Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Henrik - NEWS  (Read 6431 times)
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« on: January 19, 2012, 07:36:33 PM »

New Prince in the Royal School - Henrik and Bella in the same kindergarten

The BB journalist Ulrik Ulriksen, who met Joachim and Marie at Amalienborg Square - pushing an empty stroller in front of them - last Friday, asked where little Henrik was and Joachim responded: "Oh my, I do think he fell off at the corner over there".  Laugh bounce

Lene Balleby explained: "Because Princess Marie is pregnant and as such is spending a good deal of time in Copenhagen (to be near Rigshospitalet) it has been decided to have Henrik attend the same kindergarten as Isabella. It is also expected that Princess Marie will stay in Copenhagen for some time after the birth."

Thinking Little Henrik attends the local kindergarten in Møgeltønder, but under the circumstances now he attend Garnisonskirkens Menighedsbørnehave until the family leaves for Møgeltønder again. There, at least, he can be with children of same/similar age. It is also the plan to have Henrik attend this kindergarten when he and his parents are in Copenhagen, which is quite often.

Nothing is mentioned of Isabella and Henrik attending in the same class. But my guess is that they are not, since Henrik is only 2½ years old he'd probably go to nursery there, whilst Isabella (4½) is attending kindergarten classes. It is also the kindergarten that Nikolai and Felix and Christian started out in.

PleaseDoNotEatTheDaisies

Big Member

Norway Norway

Mary who?

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 10:09:10 PM »

Not a bad idea IMO. he will meet new children, it can help him to develop socially. He won't behave crazy in public like his cousins (yes, for me Izzy's and Christian's behavior is not normal or cute, but rather annoying).

Just call me PDNETD  Cool

I apologize in advance for my poor English
Holly Golightly

Gigantic Member

New Caledonia New Caledonia

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 10:13:13 PM »

who met Joachim and Marie at Amalienborg Square - pushing an empty stroller in front of them - last Friday, asked where little Henrik was and Joachim responded: "Oh my, I do think he fell off at the corner over there".  Laugh bounce

He's lucky the headline wasn't something like "Jokke drives pram like a hoon, loses youngest son"! 
Cess

Large Member

Sweden Sweden

The future queen of Spain - so very dignified

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 01:45:11 PM »

My mother reads the Swedish version of Billed Bladet (Svensk Damtidning) and last time I visited I read their interview with Princess Marie. She came off as natural and pleasant and the interview was not that interesting. However, on thing that struck me as odd was that the author noted that Marie kept a baby monitor during the interview because Henrik was asleep. Henrik was two and a half at the time of the interview and ought to have been capable of getting up if he was asleep. Baby monitors are, according to my experience atleast, used on small children. I have previously noted that he is often carried, pushed in a stroller or led by the hand of someone. I have seldom seen him walk on his own.

I find it all very strange, but I think it's more a case of overprotective parenting than that there is anything wrong with him.
PleaseDoNotEatTheDaisies

Big Member

Norway Norway

Mary who?

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2012, 01:53:53 PM »

Yes, I suppose that they're (Marie especially) a little overprotective. But I'm also thinking that Henrik's health can be a reason. IIRC during holidays in Miami he was in hospital because of the breathing problems. Maybe he has asthma or something and this is why Marie still uses a monitor, to can control his breath during a sleep? But it's just my assumptions.

Just call me PDNETD  Cool

I apologize in advance for my poor English
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2012, 01:56:40 PM »

Nothing unusual about using a baby monitor, they're commonly used here for a number of years.

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
Cess

Large Member

Sweden Sweden

The future queen of Spain - so very dignified

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2012, 01:58:06 PM »

Yes, I suppose that they're (Marie especially) a little overprotective. But I'm also thinking that Henrik's health can be a reason. IIRC during holidays in Miami he was in hospital because of the breathing problems. Maybe he has asthma or something and this is why Marie still uses a monitor, to can control his breath during a sleep? But it's just my assumptions.

That's plausible!
griet

Small Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2012, 03:51:19 PM »

Nothing unusual about using a baby monitor, they're commonly used here for a number of years.
ITA... Friends of mine use it with their perfectly healthy 2 ys and a half son, and believe me, they definitely are not overprotective parents!!!
Lollie

Small Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2012, 04:00:22 PM »

My mother reads the Swedish version of Billed Bladet (Svensk Damtidning) and last time I visited I read their interview with Princess Marie. She came off as natural and pleasant and the interview was not that interesting. However, on thing that struck me as odd was that the author noted that Marie kept a baby monitor during the interview because Henrik was asleep. Henrik was two and a half at the time of the interview and ought to have been capable of getting up if he was asleep. Baby monitors are, according to my experience atleast, used on small children. I have previously noted that he is often carried, pushed in a stroller or led by the hand of someone. I have seldom seen him walk on his own.

I find it all very strange, but I think it's more a case of overprotective parenting than that there is anything wrong with him.

The only positive thing that comes to my mind when I read that is that Henrik was taken care of by his own mother and not a nanny.  Supercontent His heavily pregnant mother ! (do you hear that, Mother ICON ?)

As for the baby monitor, well, lots of parents still use such monitors long after the newborn stages. I used to babysit a child (from 5 months old to 5 years old) and when he was Henrik's age, his sleep was still monitored.
I guess that Schackenborg Castle is quite big so if the nursery is far from the living room where Marie was interviewed, I can understand the use of a monitor.

Sometimes one just want to hear what they're doing while they're out of sight... I don't think that's being overprotective...

lynda

Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2012, 05:11:06 PM »

sounds very logical to me.               
abs

Humongous Member

Svalbard and Jan Mayen Svalbard and Jan Mayen

Illegal substances? MOI???!!!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2012, 11:23:00 PM »

To me it sounds a bit strange to use a baby monitor for a 2 1/2 year-old. The size of the house might be an explanation. That said, lillte Henrik comes across as quite babyish to me still; I don´t know him, have only seen pictures, but he looks a bit sickly and delicate, does not walk properly. Not like two-year-olds I have seen. Could just be the photos, I don´t know.

SEXY,SEXY!!!
Harley
Board Helper
Ginormous Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2012, 11:29:32 PM »

But if he IS delicate, I think it's nice that she's aware of it and is looking after her son. I dont have kids so I cant say what's normal or not but she always seemed like a good mother to me...

Cloaked

Muted
Humongous Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2012, 11:46:52 PM »

But if he IS delicate, I think it's nice that she's aware of it and is looking after her son. I dont have kids so I cant say what's normal or not but she always seemed like a good mother to me...

I agree  Star
Marie seems like a very good mother.  She appears to be a dedicated step-mother also. I have sometimes wondered whether little Henrik is Asthmatic or has Aspergers syndrome.  I don't see any problem with Marie making a decision about how to monitor her own child.  A mother should go with her instincts.
Snow Queen

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2012, 11:53:53 PM »

I don't think he has Aspergers but its possible that he could have asthma or sleep apnea since he has been admitted to the hospital with breathing problems. Sleep apnea isn't discussed often but its fairly common in babies and toddlers, unfortunately. If it gives Marie peace of mind then I think the monitor is fine.
Holly Golightly

Gigantic Member

New Caledonia New Caledonia

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2012, 12:05:53 AM »

I agree  Star
Marie seems like a very good mother.  She appears to be a dedicated step-mother also. I have sometimes wondered whether little Henrik is Asthmatic or has Aspergers syndrome.  I don't see any problem with Marie making a decision about how to monitor her own child.  A mother should go with her instincts.

Cloaked, I'm interested to know why you would mention asthma and Asperger's in the same breath like that - they're not exactly similar conditions - I'm just wondering what you've observed in Henrik to make you think that he might have one or the other?

I'd suspect Marie monitoring Henrik has to do with the size of the Schack, and actually fitting her publicity commitments around the needs of her child, and not vice versa.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: