Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 33   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Silvia news  (Read 197218 times)
Lovis

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: December 04, 2014, 07:01:13 PM »

Queen Silvia has to be in good shape on Saturday (hopefully!) She is going to be awarded saturday with the honorary "Ein Herz für Kinder" award called "Honorary heart". The Bild (german newspaper) - to which Ein Herz für Kinder is related - reports that this is a new price and she is the first person ever to receive. In 2003 she already got Das Goldene Herz (golden heart) ... and now for her achievement for children in need.

I didn´t know that. Confused But now I know why BILD didn´t report anything about Snakey´s past...
JohnnyH

Mini Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: December 04, 2014, 07:10:38 PM »

Queen Silvia has to be in good shape on Saturday (hopefully!) She is going to be awarded saturday with the honorary "Ein Herz für Kinder" award called "Honorary heart". The Bild (german newspaper) - to which Ein Herz für Kinder is related - reports that this is a new price and she is the first person ever to receive. In 2003 she already got Das Goldene Herz (golden heart) ... and now for her achievement for children in need.

I didn´t know that. Confused But now I know why BILD didn´t report anything about Snakey´s past...

Bild belongs to the Springer Verlag - the charity event is hosted by Elfriede (?) Springer. So at the end of November Bild starts to publish a lot of articles about sick kids and kids got healthy again, etc. Btw. this year's golden heart goes to Harry Belafonte ;-)
I really hope Queen Silvia can make it to come ... would love to hear more about her work in german live-television. She really achieved a lot!

Dancing is the most beautiful expression a body can embrace.
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: December 07, 2014, 04:48:35 PM »

Silvia received the German award "Ein Herz für Kinder" - "A Heart for Children” in Berlin. The award was handed to her at a charity gala concert.

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: December 07, 2014, 05:14:03 PM »

interesting:

Auma Obama, half-sister of US-President Barack Obama attended as well.

Soovie

Mini Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: December 08, 2014, 04:35:32 AM »

It would have been more honest if she had given a short statement and said "Sorry. I am mortified that my dad was involved with the Nazis". Or something like that. But that is the German mentality. They stayed quiet about it ... and they covered up.

I think much worse is that her father himself lied about his connections with the Nazis. He denied everything (but later was proved) - IMO he lied his children too. Therefore maybe Silvia wasn`t sure about... and wanted to trust her father more than others...
Statement would be fine but I am not sure if e.g. Maxima had given one too  Thinking

And, last but not least, Swedish RF (some of the members) had close relationship to Nazis too (Gustav V. for example), not to mention Swedish iron export to Germany during II. WW... So, why to get excited about her father?

Even after Silvia had all the evidence of her father's history, she tried to whitewash it.
She made it sound like her father had done something brave and saved the life of a jewish factory owner who sold his company in Berlin and moved to Brazil. In reality, Sommerlath took advantage of the situation, when the nazis forced jews to sell their companies. He paid the man, Efim Wechsel, a lot less than the company was worth and Wechsel probably took the lousy deal just to get out alive with his family.
But Silvia tried to make daddy dearest sound like some Oscar Schindler. I don't think that anybody who isn't on the payroll of the court pretend that they believe what she is saying.

I agree completely with you and Miss Marple. As it turns out, Silvia's father was like the art dealers in the nazi era, buying up art collections from jewish germans who had no choice but sell their art for a fraction of its value and save their lives and get out of germany. In my and the international court's opinion, this is the equivalent of theft. Silvia's father was a thief, in other words. Sure it's not her fault at all but she does need to acknowledge it, not lie about it. If she's lying about this, what else is she lying about? My point is, I agree, this just comes across as not very sympathetic on Silvia's part, to say the least.
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: December 24, 2014, 02:11:47 AM »

Happy 71st birthday to Silvia (Dec. 23) Thumb up
I hope she gets her birthday wish Spiteful
Was there any celebration? Any photos?
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: February 14, 2015, 02:07:12 PM »

Yesterday, Silvia received the Austrian Minister for Family and Youth, Sophie Karmasin at the Royal Palace.

In the evening, CG and Silvia saw the performance “Written on Skin” at the Royal Opera in Stockholm.

Lovis

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: March 24, 2015, 07:22:43 AM »

Apparently Silvia payed a secret visit to my home province.  Tongue She spent one night at a hotel near Freiburg/Breisgau to visit her aunt, uncle and cousin. I lived near/in Freiburg the first 26 years of my life, I never knew she has relatives there. Confused

http://www.badische-zeitu...h-verwandte-im-dreisamtal
Arturo94

Huge Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: April 03, 2015, 09:54:41 PM »

Wow....Silvia on April 26th and 27th will be in Rome  Shocked But it's not a state visit if I've understood good.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 10:15:08 PM by Arturo94 » Logged

Madame Verseau

Medium Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: April 26, 2015, 02:06:45 AM »

Looking forward to pictures of the visit to Rome.  Sil, Madde, Chris & Leo visiting would be good press for SRF, given the ridiculousness that's coming up in the next two months.
Imperial Majesty

Small Member

Madeleine's reaction to the wedding

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: June 30, 2015, 02:46:16 AM »

Here is a quote Silvia said in 2000 regarding Victoria's eating disorder:

“It was a shock for me when I found out about [Victoria’s anorexia]. I have often asked myself what I did wrong and what the causes of the disease were, but I found no answer. Nevertheless I blame myself”
gracie

Micro Member

Who can guess how many #@!*% I give?

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: June 30, 2015, 03:28:11 PM »

Does she mean she didn't notice Victoria losing weight? or that they discovered she had disordered eating habits very early, before she had lost a noticeable amount of weight? I'm a little confused by her statement  Confused
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: June 30, 2015, 03:49:27 PM »

Does she mean she didn't notice Victoria losing weight? or that they discovered she had disordered eating habits very early, before she had lost a noticeable amount of weight? I'm a little confused by her statement  Confused

Sometimes it is hard to notice the things which happen directly under your own eyes or nose...........
And based on what I have heard and experienced myself most anorexia (or other eating disorders) patients are really good in disguising their bad habits. In some cases only noticed when they are really skinny, their bad breath or other typical signs.
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: June 30, 2015, 04:00:58 PM »

Years ago she gave an interview how she restricted bad food in her house etc. I remember because my mom was totally found of that. And it sounded a bit ... strict and obsessed.
Cecilia

Big Member

Sweden Sweden

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: July 01, 2015, 01:12:28 PM »

Gracie: if you look at the first page on this thread My13 writes about how strict Silvia was with that there should only be served lowfat food, and how she always was onto Victoria on keeping herself thin, and also herself. to grow up with a parent or both parents just who is so into controlling body wight I beleive can truly cause eating disorders. Silvia also said about American people that they are too fat at visit to US.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 33   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: