Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 33   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Silvia news  (Read 199966 times)
lellobeetle

Big Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: February 02, 2016, 02:08:32 AM »

Off topic

If you look at pictures of Grace she was losing the weight shortly before her stroke/accident.

I think Sylvia feels she must keep up because of her husband and his roving eye. It's like she's on the treadmill like a mouse running and running. We had a family friend whose husband always criticized her eating and after he passed away, she just blossomed and relaxed at not having that constant criticism coming her way.  Sad

shastadaisy

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: February 02, 2016, 03:42:55 AM »

It's hard to be an older woman in the public eye. I can't fault Silvia for trying to keep her youthful looks.

I think she's had quite a lot of work done but maybe not as much as people think. Her face doesn't seem to "take" plastic surgery as well as others.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: February 02, 2016, 03:52:01 PM »

I think, Silvia would have looked great with little or no plastic surgery.  If she had let herself age more naturally except  perhaps continue to color her hair, she would have still been stunning. The Queen of England colored her hair until her sixties until she started to let it go grey bit by bit.

Yet as we all have said, her life as Queen and certainly her life as Carl Gustaf's wife most likely made her feel pressured into drastic measures.  She was trying to vie for his attention. Sad really.

I used to have a neighbor who  colored her hair until the end (to cover up the grey). Nothing wrong with it, especially as she predominantly colored it in her former own hair color (or close to it). But over the years the coloring started to look too harsh with her face. Which made her look very strict and harsh, while in general it was a nice lady. To me it seems you have to tone the color a bit down when getting older.
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: February 12, 2016, 12:48:44 PM »

Silvia inaugurated Lilla Erstagarden, a hospice for children and young people who need skilled medical care in the final stages of life.

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: February 12, 2016, 01:00:23 PM »

The look on the face of the clown in green (on the right)  Laugh bounce

Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: February 16, 2016, 07:00:29 PM »

Silvia attended a Childhood Cancer Foundation event in Stockholm

Kaiserin

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: February 16, 2016, 07:34:29 PM »

OMG, last pic ... her face is really like a plastic mask.
She's three years younger than my mother, and although my mother did nothing to her face and was a smoker for 30 years of her life, my mother looks younger. Sure, she has more wrinkles than Silvia, but only around the mouth. And she still can smile "naturally".

I guess when you start early by real plastic surgery (opposite to the minimal invasive possibilities like botox or fillers we have nowadays), you really have a prob when getting over 70, as it is now obvious with Silvia. Because there comes the day you can't stretch the skin again and tuck it behind your ears once more ...
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: February 16, 2016, 07:52:04 PM »

OMG, last pic ... her face is really like a plastic mask.
She's three years younger than my mother, and although my mother did nothing to her face and was a smoker for 30 years of her life, my mother looks younger. Sure, she has more wrinkles than Silvia, but only around the mouth. And she still can smile "naturally".

I guess when you start early by real plastic surgery (opposite to the minimal invasive possibilities like botox or fillers we have nowadays), you really have a prob when getting over 70, as it is now obvious with Silvia. Because there comes the day you can't stretch the skin again and tuck it behind your ears once more ...

it's not only because of her plastic surgery, but worries, deep sadness, and lots of stress contributes to aging as well.

Duchess of Verona

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: February 16, 2016, 09:31:40 PM »

Quite honestly, she has always had that shape of smile, from when she first came on the scene.
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: March 09, 2016, 12:34:16 AM »

A few weeks old, but still, Silvia out partying in Stockholm with the cast of "Mamma Mia! The party"  Cool

Duchess of Suffolk

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: March 21, 2016, 04:31:58 PM »

The Queen and Sofia attended at a workshop on the theme "Our refugee children: The challenge of our time" at the Royal Palace.

Monday, March 21 attended Queen and Princess Sofia in a meeting with child rights organizations in Sweden to discuss efforts to help newly arrived children and young people.

bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: March 21, 2016, 05:05:52 PM »

One good thing is that despite her apparent sorrow in her relationship with her husband, the queen does appear to have a number of causes about which she cares deeply. And I am hoping she has great joy in all her grandchildren. That can, I would hope, compensate for a lot of heartache elsewhere.
Scandinaviagirl

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: March 22, 2016, 02:31:41 AM »

As a swedish born I saw Silvia and Carl Guataf one time in carriage through my town. It was around the time she was fifty years old something. She had just started to have her face done a few years before that then. I grew up with the pictures of her beauty and when I saw what she's done to herself near by, around a few feet, I felt shocked but very sad over what she did to herself because she would've looked good still, without. She looked so much more stiff and not able to move her facial muscles. It could clearly be seen. She also seemed like.. I don't know.. Afraid of Carl Guataf.. There were something.. A strong feeling..  She didn't seem confident and that shocked me too.. She always come across like that in papers..or with others.. Just not there..  I could tell she's a good person though. Age she's done a lot for Sweden.
Ginger

Small Member

Sweden Sweden

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: March 22, 2016, 10:10:59 AM »

As a swedish born I saw Silvia and Carl Guataf one time in carriage through my town. It was around the time she was fifty years old something. She had just started to have her face done a few years before that then. I grew up with the pictures of her beauty and when I saw what she's done to herself near by, around a few feet, I felt shocked but very sad over what she did to herself because she would've looked good still, without. She looked so much more stiff and not able to move her facial muscles. It could clearly be seen. She also seemed like.. I don't know.. Afraid of Carl Guataf.. There were something.. A strong feeling..  She didn't seem confident and that shocked me too.. She always come across like that in papers..or with others.. Just not there..  I could tell she's a good person though. Age she's done a lot for Sweden.
I agree with you.
For someone who sees Silvia now, it's probably incomprehensible what she was like when she was young, and the impact she seemed to have on Sweden.
These days she's a shadow of herself.
getafix

Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: March 23, 2016, 03:32:43 AM »

SG and Ginger, Do you both mean Silvia's sadness is because of CG's being unfaithful?

Or has there been other cause to cause all her sadness?

I had no idea that she started plastic surgery at 50  Yikes OMG like WTF WHY???

tak

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 33   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: