Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 33   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Silvia news  (Read 197231 times)
gracie

Micro Member

Who can guess how many #@!*% I give?

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: July 01, 2015, 03:20:44 PM »

I guess I just found her use of the word shocked interesting.... Thanks to everyone for the info. I really hope she wasn't too hard on Victoria when she was younger, she would get enough of that from the public and press. I thought they seemed to have a good relationship, but what is important now is Victoria seems very confident and secure. I'm sure Estelle will be the same. It seems like Silvia put a lot of pressure on herself with her weight and all that plastic surgery. Victoria is lucky to have a loving and supportive husband, I don't think Silvia is so lucky  No
Desideria

Medium Member

Sweden Sweden

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: July 01, 2015, 06:21:49 PM »

Does she mean she didn't notice Victoria losing weight? or that they discovered she had disordered eating habits very early, before she had lost a noticeable amount of weight? I'm a little confused by her statement  Confused

Gracie: if you look at the first page on this thread My13 writes about how strict Silvia was with that there should only be served lowfat food, and how she always was onto Victoria on keeping herself thin, and also herself. to grow up with a parent or both parents just who is so into controlling body wight I beleive can truly cause eating disorders. Silvia also said about American people that they are too fat at visit to US.

That's just awful. Sad

I remember that Victoria went to a summer camp in the US when she was a teenager and was really chubby when she came back. (But just normal puppy fat for a teen.) The press (must have been Svensk Damtidning, because that was what I read for royal gossip back then) reported that Silvia had a talk to Victoria about losing weight and had recommended her rye bread without butter, salads and eating very slowly.

Fairywings
Banned
Banned
Large Member

Canada Canada

Seeking higher advice on how to exercise snakes

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: July 02, 2015, 02:33:12 AM »

I guess different homes different ways of thinking  Thinking I know growing up my mom was always conscious about us eating right. We had whole wheat bread, tons of veggies, she didn't buy pre-made meals and such. We never got fast food except when Nana came to town and took us. She even made homemade popsicles with 100% fruit juice. I never looked at it like dieting or my mother trying to restrict our weight, just healthy eating habits. Has left me with this insane craving for oreos which I was never allowed as a kid, but grateful to have learned such young. If you eat healthy, no need for fad diets.

Silvia saw her daughter coming back, and knew what she would face from the media. Trying to offer healthy ways of losing a few pounds, seems like good advice to me  Blush
Desideria

Medium Member

Sweden Sweden

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: July 02, 2015, 09:55:58 AM »

I guess different homes different ways of thinking  Thinking I know growing up my mom was always conscious about us eating right. We had whole wheat bread, tons of veggies, she didn't buy pre-made meals and such. We never got fast food except when Nana came to town and took us. She even made homemade popsicles with 100% fruit juice. I never looked at it like dieting or my mother trying to restrict our weight, just healthy eating habits. Has left me with this insane craving for oreos which I was never allowed as a kid, but grateful to have learned such young. If you eat healthy, no need for fad diets.

Silvia saw her daughter coming back, and knew what she would face from the media. Trying to offer healthy ways of losing a few pounds, seems like good advice to me  Blush

I think it's healthy to focus on good eating habits and a recipe for disaster to discuss weight or put your children on diets.
We don't know what words or approach Silvia used, but we do know that Victoria got anorexia a few years later.
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: July 02, 2015, 04:19:40 PM »

I think Viccan did not feel well for a long time. Her father did not like the role she got. Her mom was very beautiful and so was her sister. And then she got harrassed about her weight. Silvia gave some interviews about food and weight management in different German yellow press magazines - and I think Viccan got more than the occassional niggle.
Cecilia

Big Member

Sweden Sweden

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: July 03, 2015, 04:51:49 AM »

Fairywings:

To me it it sounds like your mother is a wise and loving mother. She took the time and effort to give you healthy food and good habits to take with you as adults.
It is different and unhealthy when other mothers tries to control  their daughters weight and figures. And they demands and expect their daughters to learn how to always keep their weight in control. The focus is always on how their daughters look, not how their personality is. The daughters are always judged by how they look and how thin they are. I am guessing now, but I bet Silvia praised Victoria for loosing weight, and just that could have triggerd Victoria to loose more weight. And that could be when Victoria got ill.
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: July 03, 2015, 02:05:31 PM »

Wow....Silvia on April 26th and 27th will be in Rome  Shocked But it's not a state visit if I've understood good.

Maybe she is having an exocism lesson with Pope Francis - remember the snake from paradise (island)? She is in my house. Holy father, what can I do?
Fairywings
Banned
Banned
Large Member

Canada Canada

Seeking higher advice on how to exercise snakes

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: July 04, 2015, 07:30:43 AM »

Thought did cross my mind, when they brought Leonor, that they thought she needed to be fortified with some of the Pope's personal stash of holy water, for the coming events 
Duchess of Verona

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: July 04, 2015, 07:14:43 PM »

HAHAHA! Too funny!
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: September 24, 2015, 01:31:30 PM »

Silvia attended the gala of the Mentor Foundation in Washington, D.C.

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: September 24, 2015, 01:38:41 PM »

The designer of that dress got her/his inspiration from gardens or green outdoors?
laboheme

Big Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: September 24, 2015, 02:58:24 PM »

Silvia attended the gala of the Mentor Foundation in Washington, D.C.

The woman with her is STUNNING. I can't even. She's gorgeous.

The face of the man behind Silvia is killing me! HAA!
Martina91

Gigantic Member

Italy Italy

Princess Gabriella rules the world!

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: September 24, 2015, 03:03:18 PM »

Agreed! Who is that lady? She certainly one of the most beautiful women I have ever seen!

Princess Gabriella doesn't have time for Monaco's outdated succession law!
Desideria

Medium Member

Sweden Sweden

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: September 24, 2015, 03:19:27 PM »

The designer of that dress got her/his inspiration from gardens or green outdoors?

No, from the plants growing on her shoulders.  Cool

I loved the cut of the dress, minus the shoulder-plants, but the pattern of the fabric wasn't very flattering. Silvia could do better.
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: September 24, 2015, 03:22:49 PM »

Silvia figure is GREAT for her age
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 33   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: