Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 31   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Engagement AD Imre/Kathleen Walker & AD Christoph/Adelaide Drapé-Friche  (Read 142031 times)
Royalfan 72

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2012, 06:55:33 PM »

Miss Waynefleet,  Laughing! Star
laboheme

Big Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2012, 07:02:41 PM »

They wish they were that attractive!
Elissa

Most Exalted Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2012, 12:45:11 PM »

According to Lux-arazzi blog, Christoph and Adélaïde finally set their wedding date ! December 29th.

http://lux-arazzi.blogspo...her-wedding-date-set.html

griet

Small Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2012, 03:22:47 PM »

that's a very weird choice!!  Shocked
SydneyLux

Micro Member

Luxembourg Luxembourg

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2012, 05:02:32 PM »

Well, their family is spread about at least four continents so a date close to christmas probably ensures that they will all be able to be there.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2012, 05:15:12 PM »

Where are they going to get married?  Are her parents French?  I wonder if it will be in France or Belgium?
SydneyLux

Micro Member

Luxembourg Luxembourg

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2012, 07:26:11 PM »

Her family is French and she comes from the Parisian region. Her father is a diplomat and currently assigned to the French embassy in Saudi-Arabia, they lived in London (UK) and Belgrade (Serbia) beforehand.

Nothing has been made public yet but I would guess it is going to be Belgium or France, with a tendency for the former. But I was wrong about Katie and Imre, I was sure that they would get married in Belgium or Luxembourg so that Grand Duke Jean and Queen Fabiola could attend.
PrincessMLA
Banned
Large Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2012, 05:14:44 AM »

With a wedding in DC, will any of the royals attend? I mean Imre is related to both the Luxes and the Belgians through his mother.
SydneyLux

Micro Member

Luxembourg Luxembourg

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2012, 10:54:33 AM »

Not only through his mother. With the wedding being in the US, we have to see how the media coverage is. No way, that it will be as good as for Marie-Christine's wedding a couple of years ago. I do think that most of his cousins, some of them live in the States, and his uncles and aunts will make their way to D.C. But we'll probably have to wait and see, especially for the BRF.
SylviaSmile

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2012, 05:31:01 PM »

As a Catholic I believe it would be better to be involved with the groups that offer support to women throughout their pregnancies and after the child is born. Our own parish is involved with a group that provides women with prenatal referrals, adoption information and post-natal counseling and support. They take donations of clothing, diapers, formula, and toiletries for mothers and their infants/toddlers.

There are other ways to support the pro-life movement than by harassing people IMHO.

TLLK, I agree that harassing people is a poor way to support the pro-life movement.  At the same time, at least in the US, it often happens that disadvantaged women feel pressure to abort a child they might otherwise want to keep, and that is the reason that pro-life people go and pray Rosaries on the sidewalk or offer counseling outside the abortion clinics--so that they can offer information about the groups you mention that offer support to women during pregnancy.  Otherwise, they might not know such a place exists and feel like the abortion clinic is their only choice.  Personally, I volunteer at a crisis pregnancy center that is exactly like what you mention, offering free pregnancy tests and other referrals and material assistance.  But we are always trying to get the word out!
TLLK

Most Exalted Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2012, 11:15:21 PM »

As a Catholic I believe it would be better to be involved with the groups that offer support to women throughout their pregnancies and after the child is born. Our own parish is involved with a group that provides women with prenatal referrals, adoption information and post-natal counseling and support. They take donations of clothing, diapers, formula, and toiletries for mothers and their infants/toddlers.

There are other ways to support the pro-life movement than by harassing people IMHO.

TLLK, I agree that harassing people is a poor way to support the pro-life movement.  At the same time, at least in the US, it often happens that disadvantaged women feel pressure to abort a child they might otherwise want to keep, and that is the reason that pro-life people go and pray Rosaries on the sidewalk or offer counseling outside the abortion clinics--so that they can offer information about the groups you mention that offer support to women during pregnancy.  Otherwise, they might not know such a place exists and feel like the abortion clinic is their only choice.  Personally, I volunteer at a crisis pregnancy center that is exactly like what you mention, offering free pregnancy tests and other referrals and material assistance.  But we are always trying to get the word out!
Champagne Thank you for volunteering your time with the crisis pregnancy center. I agree that too often people do not know that these places exist for women trying to make a difficult personal decision.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2012, 03:03:28 PM »

well, well, well....a little info

Archduke Imre of Austria, oldest son of Princess Marie-Astrid of Luxembourg and Archduke Carl-Christian of Austria, will marry his American fiancée, Kathleen Walker, in Washington D.C. tomorrow. It's the first Luxembourg related wedding this year. Imre's cousin Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume will marry in October, while his brother Archduke Christoph will tie the knot in December.

The couple first met in October 2010 at a Missa Cantata in honour of Blessed Karl of Austria, Imre's great-grandfather. The Missa was held in the same church where they will marry. The archduke and the former communications director of the Arlington Diocesan Catholic Charities and famous pro-life activist announced their engagement in December of last year.

Together with a friend of Imre's, his brothers Archdukes Christoph and Alexander will act as groomsmen. Their younger sister Archduchess Gabriella will be one of the bridesmaids alongside two sisters of the bride and two friends. Another friend of Kathleen will be her maid of honour, while another sister will be the flower girl. Two brothers of the Archduchess-to-be as ring bearers round up the wedding party.

Kathleen, more commenly known as Katie, is the oldest of several children of Robert S. and Margaret M. Walker. At the time of Katie's birth, her mother was single and unwed.

Roll Eyes famous pro-life activist....who the hell heard of her before all this  Blink

SydneyLux

Micro Member

Luxembourg Luxembourg

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2012, 03:35:24 PM »

Roll Eyes famous pro-life activist....who the hell heard of her before all this  Blink

Other pro-life activists, pro-choice activists and those people who saw her on American national television (she's given numerous interviews) or read about her in newspapers.

Btw, it would be nice if you would credit your source next time cause all the "info" was just copied and pasted, word for word, from a recent article on Luxarazzi.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2012, 03:49:41 PM »

Other pro-life activists, pro-choice activists and those people who saw her on American national television (she's given numerous interviews) or read about her in newspapers.

Btw, it would be nice if you would credit your source next time cause all the "info" was just copied and pasted, word for word, from a recent article on Luxarazzi.

Of course the "info" was copied and pasted, as is all the information here.....as is the info on the Luxarazzi blog.

So here it goes: my aforementioned information source is from the following blog: http://lux-arazzi.blogspot.com/

as to other pro-life activists, pro-choice activists reading about her in the newspapers, the only "articles" or noise one can find about her is on pro-life blogs...and that doesn't make her famous.

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2012, 04:32:22 PM »

well, well, well....a little info

Archduke Imre of Austria, oldest son of Princess Marie-Astrid of Luxembourg and Archduke Carl-Christian of Austria, will marry his American fiancée, Kathleen Walker, in Washington D.C. tomorrow. It's the first Luxembourg related wedding this year. Imre's cousin Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume will marry in October, while his brother Archduke Christoph will tie the knot in December.

The couple first met in October 2010 at a Missa Cantata in honour of Blessed Karl of Austria, Imre's great-grandfather. The Missa was held in the same church where they will marry. The archduke and the former communications director of the Arlington Diocesan Catholic Charities and famous pro-life activist announced their engagement in December of last year.

Together with a friend of Imre's, his brothers Archdukes Christoph and Alexander will act as groomsmen. Their younger sister Archduchess Gabriella will be one of the bridesmaids alongside two sisters of the bride and two friends. Another friend of Kathleen will be her maid of honour, while another sister will be the flower girl. Two brothers of the Archduchess-to-be as ring bearers round up the wedding party.

Kathleen, more commenly known as Katie, is the oldest of several children of Robert S. and Margaret M. Walker. At the time of Katie's birth, her mother was single and unwed.

Thank you Pede!

I certainly had never heard of her AT ALL before this.  I follow a couple of pro-choice blogs, and believe me, she's definitely never been mentioned.  I've also never, ever seen her on TV.  She's not famous Roll Eyes

I wonder if her mother's husband adopted her?  It's kind of funny how she loves to act holier-than-thou.  How quickly she forgets her roots Roll Eyes  It's also interesting that she went to a generic state school.  NKU is probably an okay school, but it's not the flagship state university, and it's an odd choice for someone who is super duper Catholic.  I would have thought that she'd always gone to Catholic schools. 

Anywhoo, she seems obnoxious. I'd love to see pics of this disaster of a wedding.  I wonder if all of Imre's family will be there Thinking  I'd love to know what his parents thought when they first heard they were dating.   Tongue  Somehow I don't think it was exactly welcome news.  I know that they're really religious, but they don't seem to be fanatic fundamentalists. 
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 31   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: