Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Boxing Day  (Read 3032 times)
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Nauru Nauru

Ignore
« on: December 26, 2011, 09:33:11 pm »

okay, this is confusing first there is this photo: traditional "ladies shooting" on this years boxing day

http://ladies-shooting.com/home/

The Duchess of Cambridge lays down her gun for the sake of a quiet Christmas

The Duchess of Cambridge will not use a gun during the Royal family's Christmas shoot at Sandringham after complaints from animal rights campaigners in previous years. Since Kate Middleton began her relationship with Prince William, she has devoted herself to learning to shoot with the same dedication that she has shown to all of his interests. When the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge visit Sandringham for their first Christmas with the Royal family as a married couple, she will, however, lay down her gun.

“The Palace is very concerned to avoid any controversy,” says a courtier. “They do not want pictures of Catherine shooting to cause the same sort of complaints that we have had in recent years.” It is understood that the Duchess will accompany her husband and the other members of his family on the traditional Boxing Day shoot and on later outings at the Norfolk estate, but will remain in the background.

Previous festive shoots at Sandringham have provoked complaints from campaigners against field sports. Two years ago, the Earl of Wessex was cleared by the RSPCA of animal cruelty after photographs appeared to show him lashing out at two gun dogs with a stick during a pheasant shoot. In 2005, the Countess of Wessex was criticised by animal rights campaigners for shooting pheasants. In 2004, the Queen was subjected to similar complaints after she took a wounded bird from a gun dog’s jaws and beat it with her walking stick until dead.

Kate is likely to be disappointed not to be able to demonstrate her skills with a gun. Last month, she was spotted perfecting her shooting technique at Birkhall, the Prince of Wales’s private residence on the Queen’s Balmoral estate.

It was reported that her sister, Pippa, would join the Royal family for the Boxing Day shoot, but that is not the case. Their parents, Michael and Carole Middleton, were given shooting lessons while they stayed at Birkhall last year.Carole was photographed lying on grass holding a rifle with an instructor next to her while her husband watched.

One of the Duchess’s friends confirms that she is unlikely to shoot while at Sandringham, but says this “has more to do with tradition than anything else”, as “ladies do not hold the gun during a shoot”. St James’s Palace declines to comment.

Festive Camilla is a game bird
Anyone who cannot face turkey for their Christmas lunch could take a leaf out of the Duchess of Cornwall’s book. Camilla has contributed a recipe for Tarragon Roast Chicken to Not Just Jam …, a fundraising book by Hambleden Women’s Institute in Buckinghamshire. “I wrote to see if she might consider writing the foreword,” says Liz Jarvis. “Her secretary wrote to me and enclosed one of Camilla’s own recipes that she’d donated. I was quite stunned that she’d replied. It was such a lovely gesture.”

The Duchess once said of her son, the food writer Tom Parker Bowles: “Tom always tells everyone that the only thing that I can cook is a roast chicken, but it’s a very good roast chicken.”

http://www.telegraph.co.u...of-a-quiet-Christmas.html

and now on to the doggone fur coats and hats  

"Every once in a while a dog enters your life - and changes everything!"
gudgeon

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2011, 09:59:30 pm »

Those pics of her with guns are old, right? I know the fur hat one is old, and in the one with the blue vest she looks way too casual and dressed down for it to be current.

I'm dying to see the photos of the hunting from this year to see if she really does lay down her gun. I can't imagine she will. I imagine she's laughing in Peta's face. She's the DoC and she's gonna take part in all the traditional royal activities she's waited soooo long for. Especially after years of practicing shooting.

My adventures in baking: http://bakedtoorder.blogspot.com/ 
RoyalDish.com
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2011, 09:59:30 pm »

Heather1229

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2011, 10:52:28 pm »

THose pictures are old. Several years old in fact. I doubt we'll see any pictures at all, I believe HM banned paps from the property two years or so ago. If I'm wrong, could someone please correct me!
hanzo1
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Mozambique Mozambique

I am so sexy world

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2011, 11:04:00 pm »

That nasty smile she got It from her mom

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Nauru Nauru

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2011, 11:19:44 pm »

Those pics of her with guns are old, right? I know the fur hat one is old, and in the one with the blue vest she looks way too casual and dressed down for it to be current.

I'm dying to see the photos of the hunting from this year to see if she really does lay down her gun. I can't imagine she will. I imagine she's laughing in Peta's face. She's the DoC and she's gonna take part in all the traditional royal activities she's waited soooo long for. Especially after years of practicing shooting.

Yes they are gudgeon. Let's see if it has made any difference. More and more people are complaining about the torture of animals for fur, so let's see what happens.

freethespoon

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2011, 11:31:13 pm »

But why take shooting lessons if you're not going to shoot?

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Nauru Nauru

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2011, 12:34:40 am »

Oh, you know....

eastcoast

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2011, 12:29:46 am »

Recently found this site and have enjoyed the comments.    Thumb up I initially refrained from posting, for fear i might say something to warrant PW from sending his ppl out to get me now that he has chosen to police the media news and comments to "protect his wife".  Yikes  But I noticed no news on Boxing day and just came across this.
http://www.telegraph.co.u...for-a-shooting-party.html
I find it interesting how controlled the news is- I was interested in knowing if the sister-leach would be present. Apparently the media did not get  the memo on dis-invited because there were still many reports continuing to state she would be present for the shoot. I thought the one and only report was strange that said the sister was not invited- note several paragraphs down the article and one brief sentence. Who is spinning what?
One cannot rewrite history in this day and age! Sorry PW!
Honnish

Large Member

Togo Togo

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2011, 01:59:30 am »

Since Kate Middleton began her relationship with Prince William, she has devoted herself to learning to shoot with the same dedication that she has shown to all of his interests.

Because she has no interests of her own... we've never heard of Will doing anything related to her hobbies.  Thinking

Oh, you know....

Spiteful

Frodo wouldn't have got far without Sam.
Kuei Fei
Banned
Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2011, 05:49:46 am »

It sounds like Kate can't win; if she shoots she will anger PETA and if she doesn't, she will violate protocol and tradition and earn the ire of HM and the rest of the RF and guests there. I wonder which she will choose, her precious press or the chance at domestic stability.

Such a pity that bedroom gymnastics isn't an Olympic event; Kate would have been a gold medalist of several years standing.
Honnish

Large Member

Togo Togo

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2011, 06:22:12 am »

The BRF obviously doesn't care about PETA, hunting/shooting is in their blood and protesting about it would never work. Kate might as well try to adapt into the royal lifestyle by engaging in one of their traditions. The courtiers are thinking of Kate's image here by saying she wouldn't do any shooting, which is a bit pointless really. I mean, she's already going there with the RF, so regardless whether what she feels about shooting or if she downs some birds, in a way she already approves (or at least tolerates) the sport.

freethespoon

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2011, 08:13:36 am »

Oh, you know....

Ahhhh Hyacinth Bucket, it all becomes clear...

Honnish

Large Member

Togo Togo

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2011, 08:22:29 am »

^ Hyacinth Bouquet you mean. Tut-tut  Nono

Hester
Board Helper
Ginormous Member

Sudan Sudan

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2011, 09:47:11 am »

Ah ... my understanding is that it is spelt "Bucket" but pronounced "Bouquet" ....... so you're both right!

Star

Hester "Pretentiousness Expert" Hoganson  Whistle
Honnish

Large Member

Togo Togo

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2011, 10:58:40 am »

Ah ... my understanding is that it is spelt "Bucket" but pronounced "Bouquet" ....... so you're both right!

Star

Hester "Pretentiousness Expert" Hoganson  Whistle

Oh yeah I wasn't thinking clearly when I posted that...  Clown

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: