Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 33   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Silvia news  (Read 189426 times)
Duchess of Suffolk

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: April 14, 2016, 01:38:00 AM »

Queen at the conference on human trafficking

Conference on "Human Trafficking in the 21st Century" is on 12 to 13 April.

Tuesday, April 12 Queen took part in an international conference on human trafficking. 
The Queen was one of the speakers at the Human Trafficking in the 21st Century, held at Uppsala University.

The conference brought together experts in the field of human trafficking, trafficking.  Human trafficking affects millions of individuals worldwide.

During the conference "Human Trafficking in the 21st Century" held at the University of Uppsala.

The Queen began the second part of the conference with a speech and talked about the need to exchange experiences and to develop best practices in the fight against human trafficking.  The Queen also highlighted that, according to UNICEF today is more than 1.2 million children worldwide who are victims of human trafficking and that we are now in Europe and in Sweden an alarming situation regarding unaccompanied minors who are at risk of becoming victims of trafficking.

Silvia's full speech in english: http://www.kungahuset.se/...f56a2f153f0af2c2c45b.html

Duchess of Suffolk

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: April 20, 2016, 10:55:05 PM »

The Queen in New York

The Queen at the session of the UN General Assembly.

Tuesday 19 and Wednesday 20 April, the Queen was in New York to participate in meetings on drug prevention and to attend the reception for the UN High Level Meeting on Agenda by 2030.

Tuesday, April 19

World Countries meeting in New York April 19 to 21 for a special session on drugs in the UN General Assembly. The UN General Assembly Special Session (UNGASS) external link  discuss the drug issue for the second time, the first session was held in 1998.
During Tuesday's "First Listen", an event initiated by Sweden and France on evidence-based prevention efforts for children and young queen spoke and said:

"Children and young people need adults who support while growing up. As the founder of Mentor International, I have seen the strong and long-lasting effect that early action can bring. In several countries, build our programs on mentoring with committed adults to help young people to navigate through the difficulties and challenges that they encounter while growing up. "

The purpose of the meeting is that the UN member countries to agree on a political declaration with a number of goals that set the agenda for the future.  The government has for several years been working on preparations for UNGASS.  Sweden has actively promoted the global drug work linked to the Agenda 2030 and pushed for the children, for gender equality and user perspective should be included in the declaration.

The UN General Assembly Special Session (UNGASS) to discuss the drugs issue for the second time, the first session was held in 1998.

Wednesday, April 20

Queen's day began with a visit to the High School of Economics and Finance to take part of the Mentor Program "Shattering the Myths" developed by Mentor USA in collaboration with NIDA (National Institute on Drug Abuse), which brings together students and researchers for discussions on drug problems in society.

The Queen attended a meeting and had the opportunity to talk to young people and hear their thoughts on effective prevention.

Queen together with students at the High School of Economics and Finance.

The queen then participated in a lunch meeting with the World Childhood Foundation, USA.

The day ended with a reception for visiting heads of state and government gathered in New York for the UN High Level Meeting on Agenda by 2030.

Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: May 21, 2016, 12:34:50 PM »

Silvia has teamed up with IKEA-founder Ingvar Kamprad to build houses where people with dementia can live with their families.

The new concept is called SilviaBo:

I have often thought about when a person becomes demented and is put in accommodation and then split from their family.
Isn't it possible to be able to provide both care and also maintain the family at the same time? Be at the health care place during the day and then in the evening come home and be with your family?

The idea is that we will build apartments where sick people are able to stay with their families, and when the rest of the family is at work or in school during the day, the person will be at Silviahemmet at day care. This way, they can have both worlds.

http://www.expressen.se/n...-mote-med-ingvar-kamprad/

I think this sounds like a great idea! Thumb up
diamond

Medium Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: May 21, 2016, 12:39:23 PM »

It is a brilliant idea.  I saw a documentary about a village constructed in Holland where everyone apart from the carers had dementia or a form of dementia.  It looked very nice and the people seemed happy.
Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: May 21, 2016, 02:01:11 PM »

I once read about that dutch village, too. It's a wonderful idea and one I hope will spread all over the world.

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: May 23, 2016, 10:39:18 AM »

It is a brilliant idea.  I saw a documentary about a village constructed in Holland where everyone apart from the carers had dementia or a form of dementia.  It looked very nice and the people seemed happy.

I was surprised, I couldn't remember hearing about this. So I have looked for it, apparently it came in the (Dutch) media in 2014

http://mens-en-gezondheid...or-dementiepatienten.html

With nice pictures of the village:
http://www.mantelzorgelij...ver-de-hogeweyk-in-weesp/
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: May 25, 2016, 10:13:26 AM »

Silvia was in Germany yesterday to receive the Benediktpreis von M?nchengladbach award.

Looks like she had some work done in time for Oscar's christening because that face is TIGHT!  Nerves

AddiesGirl
Banned
Banned
Big Member

United States United States

"I am aware that you believe me insane" - Sisi

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: May 25, 2016, 11:17:28 AM »

Poor thing, she's starting to really remind me of Cayetana, only Silvia was beautiful once.
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: May 29, 2016, 12:15:31 PM »

She still has an amazing body but the hair helmet does not fit anymore. She needs to change her hair colour and stop messing with her face. I admire Daisy, she still pulls of that regal look - with white hair.
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: August 03, 2016, 01:18:36 PM »

Silvia visited a summer camp for children organized by Deutsche Fernsehlotterie in Heroldsbach, Germany.

bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: August 03, 2016, 05:56:05 PM »

If she were to stop doing plastic surgery, would her face ever sag back to normal proportions? I just hate seeking that constant stretched-out smile.
Arturo94

Huge Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: September 18, 2016, 07:26:16 PM »

Silvia granted an interview to the German magazine Nido, where she talked about her children and their upbringing.
http://www.expressen.se/n...ket-utrymme-att-gora-fel/

"When Queen Silvia was small, she lived ten years in Brazil, together with his German father and Brazilian mother. She spent the rest of the childhood in Germany.
She has raised three children in Sweden.
In a frank interview with the German family magazine Nido, the Queen of Sweden talked about the royal children's upbringing and childhood - and how these have changed over time.

Silvia says that sometimes she was sorry that her own children have been subjected to constant surveillance since they were little.
That it has not always been easy.

- But I have to say that the press has been fair to my children, the children have never been persecuted and could go to school in peace. It became more difficult when they turned 18, when the journalists thought they were adults. But it is not so easy, children don't grew from one day to the other. It was still developing- says Silvia to Nido.

She thinks that the press sometimes have been hard to royal children - and the worst thing of all was when she had to comforted the children for a spread information that was not true, she says.
In addition, she admits that the rules in the royal family are stricter.
- Yes of course. Above all, there is not much room to make mistakes. A general rule is not drinking alcohol before 18 and my children needed to follow it stricter, because they have been role models- says Silvia to Nido.

All three royal children have now become parents, and Silvia has a total of five grandchildren
Carl Philip said: "It is a miracle"
The Queen tells the magazine that she believes that it is harder to be a parent - and especially children - today. When everything "has become faster and more complex. "
All her three children have now become parents, and Silvia has a total of five grandchildren. The latest of them having a children was Prince Carl Philip, Prince Alexander with the Princess Sofia in April.
- It was really touching when my son told me: "It is a miracle to keep such a small being in his arms, but how many responsibilities I have!" [...], the Queen says to Nido."

Passing Stars

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: September 18, 2016, 08:26:43 PM »

This woman has grown so aged looking in the past year.  I don't know if it's being less in the spotlight, having to watch her husband lust after his dil, watching her son so used, or just the passing of time, but it is extreme  Confused
AddiesGirl
Banned
Banned
Big Member

"I am aware that you believe me insane" - Sisi

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: September 18, 2016, 08:42:12 PM »

Silvia granted an interview to the German magazine Nido, where she talked about her children and their upbringing.
http://www.expressen.se/n...ket-utrymme-att-gora-fel/

"When Queen Silvia was small, she lived ten years in Brazil, together with his German father and Brazilian mother. She spent the rest of the childhood in Germany.
She has raised three children in Sweden.
In a frank interview with the German family magazine Nido, the Queen of Sweden talked about the royal children's upbringing and childhood - and how these have changed over time.

Silvia says that sometimes she was sorry that her own children have been subjected to constant surveillance since they were little.
That it has not always been easy.

- But I have to say that the press has been fair to my children, the children have never been persecuted and could go to school in peace. It became more difficult when they turned 18, when the journalists thought they were adults. But it is not so easy, children don't grew from one day to the other. It was still developing- says Silvia to Nido.

She thinks that the press sometimes have been hard to royal children - and the worst thing of all was when she had to comforted the children for a spread information that was not true, she says.
In addition, she admits that the rules in the royal family are stricter.
- Yes of course. Above all, there is not much room to make mistakes. A general rule is not drinking alcohol before 18 and my children needed to follow it stricter, because they have been role models- says Silvia to Nido.

All three royal children have now become parents, and Silvia has a total of five grandchildren
Carl Philip said: "It is a miracle"
The Queen tells the magazine that she believes that it is harder to be a parent - and especially children - today. When everything "has become faster and more complex. "
All her three children have now become parents, and Silvia has a total of five grandchildren. The latest of them having a children was Prince Carl Philip, Prince Alexander with the Princess Sofia in April.
- It was really touching when my son told me: "It is a miracle to keep such a small being in his arms, but how many responsibilities I have!" [...], the Queen says to Nido."

BS lady, your daughters have been persecuted in the press mercilessly. You must mean your DIL has never been persecuted in the press.
Passing Stars

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: September 18, 2016, 09:13:20 PM »

BS lady, your daughters have been persecuted in the press mercilessly. You must mean your DIL has never been persecuted in the press.

Thumb up

Gross but true.  Why can't her daughters count???  I'm so confused  Crazy
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 33   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: