Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 31   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Engagement AD Imre/Kathleen Walker & AD Christoph/Adelaide Drapé-Friche  (Read 141897 times)
sleepyvalentina

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #405 on: December 28, 2012, 05:14:33 PM »

Apparently Adelaïde will wear a dress from Diane Lelys (not very promising) and a tiara from the groom's family. Among Christoph's witnesses his brother Imre and Louis of Luxembourg.
Before the wedding the bride will leave a bouquet at the Chapel of the Cordeliers for the Habsburg-Lorraine ancestors. Marie Antoinette left flowers at the chapel on her way to her marriage in Paris: http://www.estrepublicain...t-d-adelaide-aux-ancetres

So she IS getting a tiara. Well, to be fair, tiars and stretch hummers don't exactly go well together.

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #406 on: December 28, 2012, 05:20:14 PM »

Apparently Adelaïde will wear a dress from Diane Lelys (not very promising) and a tiara from the groom's family. Among Christoph's witnesses his brother Imre and Louis of Luxembourg.
Before the wedding the bride will leave a bouquet at the Chapel of the Cordeliers for the Habsburg-Lorraine ancestors. Marie Antoinette left flowers at the chapel on her way to her marriage in Paris: http://www.estrepublicain...t-d-adelaide-aux-ancetres

She's wearing a tiara from Christophe's family! Jumping Supercontent Star  Love it!  Katie could easily have been lent one, but looks like MA chose otherwise. Thumb up 

Not too impressed with Diane Lelys' designs, but Adelaide has never struck me as a fashionista.  Can't wait to see pics.
StephanieDesiree

Big Member

I look good, but I am such a bitch.

Ignore
« Reply #407 on: December 28, 2012, 05:32:50 PM »

She's wearing a tiara from Christophe's family! Jumping Supercontent Star  Love it!  Katie could easily have been lent one, but looks like MA chose otherwise. Thumb up 

Not too impressed with Diane Lelys' designs
, but Adelaide has never struck me as a fashionista.  Can't wait to see pics.

Looked at the pics at the website. 

Pippa catches the scent of a wealthy bachelor.

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #408 on: December 28, 2012, 05:35:31 PM »

Royalement Blog's FB page has some pics:

I would never have recognized Adelaide.  She looks pretty.

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #409 on: December 28, 2012, 05:39:16 PM »

And here's a video (starts at 1:23):

http://pluzz.francetv.fr/...0_lorraine_,74843399.html
StephanieDesiree

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #410 on: December 28, 2012, 05:41:01 PM »

Alas, I'm on an iPad so it won't play for me. Any screen shots of the dress and tiara?

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #411 on: December 28, 2012, 05:46:12 PM »

Alas, I'm on an iPad so it won't play for me. Any screen shots of the dress and tiara?

No.  She's not wearing those until tomorrow (the religious wedding).  This was the civil ceremony.

Here are more pics:
http://www.estrepublicain...6C-4608-9849-4DB563F14EFA
Cara

Humongous Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #412 on: December 28, 2012, 05:52:58 PM »

the bride looks like a dark haired version of imre's wife!
Elissa

Most Exalted Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #413 on: December 28, 2012, 05:53:35 PM »

Thank you Pixiecat  Star

The article from L'Est Républicain states that Adélaïde followed the tradition for Habsburgs brides by deposing a bouquet of white roses on the tombs from the Lorraine ducal family at the Cordeliers church.
There was also a rehearsal for the wedding ceremony this afternoon at the Cathedral. People from Nancy are also invited to join the ceremony at the Cathedral tomorrow morning.

StephanieDesiree

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #414 on: December 28, 2012, 05:53:50 PM »

No.  She's not wearing those until tomorrow (the religious wedding).  This was the civil ceremony.

Here are more pics:
http://www.estrepublicain...6C-4608-9849-4DB563F14EFA

Oh, ok. I thought this was the big one.

I was getting ready to investigate Steph's bustline and stomach curvature for the hint of a baby GD.

And I was totally psyched to see Claire out-style everyone within a 20 block radius!

And the bride seems quite cute and nice (Is she a fanatic like that other one?). But she's wearing black to her civil wedding ceremony. Isn't that weird? It seems weird.

The groom needs to get rid of his unibrow.

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #415 on: December 28, 2012, 05:58:50 PM »

Thank you Pixiecat  Star

The article from L'Est Républicain states that Adélaïde followed the tradition for Habsburgs brides by deposing a bouquet of white roses on the tombs from the Lorraine ducal family at the Cordeliers church.
There was also a rehearsal for the wedding ceremony this afternoon at the Cathedral. People from Nancy are also invited to join the ceremony at the Cathedral tomorrow morning.

You're welcome, Elissa! Star

I personally don't see any resemblance between Adelaide and Katie Thinking  Hope she leaves the bright red lipstick and stretch Hummer at home Tongue  One tacky wedding is enough IMO. 

I wonder if she'll wear that Habsbourg veil?  Katie and Marie-Christine wore it for their weddings.  I'm not holding out much hope for the dress.  That designer's collection is awful.
Clara
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #416 on: December 28, 2012, 06:07:01 PM »

Thanks Pixiecat!  Star
IIRC she'll wear a veil from her family. I think I've read the veil info somewhere but I could also be making it up or confusing her with another bride  Blush Whistle
And I read some comments about the dress from the designer, IIRC she called it sober, I'm afraid we'll see a nun habit tomorrow  Grin

I don't see any resemblance between the brothers' brides besides prominent noses (nothing alike though) and long hair.

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #417 on: December 28, 2012, 06:09:22 PM »

Thanks Pixiecat!  Star
IIRC she'll wear a veil from her family. I think I've read the veil info somewhere but I could also be making it up or confusing her with another bride  Blush Whistle
And I read some comments about the dress from the designer, IIRC she called it sober, I'm afraid we'll see a nun habit tomorrow  Grin

I don't see any resemblance between the brothers' brides besides prominent noses (nothing alike though) and long hair.

Thanks Clara! Hug  I like that Habsbourg veil, but it's kind of thick-looking due to the lace design.  

If that designer called it sober, then you're right-nun frock for Adelaide Crap  I guess I'm not surprised.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 06:16:24 PM by pixiecat » Logged
StephanieDesiree

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #418 on: December 28, 2012, 06:11:23 PM »

Thanks Pixiecat!  Star
IIRC she'll wear a veil from her family. I think I've read the veil info somewhere but I could also be making it up or confusing her with another bride  Blush Whistle
And I read some comments about the dress from the designer, IIRC she called it sober, I'm afraid we'll see a nun habit tomorrow  Grin

Sober = potato sack that extends to the finger tips, drags on the floor and comes up to the bride's eyeballs.

Clara
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #419 on: December 28, 2012, 06:19:09 PM »

More photos of the "bouquet ceremony" with MA and AD Christian from the newspaper's article. Click to enlarge:

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 31   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: