Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 33   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Silvia news  (Read 200125 times)
Ginger

Small Member

Sweden Sweden

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: March 23, 2016, 01:21:49 PM »

SG and Ginger, Do you both mean Silvia's sadness is because of CG's being unfaithful?

Or has there been other cause to cause all her sadness?

I had no idea that she started plastic surgery at 50  Yikes OMG like WTF WHY???

tak

G Smiley

I haven't followed SRF through the years,  and I don't know much except the big "things", but Silvia seems to be a broken woman...trapped.
Maybe she's tried to keep the family and the Swedish monarchy together, but no one except Victoria has been really interested.
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: March 25, 2016, 01:02:59 PM »

I don't want to sound mean or something but Silvia choose that for herself. My late granny always told the story how Silvia was engaged to someone else whom she left after she got the chance to become Queen of Sweden.

Being Queen is very important to her, there are numerous accounts that she insists up to a point that it seems a bit ridiculous on the protokoll and how people address her. I also find it very strange that she refers to her own daughter as "the crown princess". And the SRF is the only royal family who makes protokoll so obvious ... like putting Dan's family into the second row at the recent Te Deum. I think this is vain.

I know I told this story 100s to times before ... I went to university with someone who trained in a hotel first. It was a very exclusive hotel and part of her training was an exchange with a similar hotel in Sweden. This is how she came to be one of ther servers of a very important banquet. Well ... Madde (then in her late teens or early 20s) treated all the stuff very arrogantly. I think this reflects very badly on Silvia as well, that she taught her kids that they are "so above" everyone.

As a matter of fact ... despite all the resources and connections CP has turned out a total failure but the family for years looked down on Dan and publicly shaming him to be "not good enough" for their daughter even though he was a business man. Yes, it was a very small business, but it surely paid his bills.

Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: March 25, 2016, 01:15:32 PM »

I never knew Silvia was engaged before. Shocked I've read she had a boyfriend named Gert von Brandenstein before meeting CG. Is he the one you're referring to?
freethespoon

Most Exalted Member

Official TeaSpoon of Royal Dish. Aka TrollSpoon.

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: March 25, 2016, 01:16:46 PM »

I don't want to sound mean or something but Silvia choose that for herself. My late granny always told the story how Silvia was engaged to someone else whom she left after she got the chance to become Queen of Sweden.

Being Queen is very important to her, there are numerous accounts that she insists up to a point that it seems a bit ridiculous on the protokoll and how people address her. I also find it very strange that she refers to her own daughter as "the crown princess". And the SRF is the only royal family who makes protokoll so obvious ... like putting Dan's family into the second row at the recent Te Deum. I think this is vain.

I know I told this story 100s to times before ... I went to university with someone who trained in a hotel first. It was a very exclusive hotel and part of her training was an exchange with a similar hotel in Sweden. This is how she came to be one of ther servers of a very important banquet. Well ... Madde (then in her late teens or early 20s) treated all the stuff very arrogantly. I think this reflects very badly on Silvia as well, that she taught her kids that they are "so above" everyone.

As a matter of fact ... despite all the resources and connections CP has turned out a total failure but the family for years looked down on Dan and publicly shaming him to be "not good enough" for their daughter even though he was a business man. Yes, it was a very small business, but it surely paid his bills.

I know this opinion won't be popular but I think the SRF have tin ears.  They genuinely believe they are 'above' and that whatever they do is ok because they are 'above' and the people will accept their decisions / behaviour.  Vic in that interview where she was genuinely surprised at the question of whether the Swedes even want/need a royal family.  'Of course they do' without a moment's hesitation.  When Vic and Dan moved into their house and it cut off access to the public to the park.  They just went and did it as if the people would just go 'oh ok, go for it'.  CP's atrocious life choices, which are paid for by the taxpayer.  Even Madde (who is my favourite in the SRF) has a tendency (IMO) to be a royal when it suits and a private citizen when it doesn't.

I wonder how much of that is Sylvia and CG.  They don't seem particularly in touch or smart.

As for them looking down on Dan's business, his business paid his bills.  He didn't need the taxpayer paying his way. 

You can call me TrollSpoon.
Duchess of Suffolk

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: March 25, 2016, 07:54:15 PM »

Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: March 25, 2016, 08:39:19 PM »

I never knew Silvia was engaged before. Shocked I've read she had a boyfriend named Gert von Brandenstein before meeting CG. Is he the one you're referring to?

It might be. I don't know. My granny followed Silvia for years (I must have gotten my Royal obsession somewhere  Tongue) and this is what she said. Anyway, she left him the minute she met CG (while doing a job connected to sport, makes you wonder why she could not warm up for son-in-law #1).
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #336 on: March 25, 2016, 08:49:22 PM »

My issue with this attitude is that it essentially takes blame from CG and puts it on Silvia. "She knew what she got into", "she could just walk away", "she's just a gold digger".. yeah, yeah: but Carl Gustav is a CHEATING PIG. He is a spoiled man child, who pouts when the public tells him what to do. He breaks laws and doesn't care what his actions mean to other people. Looking at Silvia now tells a tale of a broken person. Her face says it all. Her way of being now tells it all. Blaming her for staying with CG is like blaming Charlene for Albert's children born out of wedlock. They're hardly equally to blame.
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: March 25, 2016, 09:09:41 PM »

You obviously have a point there. But Silvia seemed to be very eager to become Queen of Sweden and all her doings show that being Queen is very important to her and for that she puts up with a lot of things. CP is the exact copy of his father IMO: Unstable, unable, taste for cheap women and she put up with him as well. 

There are a few strange points about her ... why snub Dan for years and pretend to welcome the snake with open arms? Why do both of her daughters create very close knits families for themselves with Madde stating that was what was missing when she was a child? Why put up with CGs immoral behaviour? Why being "happy" about Maddes engagement to Jonas the cheater even she knew the truth (and knew what it felt like to be married to a cheater).

Sparky

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: March 25, 2016, 09:19:04 PM »

IMO - CG is a asshole and the fault lies with him for being a cheating pig but Silvia wasn't some sort of naive lady and devoted wife who married for love only to get back-stabbed and humiliated. It is the same situation as the Haakon and MM marriage, Haakon wasn't some innocent besotted man who got conned, he knew what or had some idea of what MM was like and doesn't do anything about what she does unless it directly affects him.

You obviously have a point there. But Silvia seemed to be very eager to become Queen of Sweden and all her doings show that being Queen is very important to her and for that she puts up with a lot of things. CP is the exact copy of his father IMO: Unstable, unable, taste for cheap women and she put up with him as well. 

There are a few strange points about her ... why snub Dan for years and pretend to welcome the snake with open arms? Why do both of her daughters create very close knits families for themselves with Madde stating that was what was missing when she was a child? Why put up with CGs immoral behaviour? Why being "happy" about Maddes engagement to Jonas the cheater even she knew the truth (and knew what it felt like to be married to a cheater).

There are also stories of Silvia watching her daughter's food intake like a hawk and that is what drove Victoria to anorexia.  Nono

JohnnyH

Mini Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: March 26, 2016, 10:18:19 AM »

That's exactly what my mother told me some weeks ago.

As for the cheating: yes CG is a pig. And I def. would have divorced no matter that title he got.
There were persistent rumors in a lot of magazines - my mother said - that Silvia herself was cheating. So with Roger Moore. And that Madeleine would be his daughter.
I personally do not believe Madeleine being from another father. But do we really know she was never cheating on him and she is only offended that it came out by CG? That being said: we will probably never know the truth.

Dancing is the most beautiful expression a body can embrace.
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: March 26, 2016, 11:57:15 AM »

They are the same generation as my parents and I see a pattern that is repeated there over and over. Beautiful classy girl marries successful man (obviously not a king in my parent's friend's circles, but you get the idea).

They are wealthy, have a lovely house, 2-3 children. He goes astray. She does not want to loose social status and money and stays. They arrange themselves in the situation. He does not want a divorce either because it might taint his social status and people would talk. He is also quite aware that the girls that throw themselves at him (that is the way he sees it) want him for money and status, not for the person. And the married couples live like that for decades (also see Sofia and JC).

Would she have married dyslexic, average looking CG if he had been the postman or some ordinary blue collar worker without much prospect to ever climb up the career ladder because of his dyslexia? The answer is no. Most likely not. She married him most likely for wealth and status. And she is paying a bitter price.

Does she regret? Well ... if you look at Dan who is a lovely, genuine guy and the way both CG and she treated him for years (and still do at times) ... you can tell, we don't know, but her action (and CG's action) show that status is very important to them. Even within their own family. Just when it comes to the snake, they cast a very blind eye (or four ...) 
esther angeline

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: March 26, 2016, 05:24:45 PM »

Do we know that Sivia was also opposed to Daniel?  CG and his Grey Men would have had enough snobbery for both of them.
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: March 27, 2016, 11:19:17 AM »

Do we know that Sivia was also opposed to Daniel?  CG and his Grey Men would have had enough snobbery for both of them.

At least she was free enough to come forward and say something nice about the snake  Blink ... I think she would have loved Victoria to marry way more glamorous.
Duchess of Suffolk

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #343 on: March 31, 2016, 05:57:13 PM »

Silvia unknown design career

31 March, 2016

Queen and designer. Did you know this about Queen Silvia?

Did you think that Prince Carl Philip was the Swedish royal family's sole designer? Wrong, wrong, wrong.
Even Queen Silvia has been inside, and tiptoed to form the donor area. Not herself, should be said, of course - but with designer Diana Holstein.
Read more about this on Camilla's blog behind the scenes.

It was the King's 60th birthday in 2006 as Silvia and Diana put their heads together and designed damask tablecloths and placemats for the prestigious Georg Jensen. The linen adorned with the royal monogram - and scout lily.

The king's a devoted Scout and the year after his 60th birthday, that is, in 2007, celebrated the World Scout Foundation additionally 100 years. I think you can discern oak leaves in pattern too. Pat, the king live in Eker? - on Lov?n specifically.

A little special to see the queen's name on a "design sheet", right? Now this was not the first time that Queen Silvia and Diana's paths crossed. Three years earlier, the Queen's 60th birthday in 2003, Diana was contacted by Georg Jensen - they might she would weave a gift to Silvia. So it also became, in the form of three canvases - a "standard", a p?skduk and a table cloth.

Have you taken a liking to Silvia design? Yes, then it is simply to surf to Bukowskis Market and make a bid. There, sold namely a party of two cloths and napkins 20 right now. The starting price is 4000 dollars and now stands at 2000 SEK. The auction ends on 1 April. And if you want to read more about Silvia design projects from the time it went so head is made to the court's website!

Duchess of Suffolk

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: April 09, 2016, 03:26:21 PM »

Queen buys the year's first Mayflower pin

Queen with Axel Stridsberg and Ella Bosell from Solskiftesskolan in ?ster?ker.

Friday, April 8 bought the Queen traditionally the year's first Mayflower pin.
This year it was Axel Stridsberg and Ella Bosell from Solskiftesskolan in ?ster?ker who sold this year's first Mayflower campaign to the Queen.  During the meeting, the Queen thanked them for being good examples, showing that children can get involved to help children in distress.

Sales of this year's Mayflower pin starts Thursday, April 14.

Queen buys mayflowers Axel and Ella from Solskiftesskolan in ?ster?ker.

Mayflower
Mayflower is the largest children's charity.  Mayflower working to improve conditions for children and combat child poverty in Sweden.
The Queen is the Mayflower highest patron and buys the first Mayflower each year.

The Queen buys this year's first majblomma.

#kungahuset #majblomman

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 33   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: