Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 31   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Engagement AD Imre/Kathleen Walker & AD Christoph/Adelaide Drapé-Friche  (Read 141439 times)
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: September 10, 2012, 06:03:18 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzlfOSozIL0

Someone posted Carl-Christian's speech to the Children of the Corn on Youtube.

He has a nice voice, but there's some hilarious things that he says about education and family trees.   
KittyHeaven

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: September 10, 2012, 06:14:39 PM »

I am convinced that Chinny did her own wedding day makeup like Waity did.(with the same unfortunate results. Yikes)

If she did not do it herself the makeup artist was either drunk or really hated the bride.  Sad
bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: September 10, 2012, 06:17:32 PM »

Good lord, that speech is so filled with patronizing haughty bullshit. I don't envy her one bit marrying into that snobby inbred tribe. They are just plain offensive.   And she will NEVER be good enough for them.

She's not my cuppa, but right now, I can only feel pity for her.
Snow Queen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: September 10, 2012, 06:30:35 PM »

pocahontas that's a good point about being allowed to wear the Hapsburg veil but not the tiara. When I first read about the pearl headband I thought it was a beautiful idea...till I saw it.  Huh?

Those are some rather dinky looking pearls imo. I also noticed the triple strand pearl bracelet she is wearing.

Maybe the pearls were a wedding/consolation gift from ImBred or her parents?

Columbo, the Duke and Duchess of Braganza pop up at ALL Royal funerals and weddings. They would go to the the opening of a WalMart if it had some sort of Royal connection. The Duke has already gleefully announced to the press that he will attend Guillaume's wedding(he is somehow related to Stephanie)

I am surprised he wasn't at Comtesse de Lannoy's funeral.

IA, I thought she looked beautiful from the distant shots and from the descriptions and then I saw the closeups - boy was I wrong. Overall Katie's bridal look was poorly executed. Her makeup was garish and I didn't like the way she took an off-the-rack strapless dress and added the lace sleeves. She may have been able to pull if off if the bodice wasn't pleated/gathered. It just looked strange together. It remined me of when JimBob and ClownCarUterus Duggar renewed their vows and did a "Say Yes To The Dress" crossover. Instead of picking a modest dress Michelle selected a strapless dress and essentially added t-shirt sleeves and neckline. It was a mess just like Krazy Katies.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 06:36:52 PM by Snow Queen » Logged
KittyHeaven

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: September 10, 2012, 06:57:22 PM »

Snow Queen don't feel bad. I thought the same thing straight out of the gate...that Chinny had hit a bridal home run. NOT!! She obviously had that lace added at the last minute. Everything about the whole wedding was just weird, like other posters have indicated.

Haute nobility and Royals interspersed with bush league tackiness like garish bridal makeup, Humvee transportation, the lovely but way too small cake, the Archdduke CC standing there with a microphone making a wedding speech that was about 3 minutes too long just like some father of the groom out of Podunk, USA.  

It's all kind of funny and strange. I hope Honeymoon of The Corn is going well, though.  Roll Eyes

ETA: LMAO at the Duggars reference!  Star
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: September 10, 2012, 07:05:53 PM »

Good lord, that speech is so filled with patronizing haughty bullshit. I don't envy her one bit marrying into that snobby inbred tribe. They are just plain offensive.   And she will NEVER be good enough for them.

She's not my cuppa, but right now, I can only feel pity for her.

I don't feel sorry for her at all.  She purposely set out to meet Imre.  They met at a mass honoring one of his relatives.  She had an Empress Zita Facebook fan page Roll Eyes.  Someone mentioned that Imre would attend a particular mass, and she wrote, "Really? Must meet him!"  She was obviously a big fan of the Habsburgs, and she went out of her way to meet him.  She got what she wanted.  I think that Imre's parents probably did not approve of her at all when they first met.  They probably knew about this fan page that she was running, and they probably knew that she purposely set out to meet Imre.  I think it's hilarious that CC gave such a snotty speech.  If they had met in a different way (and if the bride wasn't so obnoxious), I'd feel so sorry for Katie.  However, given the history of the couple and the attitude of the bride, I don't feel sorry for her at all.  She made this bed, and now she can lie in it.  Ordinarily, I would think someone like CC was a complete douchebag, but in this case, I kind of adore him.  The man knows how to snark Thumb up

Oh, and it is so hilarious that MA is holding the mic for him.  They couldn't get a stand?  He couldn't hold it himself?  The more I see of this wedding, the more awesome it is.  So much jankiness Thumb up 
KittyHeaven

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: September 10, 2012, 07:25:36 PM »

Good lord, that speech is so filled with patronizing haughty bullshit. I don't envy her one bit marrying into that snobby inbred tribe. They are just plain offensive.   And she will NEVER be good enough for them. She's not my cuppa, but right now, I can only feel pity for her.

IA, but I don't think she is bright enough to have figured that out yet. She probably thinks she's just one of the grand old lovable big Habsburg clan right now, and all is right with the world. I can see her spending the last year obsessively practicing her new signature "Kathleen, Archduchess of Austria, Princess of Croatia, Bohemia, Hungary, etc". 

Reality will start to settle in before Christmas, if not sooner.  Yes

In mourning or not, Cousin Guillaume was very wise to stear clear of this circus, imo. Cool
Holly Golightly

Gigantic Member

New Caledonia New Caledonia

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: September 10, 2012, 07:31:19 PM »

Guys, I think that they're a lovely couple! Why all the negativity??

And I can't WAIT to see the photographs of their future, gorgeous, born-in-wedlock babies! I imagine they'll look something like this:

Roll Eyes
KittyHeaven

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: September 10, 2012, 08:26:31 PM »

Holly Golightly..get OUT of my head...I was imagining what Infants Of The Corn would be like, just this morning!!  Laugh bounce Star

We might find out as early as June 2013...... Cool
tigerben
Board Helper
Humongous Member

Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: September 10, 2012, 08:38:25 PM »

And I can't WAIT to see the photographs of their future, gorgeous, born-in-wedlock babies! I imagine they'll look something like this:

Roll Eyes

Star Aren't the smashing looking, but like most royal kids, the look a bit like Willem of Orange , it's the colouring 
lilith

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: September 11, 2012, 03:23:28 PM »

It's all kind of funny and strange. I hope Honeymoon of The Corn is going well, though.  Roll Eyes
We'll find out in 9 months. 

When I saw the wedding photos, I did not recognized her at all. And it wasn't change for better.  Secret
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: September 11, 2012, 05:19:42 PM »

Roll Eyes

Hopefully the Children of the Children of the Corn won't take on any of the characteristics of years of inbreeding "selective" breeding on the part of the Habsburgs. Tongue
Clara
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: September 11, 2012, 05:33:10 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzlfOSozIL0

Someone posted Carl-Christian's speech to the Children of the Corn on Youtube.

He has a nice voice, but there's some hilarious things that he says about education and family trees.  

Shocked I saw the first two minutes and it was more than enough for me. You can tell that CC has struggled with the idea of his precious bloodline being marred by a commoner  Dead Seriously, if my new father-in-law opened his wedding speech like that I would never invite him to another event. The best thing is how "happy" Katie looks while CC exposes all her (and her ancestors) faults. It's very weird how MA keeps holding the mic  Huh? The whole wedding was so tacky, from the beginning (and their public "virginity" pledge) to the stretch hummer, to the banquet, to Christian's speech  Confused Confused

« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 05:54:38 PM by Clara » Logged

bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: September 11, 2012, 05:49:15 PM »

And if the father-in-law dared say those things in the speech, one can only imagine the unsaid things floating around inside the mother-in-law's head.  Katie, it aint' gonna be easy, marrying into that tribe.
milka74it

Small Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: September 11, 2012, 06:41:17 PM »

They all look like forced in something that don't approve!! How they will be during the second marriage???
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 31   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: