Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 31   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Engagement AD Imre/Kathleen Walker & AD Christoph/Adelaide Drapé-Friche  (Read 141582 times)
BaronessLee

Large Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2012, 06:16:39 PM »

People often likely group Holland in with the rest of the inquisition, even if incorrect. The reality is, that Charles I was holy Roman emperor, and King of Spain, not just of Holland. Unfortunately, history often exagerates things. I think most people see IMO, the Spanish as being the spark, which lit the inquisition or similar practices, in other countries like Holland, the UK (Bloody Mary being greatly influenced by her Spanish heritage and husband) and the US. While more deaths may have occured in Holland, I would still call the Inquisition one of the great attrocities.

I am catholic, but it is women like Katie, who often make me reluctant to admit it. I think our church needs to move closer to the 21st century. I grew up in a family with fish on Fridays, rosaries and such. But I fully support altar girls and hopefully one day female priests. And it makes me sick that there are protestors outside abortion clinics. Those women have been through enough, and it is their bodies. Offer counselling, for those who may need it, don't make their lives even more hell by screaming names at them. For many women, having an abortion is the hardest choice, and will haunt them. They don't need you making a monster out of them. It is their body, and if it is against God's will, then let him judge them.

Anything known about the other fiance?
TLLK

Most Exalted Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2012, 06:58:48 PM »

As a Catholic I believe it would be better to be involved with the groups that offer support to women throughout their pregnancies and after the child is born. Our own parish is involved with a group that provides women with prenatal referrals, adoption information and post-natal counseling and support. They take donations of clothing, diapers, formula, and toiletries for mothers and their infants/toddlers.

There are other ways to support the pro-life movement than by harassing people IMHO.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2012, 09:27:07 PM »

People often likely group Holland in with the rest of the inquisition, even if incorrect. The reality is, that Charles I was holy Roman emperor, and King of Spain, not just of Holland. Unfortunately, history often exagerates things. I think most people see IMO, the Spanish as being the spark, which lit the inquisition or similar practices, in other countries like Holland, the UK (Bloody Mary being greatly influenced by her Spanish heritage and husband) and the US. While more deaths may have occured in Holland, I would still call the Inquisition one of the great attrocities.

I am catholic, but it is women like Katie, who often make me reluctant to admit it. I think our church needs to move closer to the 21st century. I grew up in a family with fish on Fridays, rosaries and such. But I fully support altar girls and hopefully one day female priests. And it makes me sick that there are protestors outside abortion clinics. Those women have been through enough, and it is their bodies. Offer counselling, for those who may need it, don't make their lives even more hell by screaming names at them. For many women, having an abortion is the hardest choice, and will haunt them. They don't need you making a monster out of them. It is their body, and if it is against God's will, then let him judge them.

She is the daughter of a French diplomat.  I believe he is serving in Serbia Thinking  She's very low-key, which is how Katie should be. I think she's somewhere in the age range of 22-24.  She met her fiance through a Catholic youth group. 
BaronessLee

Large Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2012, 10:38:01 PM »

She is the daughter of a French diplomat.  I believe he is serving in Serbia Thinking  She's very low-key, which is how Katie should be. I think she's somewhere in the age range of 22-24.  She met her fiance through a Catholic youth group. 

Thanks  Star
Clara
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2012, 10:31:37 PM »

I don't understand the first part of your post. The quote I added was talking of Phillip II not of Charles I, the Netherlands was Spanish not part of the Holy Roman Empire(the emperor was his uncle) and Holland had its own Inquisition, independent from the Spanish.

I must say I'm surprised by the high number of Catholics I've seen on the board.

claypoint2

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2012, 05:46:48 AM »

Quote from: Clara link=topic=10147
Between 1557 and 1562 the courts in Antwerp executed 103 heretics, more than were killed in the whole of Spain in this same period

Clara, although I agree that the Spanish Inquisition has been veiled in legend, I think that you yourself may be obscuring important facts through your careful choice of dates.  The Inquisition in Spain lasted several centuries and was by all credible accounts a systematic and brutal attempt to force religious orthodoxy on the population.   

"The main heresy prosecuted during the period of inquisitions in Spain was the alleged secret practice of Judaism among the 'conversos.'  From the establishment of the inquisitions up to 1530, it is estimated that approximately 2,000 'heretics' were turned over to the secular authorities for execution in Spain (Kamen 1997: 74)."  http://en.wikipedia.org/w...vision_of_the_Inquisition  That is a lot more than 103.

Regarding Antwerp, keep in mind that, even after the Protestant Reformation caused the division of the Netherlands into North (Protestant) and South (Catholic), the south remained under Spanish rule.  Antwerp was part of the Spanish Netherlands.  So the Inquisition in Antwerp to which you refer was within the control of the Spanish Habsburg monarch Philip II.  In other words, even those 103 can be attributed to Spain.
claypoint2

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2012, 06:04:54 AM »

As a Catholic I believe it would be better to be involved with the groups that offer support to women throughout their pregnancies and after the child is born. Our own parish is involved with a group that provides women with prenatal referrals, adoption information and post-natal counseling and support. They take donations of clothing, diapers, formula, and toiletries for mothers and their infants/toddlers.

There are other ways to support the pro-life movement than by harassing people IMHO.

TLLK, your practice strikes me as truly compassionate.  And that's the essence of what Jesus Christ taught:  compassion.  Unfortunately there are those, like Miss Walker, who feel self-righteously entitled to throw stones at others.  She must be without sin!   Whistle

Miss Walker has gone so far as to advocate loudly that Bishops should enforce a provision of Canon Law to deny Holy Communion to Catholic politicians who - because they represent diverse constituencies - adopt a pro-choice stance in their political life.  What kind of Spirit moves a person to want to cut off others' relationship with God in this way?  It's very saddening and even worrisome.

I agree that it says a great deal about Archduke Imre that he has chosen this young woman; I hope that he knows what he's doing.  Honestly, good luck to him.
TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2012, 05:00:23 PM »

Thank you claypoint. I do feel quite strongly that there are compassionate ways to promote the pro-life movement.
Elissa

Most Exalted Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2012, 05:14:33 PM »

So we have a date for the first wedding !

Archduke Imre and Kathleen will get married on September 8, 2012 in Washington DC.

http://www.imreandkathleen2012.com/

Miss Waynfleet

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2012, 05:17:19 PM »

They look like a prom-couple.  Laughing

Is that their own website? ImreandKathleen2012? Oh my god, I can´t. They are too much 

Thanks  Star  Beer
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2012, 08:58:41 PM »

(sorry, but she's not a good person)

So, Saint Katie has set a date?  This website is one of those freebie websites that anyone can get if they register with the Knot or weddingchannel.  I wonder if they're getting married in the US? Thinking
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2012, 09:17:13 PM »

to me they look like the children of the corn

TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2012, 11:07:47 PM »

They look like a prom-couple.  Laughing

Is that their own website? ImreandKathleen2012? Oh my god, I can´t. They are too much 

Thanks  Star  Beer

We just received wedding invitation that directed you to the couple's bridal website. Guests RSVP, can see the wedding registry etc... all online. I was surprised when the envelope seemed to be lacking the RSVP card.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2012, 05:34:29 AM »

to me they look like the children of the corn

Laugh bounce Laughing Star  OMG   you are so right!  They do!  I've always thought that Imre looked like the Nazi boyfriend in "The Sound of Music", but when he's with Krazy he (and Krazy) looks like one of the Children of the Corn.   Nerves
Miss Waynfleet

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2012, 06:37:41 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 31   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: