Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 35   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Silvia news  (Read 232505 times)
Suzerain
Banned
Warned
Humongous Member

Heard Island and McDonald Islands Heard Island and McDonald Islands

Did you know some snakes have retractable fangs?

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2012, 12:12:53 PM »

CNN did a segment about Silvia’s work with Childhood.

http://thecnnfreedomproje...s-child-sex-exploitation/

Excerpt:

Why not simply focus your efforts in your country, in Sweden?

“This is a problem which you have in every country. You know, it has nothing to do with to be poor or not, you have it everywhere.”

“The exploitation of children is the same wherever you are. We don’t reinvent the wheel, but we find the good organizations, even if they’re small but they’re doing wonderful work, we try to help them.”

What the heck happened to Madeleine’s voice? Shocked Go to 03:00 and compare it to her engagement interview. Blink

I'm thinking nothing (much) happened to her voice. In the engagement interview she is a bit nervous and wants to be heard well, so she's probably talking higher than her normal voice would be. In the second clip she is much more calm and relaxed and that is probably her normal voice. Then again, cigarettes and booze might have had some effect but not much.  People who have a naturally low voice tend to speak higher on situations where they fear no-one would be able to make out what they say otherwise. I know I do it myself all the time. People are shocked to notice that I'm actually a contralto.

Royaltyfan

Warned
Small Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2012, 07:36:49 PM »

CNN did a segment about Silvia’s work with Childhood.

http://thecnnfreedomproje...s-child-sex-exploitation/

Excerpt:

Why not simply focus your efforts in your country, in Sweden?

“This is a problem which you have in every country. You know, it has nothing to do with to be poor or not, you have it everywhere.”

“The exploitation of children is the same wherever you are. We don’t reinvent the wheel, but we find the good organizations, even if they’re small but they’re doing wonderful work, we try to help them.”

What the heck happened to Madeleine’s voice? Shocked Go to 03:00 and compare it to her engagement interview. Blink

I'm thinking nothing (much) happened to her voice. In the engagement interview she is a bit nervous and wants to be heard well, so she's probably talking higher than her normal voice would be. In the second clip she is much more calm and relaxed and that is probably her normal voice. Then again, cigarettes and booze might have had some effect but not much.  People who have a naturally low voice tend to speak higher on situations where they fear no-one would be able to make out what they say otherwise. I know I do it myself all the time. People are shocked to notice that I'm actually a contralto.

I could have something to do with speaking swedish in one video, and english in the other.
People tell me that my voice is deeper when I'm speaking german, and much higher when speaking english.

I hear different voices with a lot of people when speaking in different languages, even dialects.

I carry your heart with me, I carry it in my heart, I am never without it... - E.E. Cummings
My13

Big Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2012, 11:52:45 PM »

Silvia has been giving interviews (nothing new) about the Mentor Foundation, which she helped to found in 1994. The Mentor Foundation is dedicated to preventing teen drug abuse.

http://www.expressen.se/n...har-barnen-ar-forebilder/
http://www.aftonbladet.se...yheter/article15479014.ab

She also talked about Madeleine and Victoria.

Silvia reveals that she and Madeleine, along with Crown Princess Victoria, often have fierce discussions at home at the kitchen table in the palace.

“We talk about Mentor. We talk about Childhood and we also talk about the Scouts.”

“I am very happy and proud that Madeleine is interested in this. She has studied various subjects at university that pertain to children and the problems that exist. But now she is concentrating on Childhood. So I hope that someone else in the family can get involved with Mentor.”

I think Madeleine may inherit Childhood from Silvia. Thinking But who does Silvia want to get involved with Mentor? I can’t see Carl Philip volunteering - it’s telling that he’s the only sibling excluded from the kitchen table discussions. Whistle Maybe Daniel?

I (Johan T. Lindwall) talked to Princess Madeleine. She told me that she has a role model too. It is the queen.

Silvia is a bit lost for words and becomes genuinely self-conscious. “Oh, thank you. That was good to hear.”

Madeleine has not told you that?

Silvia laughs and says quickly: “Maybe, sometimes you might feel it.”

PrincessRoyal

Mini Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2012, 12:15:18 AM »

Maybe if CP's wife will not be Snakey but a smart and educated woman, she could take the patronage for Mentor?
lilith

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2012, 10:15:21 AM »

I think Madeleine may inherit Childhood from Silvia. Thinking But who does Silvia want to get involved with Mentor? I can’t see Carl Philip volunteering - it’s telling that he’s the only sibling excluded from the kitchen table discussions. Whistle Maybe Daniel?
I was thinking about Daniel too for Mentor. It seems to fit into the range of things he's interested in.
My13

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2012, 04:13:37 PM »

I was thinking about Daniel too for Mentor. It seems to fit into the range of things he's interested in.

ITA, and I think he and Silvia would work well together. They're both energetic and focused and Daniel's laid back personality would complement Silvia's perfectionism.
lilith

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2012, 04:26:49 PM »

ITA, and I think he and Silvia would work well together. They're both energetic and focused and Daniel's laid back personality would complement Silvia's perfectionism.
Thumb up I've a feeling they have a very good and warm relationship so they could click also in the working enviroment.
My13

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2012, 09:31:43 PM »

Silvia attended the seminar "Protecting and Supporting the World's Women and Children" in Minnesota.

"The Internet is a fantastic tool, but it can also be completely devastating. There are unfortunately adults who try to make contact with children (on the Internet) and win their trust in order to exploit them. In some cases it has ended with the child being killed."

As a new grandmother, Silvia worries for her grandchild Estelle. The queen has talked to Victoria and Daniel about Estelle’s future upbringing and all the dangers.

"I am deeply worried about all the dangers that are out there. Thankfully, Estelle is still small, but we constantly talk about this at home. "

"I have spoken to an expert and he said that we as parents should take the child and the computer into the living room or kitchen. That way we can see what they are doing."

Article and video: http://www.expressen.se/n...-kan-vara-helt-forodande/

I usually like Silvia’s speeches and interviews, but not this time Sad In the US, most children are molested, kidnapped or killed by people they know - NOT strangers. Blaming the Internet won’t solve anything.

And does she really think Estelle will be in danger? She'll have a Säpo guard as soon as she can walk Tongue
bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2012, 10:26:28 PM »

I agree that Estelle will be guarded closely, and there will be all kinds of filters in place to protect her from the public on the Internet.  I think the queen made those remarks only as a way of suggesting that all parents monitor kids' Internet activity closely.
Hinged

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2012, 12:19:25 AM »

The idea of stranger danger is very strong. Parents are overwhelming more worried about the random man who would wave and smile a cute kid then they are of their neighbor or friends. Most people don't worry about what people the actually know will do.
MeandI
Banned
Muted
Small Member

Barbados Barbados

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2012, 06:55:54 PM »

Syl doesn't interview well.
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2012, 10:30:52 PM »

She surely doesn't. Well, she can't talk about dangers at home because someone might remember that Estelle's grandfather is ehmmm ... found of very special women  Champagne and that is something she will want to forget.
Swashbuckler

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2012, 06:20:40 PM »

Queen Silvia attended the Swedish Equestrian Federation centennial celebration at Stockholm City Hall on November 11, 2012.
http://kuvakauppa.lehtiku...4f4e238a500721&menu=0

SouthernBelle

Big Member

With my thumbs I like to think I'm probably useful

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2012, 08:09:41 PM »

Is it me or does the pattern on Silvia's dress seem like a nod to her future DiL?

Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Denmark Denmark

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: November 29, 2012, 08:27:54 PM »

Is it me or does the pattern on Silvia's dress seem like a nod to her future DiL?

For real, I was just about to write that!!!!  Yikes Yikes Yikes

SouthernBelle, a  Star for that!  Laugh bounce

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 35   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: