kind to those poor kids.
cordtx

Warned
Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #2016 on: February 20, 2017, 04:21:46 AM »

Discrepancies between the two marriages?

"A communication that has not occurred and which, considered an ugly gesture, has fed the tension between the Urdangarin and King Philip and Dona Letizia . The marriage imputed in the N?os case is "despised" by the current kings and, as the same sources point out, the discrepancies between the two marriages have caused the relationship to be "insurmountable"."

There's a feeling I get when I look to the West....and my Spirit is crying for leaving
getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #2017 on: February 20, 2017, 06:54:23 AM »

Hang on!!!

Can someone please buy our Gal, Cristina a phone that dials OUT please? Thumb up

It seems her phone only takes IN-coming calls

she might like to give her brother a call, instead of telling him to ring her  Dead

FFS grow up Crap

G Crap

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
jessmie

Medium Member

Psycho

Ignore
« Reply #2018 on: February 20, 2017, 05:12:04 PM »

Hang on!!!

Can someone please buy our Gal, Cristina a phone that dials OUT please? Thumb up

she might like to give her brother a call, instead of telling him to ring her  Dead

FFS grow up Crap

G Crap

To be fair, I think that it should be Felipe researching out to his sister not the other way round. It's them dealing with a crisis not Felipe. At the same time, I sympathise with Felipe too, in his role as king it wouldn't look very good being in contact with embezzlers, even if it's his sister! Cristina may have denied involvement, but I doubt people believe that! Felipe is the Head of State, and he clearly wants to protect the monarchy.
Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #2019 on: February 20, 2017, 05:20:24 PM »

Discrepancies between the two marriages?

"A communication that has not occurred and which, considered an ugly gesture, has fed the tension between the Urdangarin and King Philip and Dona Letizia . The marriage imputed in the N?os case is "despised" by the current kings and, as the same sources point out, the discrepancies between the two marriages have caused the relationship to be "insurmountable"."

Google speak translation: "Differences (disagreement) between two couples"..
Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #2020 on: February 20, 2017, 06:00:26 PM »

Hang on!!!

FFS grow up Crap

G Crap

To be fair, I think that it should be Felipe researching out to his sister not the other way round. It's them dealing with a crisis not Felipe. At the same time, I sympathise with Felipe too, in his role as king it wouldn't look very good being in contact with embezzlers, even if it's his sister! Cristina may have denied involvement, but I doubt people believe that! Felipe is the Head of State, and he clearly wants to protect the monarchy.

Providing private support while publicly declaring "justice is equal for all" was exactly why JC lost public support. JC asked his old friend, a heavy weight in Spanish law, to be her attorney and he works pro bono. He got her the cushy job with Aga Khan Foundation. Cristina reportedly got more than a half million euros from two jobs, much more than the king's and the queen's income combined. She got all the resources to fight the legal battle. No, justice is not equal to all. JC stacked the deck in her favor in spite of his public declaration. Judging from the comments online, many people found him hypocritical. If Felipe has called her, she would have made sure the press knows about it within hours. 

After her public defiance against Felipe regarding the revocation of her Duchess title and refusal of denouncing her succession right, it's her who owes Felipe an apology. In addition, she and her husband blamed Zarzuela staff for their transgression in court and blamed Letizia for their troubles in leaks to the press. She had been disloyal to Felipe. Yet, she expects Felipe to offer support?  Dead Clown

She's the one who destroyed the family relations but she's blaming others. The woman is a narcissistic duchebag and is as thick as a plank by defending her cheating felon husband who used her against the institution that gives her all the privileges in life. She said she was born an Infanta of Spain, she would die an Infanta of Spain. She never thought about there might not be a monarchy by that time, thanks to her actions.   Roll Eyes   
Clara
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #2021 on: February 20, 2017, 06:25:57 PM »

Hang on!!!

she might like to give her brother a call, instead of telling him to ring her  Dead

FFS grow up Crap

G Crap

Providing private support while publicly declaring "justice is equal for all" was exactly why JC lost public support. JC asked his old friend, a heavy weight in Spanish law, to be her attorney and he works pro bono. He got her the cushy job with Aga Khan Foundation. Cristina reportedly got more than a half million euros from two jobs, much more than the king's and the queen's income combined. She got all the resources to fight the legal battle. No, justice is not equal to all. JC stacked the deck in her favor in spite of his public declaration. Judging from the comments online, many people found him hypocritical. If Felipe has called her, she would have made sure the press knows about it within hours.  

After her public defiance against Felipe regarding the revocation of her Duchess title and refusal of denouncing her succession right, it's her who owes Felipe an apology. In addition, she and her husband blamed Zarzuela staff for their transgression in court and blamed Letizia for their troubles in leaks to the press. She had been disloyal to Felipe. Yet, she expects Felipe to offer support? Dead Clown

She's the one who destroyed the family relations but she's blaming others. The woman is a narcissistic duchebag and is as thick as a plank by defending her cheating felon husband who used her against the institution that gives her all the privileges in life. She said she was born an Infanta of Spain, she would die an Infanta of Spain. She never thought about there might not be a monarchy by that time, thanks to her actions.   Roll Eyes  

Star Star Star Star

Felipe is the one dealing with a crisis....the one single-handedly created by Cristina and her husband.

Clara
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #2022 on: February 20, 2017, 06:39:15 PM »

A Question of prudence
By not renouncing her inheritance rights, the infanta damages the institution she is supposed to defend

The only Spanish institution that responded relatively quickly to the evidence that it was undergoing a serious crisis was, curiously, the oldest and most obsolete, the monarchy , which made the most abrupt turn possible within its possibilities: it changed its king. The sentence of the Noos case , known this week, shows the convenience of the measure. The condemnation of I?aki Urdangarin would have ended up destroying the already damaged image of Don Juan Carlos, under whose reign, and control of the Royal Family, the excesses occurred. With that destruction, probably the remains of the sense of institution would have disappeared. If the traditional political parties, the Parliament or the Constitutional Court had understood at the same time the seriousness of the deterioration of their role, perhaps the citizens would have avoided some suffocation.

The condemnation of the husband of the Infanta Cristina may seem light, in view of the crimes that, according to the sentence, accumulate, but, of course, is not symbolic. Six years and three months falls within what was formerly called "major prison sentence" and now, "serious penalty". Neither is symbolic the condemning of the infanta herself to a fine of 265,000 euros for having benefited financially from the crimes of her husband. It is one thing for Dona Cristina to have been acquitted of cooperation in crimes, but she still receives a sanction as a lucrative participant in those of tax crimes.

Precisely for this reason, the Infanta should ask Felipe VI to separate her from the succession line, of which she is still part. It is true that the Constitution does not foresee that someone can be excluded against their will, but the scandal that has surrounded the criminal activities of her husband who, at the very least, used her name and rank for his crimes, should be sufficient argument for her to consider. It is not only that her presence in this list is offensive to the citizens, which it is, but also that while she remains in it will this affects the prestige of the monarchy, an institution that she is supposed to defend.

If this were so, she would understand that democratic monarchies are justified by their usefulness, but also by a certain moral magistracy which corresponds precisely to the fact that they have no legal responsibility whatsoever. It will be said that her dynastic rights are not important, because it is inconceivable that the institution could survive such a process, but that does not mean that someone who has been fined from benefiting from a tax crime should figure in the line of succession without political damage to the monarchy. The resignation of the Infanta Cristina would not be a matter of style, but of prudence.

I?aki Urdangar?n's criminal activities lasted, according to the ruling, for several years. It means that neither King Juan Carlos nor the Royal Household, the body that, under his dependence, is in charge of helping him in his functions, nor the presidents of Government who held the position in those years fulfilled their obligations. Don Juan Carlos, for his lax attitude; The Royal Household, for not knowing or warning the king with more insistence on what was happening, and the Government, which is legally responsible for the actions of the king, to renounce to exercise its necessary vigilance.

The Noos scandal should serve as a warning to those who now carry out those responsibilities. Neither Philip VI can emulate his father in his neglected private life, nor the head of the Royal Household can live in limbo, nor can the Government fail to fulfill its obligation to protect the Headship of State, something that does not happen if they believe preserving and guarding its prestige is to look the other way.

http://elpais.com/elpais/...on/1487411104_318655.html

editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #2023 on: February 21, 2017, 12:06:07 AM »

FFS grow up Crap

it's her who owes Felipe an apology...She's the one who destroyed the family relations but she's blaming others.

Felipe is the one dealing with a crisis....the one single-handedly created by Cristina and her husband.
Cristina is a greedy, narcissistic bitch. Star for all of you  Beer
jessmie

Medium Member

Psycho

Ignore
« Reply #2024 on: February 21, 2017, 02:25:48 AM »

Allow me to correct myself. Cristina is dealing with a personal crisis of her own making and Felipe is also dealing with a major crisis, as you have pointed out, he didn't himself create.

Still, I think if Cristina was discreet enough, I doubt Felipe would not have called her. But she has shown that she is totally selfish, turning up to Zarzuela uninvited, leaking rumours, making ridiculous statements re her titles. Despite the tragic fact that her husband will go to prison, she doesn't have any other worries. Everything is being paid for by her father, and her position, despite all the negative publicity, will still open doors since she knows the right people.
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: