Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 31   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Engagement AD Imre/Kathleen Walker & AD Christoph/Adelaide Drapé-Friche  (Read 141576 times)
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2012, 04:45:08 PM »

pixiekittehhhh  Hug Star

ITA...I've checked DC newspaper/online and different Arlington websites.....the word is "mum"

No announcement or hint as of yet...even our catholic TV stations here have nothing about the famous Kathleen 

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: September 08, 2012, 04:47:32 PM »

pixiekittehhhh  Hug Star

ITA...I've checked DC newspaper/online and different Arlington websites.....the word is "mum"

No announcement or hint as of yet...even our catholic TV stations here have nothing about the famous Kathleen 

You'd think they would, since she's so "famous" Roll Eyes Hug

I forgot that you were a local.  If anything was broadcast about this wedding, it would definitely have been on your stations. Yes  I guess she's not important enough.  Poor little Archduchess-to-be.   Tongue
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: September 08, 2012, 05:03:06 PM »

pixiekittehhhh  Hug Star

I forgot that you were a local.  If anything was broadcast about this wedding, it would definitely have been on your stations. Yes  I guess she's not important enough.  Poor little Archduchess-to-be.   Tongue

nope - nothing...it's a beautiful day here but verrryyy windy. If she has a long veil, it'll be all over the place

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: September 08, 2012, 05:06:57 PM »

pixiekittehhhh  Hug Star

nope - nothing...it's a beautiful day here but verrryyy windy. If she has a long veil, it'll be all over the place

It might get caught up on her ginormous chin, or on Imre's weird forehead.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: September 08, 2012, 05:14:52 PM »

pixiekittehhhh  Hug Star

Laugh bounce Laugh bounce Laugh bounce I wonder though why they got married in the US here, shouldn't the wedding take place at Imre's homestead?

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: September 08, 2012, 05:19:48 PM »

pixiekittehhhh  Hug Star

Laugh bounce Laugh bounce Laugh bounce I wonder though why they got married in the US here, shouldn't the wedding take place at Imre's homestead?

I wonder the same thing.  My theory involves two possible reasons:  1. Her family couldn't afford to travel  or 2. His family might not be so jazzed about his choice of bride.  I'm thinking that it's more of 1 than 2, but you never know.  I guess we'll know if we see all of his immediate family present at the wedding.  I wonder where they'll live after the wedding-US or Europe?  I'm sure she will quit her job in order to have a huge amount of children.  Hopefully, she'll stop the insane fundamentalist "activism" after the wedding.  I realized she was a complete lunatic when I saw the footage of her calling for Notre Dame University to be ex-communicated.  Last time I checked, she wasn't the Pope. Roll Eyes
SydneyLux

Micro Member

Luxembourg Luxembourg

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: September 08, 2012, 05:22:27 PM »

Well, she was on MSNBC and other national wide TV station and is very regularly present at pro-life functions, so by my estimation she is well known in the pro-life and devoutly catholic world in and around Washington.

[Sorry, rant ahead, if you don't want to read it, just skip ahead.]
On the Luxarazzi blog, we do not copy and paste other articles but write information we found on various websites/news outlets on the events in question. And we always credit our sources (you will find a link to all the articles that are quoted underneath every article). In the past we always had problems with people copying articles from the blog and posting it somewhere else without so much as crediting us as a source; it went as far as an article in a Luxembourgish magazine which was simply a German translation of a blog post.
[End of rant]

I think Katie's stance reflects the fact that her mother was young and single when her oldest daughter was born. She has acknowledged herself that she was a candidate for having an abortion. Her mother and whole family are anti-abortionists and Katie has already protested in front of clinics since she was a child. Even though it does not really matter, I personally do not agree with her militant views and neither do most other people I know.

Though she is definetely very much in line with Imre's family. Both Imre and Christioph as well as Guillaume and Christoph's fiancée attended Philanthropos, a school that's definetely nothing for the mildly catholic. Imre works/has worked for (veeery) conservative organisations. His cousin Felix and his girlfriend Claire study at a pontificial university, Alexandra and Sebastien also attend staunchly catholic universities. Henri refused to sign a law regarding euthanasia because of his religious belief and thus started a constitutional crisis in the Grand Duchy, same with his mother's uncle King Baudouin. His great-grandfather is Blessed Emperor Karl and the family is advocating for his great-grandmother Empress Zita to gain the same status. Guillaume is said to attend mass every single day and rumour says that this has actually interferred with his abroad engagements in the past. At least three definetely, though I think maybe four, of the eight children of Carl-Christian's brother Rudolf live in religious orders, only his oldest son, also named Carl-Christian, is married and after what I've heard about the other children, he might be the only one who ever will. I've even heard that some members of the extended family are connected to Opus Dei.

The only difference between Katie and the Habsburgs is, that the latter try to fly under the radar and are more diplomatic in the way they express themselves.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: September 08, 2012, 05:31:02 PM »

Well, she was on MSNBC and other national wide TV station and is very regularly present at pro-life functions, so by my estimation she is well known in the pro-life and devoutly catholic world in and around Washington.

On the Luxarazzi blog, we do not copy and paste other articles but write information we found on various websites/news outlets on the events in question. And we always credit our sources (you will find a link to all the articles that are quoted underneath every article). In the past we always had problems with people copying articles from the blog and posting it somewhere else without so much as crediting us as a source; it went as far as an article in a Luxembourgish magazine which was simply a German translation of a blog post.
[End of rant]

I think Katie's stance reflects the fact that her mother was young and single when her oldest daughter was born. She has acknowledged herself that she was a candidate for having an abortion. Her mother and whole family are anti-abortionists and Katie has already protested in front of clinics since she was a child. Even though it does not really matter, I personally do not agree with her militant views and neither do most other people I know.

Though she is definetely very much in line with Imre's family. Both Imre and Christioph as well as Guillaume and Christoph's fiancée attended Philanthropos, a school that's definetely nothing for the mildly catholic. Imre works/has worked for (veeery) conservative organisations. His cousin Felix and his girlfriend Claire study at a pontificial university, Alexandra and Sebastien also attend staunchly catholic universities. Henri refused to sign a law regarding euthanasia because of his religious belief and thus started a constitutional crisis in the Grand Duchy, same with his mother's uncle King Baudouin. His great-grandfather is Blessed Emperor Karl and the family is advocating for his great-grandmother Empress Zita to gain the same status. Guillaume is said to attend mass every single day and rumour says that this has actually interferred with his abroad engagements in the past. At least three definetely, though I think maybe four, of the eight children of Carl-Christian's brother Rudolf live in religious orders, only his oldest son, also named Carl-Christian, is married and after what I've heard about the other children, he might be the only one who ever will. I've even heard that some members of the extended family are connected to Opus Dei.

The only difference between Katie and the Habsburgs is, that the latter try to fly under the radar and are more diplomatic in the way they express themselves.

I don't mind a person holding staunch beliefs.  The problem that I have is when people with staunch beliefs think it is okay to get into other people's faces and scream at them.  I also have a huge problem with people who defend the Spanish Inquisition (IMO, that's just as bad as Holocaust deniers) and with people who get on TV and call for ex-communications.  She's a lunatic, and her behavior is NOT okay.  The Luxes and Hapsburgs don't seem to do these fanatical things, and that's why I can stomach their views more easily than Krazy Katie's views.  They may have attended staunchly Catholic institutions, but they aren't out there shouting at people.  There's no excuse for Katie's behavior.  None.  She is just as bad as fanatics of any other religious group.  It's awful that Imre chose to marry her, but I guess that he doesn't mind/agrees with her insanity. 

I wonder if her extreme behavior comes from the fact that she never went to Catholic schools Thinking  Usually, the most radical and fundamental people are those who grew up outside of the faith.  She's probably a lifelong Catholic, but I wonder if her behavior has something to do with insecurity.  She's not very smart, but I suspect that she may also be very, very insecure. 
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: September 08, 2012, 05:35:05 PM »

Marlene Koenig is live-Tweeting outside of the wedding

Here's her latest tweet:
Bride wore pearl headband. Late traffic bridesmaids arrived last in stretch hummer may get inside

Stretch Hummer!  Sounds Klassy Laugh bounce Laughing  Bogan number 2, is what I immediately think.  Doesn't sound like mother-in-law lent out any tiaras.  Poor Krazy Katie.  She'll have to console herself in her tacky-ass stretch Hummer. Laugh bounce 

https://twitter.com/royalmusing
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: September 08, 2012, 05:36:03 PM »

[End of rant]

I watch quite a lot TV and I have never seen her on MSNBC or other channels for that matter....regularly present for what? Pro-life discussion? Very dangerous territory on American public television, so no, she might be known in her small circle, but that doesn't make her famous.

re the blog: that is how Luxarazzi does it. RD is not Luxarazzi!

Rephrasing an article does not make it original either, it's copy - change - paste. I don't treat blogs as a sources, because they are not. They -  Luxarazzi included - have taken information and photos form various other sources and re-posted it on their blog. Very few things on blogs are original, especially when it concerns royalty.

At RD we know that, and take every information with a grain of salt. When I believe I found original information, I will cite that, until then, I post as I wish to.

SydneyLux

Micro Member

Luxembourg Luxembourg

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: September 08, 2012, 05:46:32 PM »

[End of rant]

I don't mind a person holding staunch beliefs.  The problem that I have is when people with staunch beliefs think it is okay to get into other people's faces and scream at them.  I also have a huge problem with people who defend the Spanish Inquisition (IMO, that's just as bad as Holocaust deniers) and with people who get on TV and call for ex-communications.  She's a lunatic, and her behavior is NOT okay.  The Luxes and Hapsburgs don't seem to do these fanatical things, and that's why I can stomach their views more easily than Krazy Katie's views.  They may have attended staunchly Catholic institutions, but they aren't out there shouting at people.  There's no excuse for Katie's behavior.  None.  She is just as bad as fanatics of any other religious group.  It's awful that Imre chose to marry her, but I guess that he doesn't mind/agrees with her insanity. 

I wonder if her extreme behavior comes from the fact that she never went to Catholic schools Thinking  Usually, the most radical and fundamental people are those who grew up outside of the faith.  She's probably a lifelong Catholic, but I wonder if her behavior has something to do with insecurity.  She's not very smart, but I suspect that she may also be very, very insecure. 

Then we are pretty much on the same page. I don't like her attitude either and she does not even seem to have manners when it comes to discussion, because having a discussion actually means that you respect other people's opinions and that you let someone finish speaking, something Katie doesn't seem to do. I'm alright with her as long as she keeps her mouth shut, something she has thankfully done since her engagement. She didn't even continue her work for the Empress Zita Facebook fanpage.

You can google her TV appearances as some of them are on Youtube, so I might warn you as some of the stuff she says is hard to stomach.
bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: September 08, 2012, 10:49:58 PM »

She sounds like one of the young female recruits to Opus Dei, which is that extremely right-wing Catholic group.

I believe the late Otto von Habsburg is one of the founders of European Center for Documentation and Identification, that is believed to be an Opus Dei-affiliated group. 

So, all in all, I would imagine that the Habsburgs might not be too disappointed with Imre's choice.  They will certainly be seen as reactionary forces.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: September 08, 2012, 11:22:32 PM »

When Franco's regime was challenged in the late 1960s by members of Opus Dei and other reformer, Franco designated Prince Juan Carlos as king of Spain at the moment Franco died. It has been claimed that Franco initially invited Otto von Habsburg to become the new king, but Otto refused and recommended Juan Carlos. Franco, Juan Carlos, and Otto von Habsburg all were Knights of Malta.

As to Opus Dei....Otto was one of the original founders of the covert transnational intelligence group Le Cercle, and leading facilitator within the Imperial and Royal Dragon Court & Order (Rex Deus fraternity). He worked under a rumbled alias in Washington DC, failed to carry off a multi-trillion dollar theft of the international prosperity funds in partnership with the Deutsche Bundesbank, Angela Merkel, Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands and the City of London Crown Temple.

Criticism of Opus Dei has centered on allegations of secretiveness, controversial recruiting methods, strict rules governing members, elitism and misogyny, and support of or participation in authoritarian or right-wing governments, especially the Francoist Government of Spain until 1978.  Within the Catholic Church, Opus Dei is highly criticized for "allegedly' seeking independence and more influence.

Soooo....yes, from a personal point of view she might fit right in the Family of Corn, but they will not let her make statements and give interviews like she has in the past.....Opus Dei likes their secrecy

....and on a whole other note "Rick Santorum sent two of his sons to a Washington, D.C. all-boys school affiliated with Opus Dei, the Catholic group whose members were portrayed as sinisterly weird in the sensationalistic Da Vinci Code but in reality only engage in some mild self-mutilation, "nothing traumatic," as the group's website says. Santorum says he's not a member of Opus Dei, though he did go to Rome in 2002 to celebrate the 100th anniversary of its founding, and he belongs to the St. Catherine of Siena Parish, "a favorite of Opus Dei," the Washington Post says."

see how the circle closes  Secret .....mmm...never mind.

PrincessRoyal

Mini Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: September 08, 2012, 11:29:38 PM »

pictures of the wedding of Imre and Katie can be found here: http://royalmusingsblogsp...ial-wedding-archduke.html

I have to confess that she looks good in her dress IMO.
KittyHeaven

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: September 08, 2012, 11:39:14 PM »

She sounds like one of the young female recruits to Opus Dei, which is that extremely right-wing Catholic group.

I believe the late Otto von Habsburg is one of the founders of European Center for Documentation and Identification, that is believed to be an Opus Dei-affiliated group. 

So, all in all, I would imagine that the Habsburgs might not be too disappointed with Imre's choice.  They will certainly be seen as reactionary forces.

The late Otto von Habsburg amended the rules of the House of Habsburg to allow non-Catholics in. He was in many ways a very enlightened and highly intelligent man.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 31   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: